Old 06-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

I had a good dr appointment - found out I don't have diabetes and don't have to go on medication! This is primarily due to my slifestyle changes, and dr said I need to keep going and lose more weight. So I leave the office, and I have this urge to go ear bad stuff. I was thinking about all the stuff I could eat, and really wanted to do it. Which is crazy because it has been so hard to get back OP (which I finally am) and I still have 3 1/2 pounds of regain to get off & Dr. just told me I need to coninue making progress to stay in good health. Grrr....why do I think, well really feel this way??

I realized that although I though it was a thought, to go eat....it was really a feeling, an urge, very strong, so very strong! Somehow I resisted, so I am still OP and trying to stay OP.

Katie: The neice sounds outrageous, very selfish and immature!!!

Lilmiss: I weigh myself every morning. But have to steel myself not to give up if I'm up a little.
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello friends, I'm back! Actually, DBF and I returned late Wednesday night, but of course coming back to work on Thursday, I didn't have a chance to post. Vacation was nice - beach time, mini-golf, renting bicycles to ride around Chincoteague and Assateague islands on Virginia's Eastern Shore. We had some rain but it didn't get in the way of our plans. I wasn't totally OP (we went out for ice cream one night, and there was a make your own waffle iron included in the free breakfast), but did eat a lot of seafood (high protein, low carb) and we were pretty active.

I haven't been on the scale in a week or so - trying this new technique of focusing on staying OP and having the scale work for me, not against me. I am OP so far today, and going out to dinner tonight and already have a OP dinner order planned, and am thinking if I am OP today and tomorrow I will weigh on Sunday.

I've been dealing with some emotional stuff - found out that an old college friend is being left by her husband (I was a bridesmaid in her wedding) and then found out about a death in the family yesterday (not someone I was close to, but still...) so feeling a little sad and unsettled, but trying to just take it one day at a time and focus on being grateful.

Okay, no time for personals today but I will catch up on that soon. Happy first day of summer everyone! Happy weekend!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #78  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Renewal

Went to my center to weigh in today.
1. good news: I lost 2 pounds! Yay! That was encouraging!
2. bad news: my plan was over yesterday. But they encouraged me to renew and I got a highly discounted rate for 10 more weeks of program. so I have that help and support to try to finish out my goal!

17.5 pounds to go!!!

Going to a fresh water springs camp site for the weekend!! I'm nervous about staying OP but I will be trying my hardest!!! Happy Weekend & Happy first day of summer. Even though its been in the high 90s for 2 weeks here! Which feels like 100!!

junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #79  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello girls,

junebug37
- First of all - Congrats on your loss! It's pretty cool that they gave you a discount. Fresh water springs camp site sounds soooo refreshing right now I hope you have lots of fun this weekend!

BonnieL - It must have been such a relief when you found out that you don't have diabetes. I can only imagine! Did you manage to stay OP for the day? I know what you're talking about with the frozen yogurt. I've tried that, too, but that's just not what I'm craving in the moment. I want that ice cream, the sugary, unhealthy ice cream. And I want lots of it. Gaah.

Kaitie9399 - Some people just think they can take someone's help for granted. It's rude and disrespectful. Very sweet words from your student, definitely made me smile

lilmisschattabox - If you weigh yourself daily or more than once a week then you gotta be prepared for fluctuations, so keep that in mind. I feel like weighing daily keeps me in control just a little more. Try and see how it works for you! No ideas right now, if I come up with something I'll let you know!

SuperCecilia - Welcome back and sorry about your emotional stress...I'm glad to hear that you had a great time though!

--------

So, after my "time to recommit" post 2 days ago, I managed to, you know it, recommit I was OP for the whole day yesterday and today even though I had a little too many nuts. I was down a pound this morning at 141 lbs but well, we will see what happens.

NSV: A friend of mine came into work today and told me that I had lost weight Also, another co-worker came out of nowhere and said "Wow, you definitely got skinnier since the last time I saw you, especially around your waist and legs." Always nice to hear that

I'm off tomorrow and my 3-year old niece is coming over for the day. It's supposed to be sunny so DH and I plan on going for a nice walk or a bike ride with our little one.

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited by Hoopty; 06-21-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #80  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Hello Ladies,

Bonnie - I'm glad your test was okay and you dont have to take meds. I am borderline so I really need to get my butt in gear and lose this weight. Congrats on how much you've lost so far.

Hoopty - Congrats on being successful with your re-commit! Keep up the good work.

Junebug - :congrats: on your loss!

Cecilia - Welcome back from vacation and sorry to hear about your emotional things. Hang in there.

Hi LilMiss & Kaitie - Hope you're having a great Friday.

My day has been good so far. I'm within my Pts for the day and don't plan to go over tonight.

I hope you all have a great evening!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #81  

This week is done.

So, to add to the drama of this week: My classroom is in the basement...sucks I know but it's better than nothing. Earlier this year I was poisoned with toxic mold from that classroom. They fixed it. I got to go back in. Fine. A month later a chemical that they use to wax the floors spills...it hurts to breathe so they take me out of my room again and they 'cleaned' it and I got to go back in. This week, bad smell and sore throat on Monday. Didn't put the connection together. Bad smell and sore throat again. I think, ok I won't be in there much on Wednesday and I wasn't. Same thing with Thursday. By now I'm wondering what the smell is. It did smell similar to the last time but not the same. Today, I go back I smell the smell and think ok it's coming from by my desk so I put down so plastic, didn't help. I have two classes and my throat is really starting to hurt. 3rd class comes down, and the custodian comes down to move some stuff in the hallway so I ask him about the smell...he very casually says 'oh yeah, the same chemical as last time burned through the shelves and he opened the closet and showed me the chemical spill which was about 6 feet by 4 feet wide. I choke on the fumes and take the rest of my classes outside to play on the playground. They KNEW! The knew there was a toxic spill and they still let me go down there with the kids!!!! WTHeck!!!!!!

I can. not. wait. for summer vacation. I wrote my principal a huge letter.

Anyway, I really hope tomorrow is drama free.

OP for the day and did 40 minutes of wfp and took the dog for a walk.

I hope ya'll have a great Saturday.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #82  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Kaitie Mmm that salsa chicken sounds great! I might have to try that!!! It sounds like you've got so much on your plate right now and that's terrible about your classroom! I hope things start getting better for you
Hoopty congrats on your re-commit success!!
junebug great loss good work.
SuperCecelia hi, nice to see you back sounds like you had a great holiday.
GettinFit hi hope you continued with your good day.
Bonnie that's great news from your doc!

Another loss this week although not as big as last week - 82.7kg (182lb) which is about a pound down. I did weigh again this morning and I was down another pound again, but I'm going to try not to weigh again for a couple of days and see what happens. Fridays weigh ins are going to be my official recorded weight I think.

Yay weekend! Have a great one everyone!
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #83  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Kaitie - WOW it seems like nobody cares about anybody anymore. I hope they get it sorted out and the chemical doesn't do any damage to you or your students. Great job on staying OP too.

Lilmiss - Congrats on your loss.

I'm planning on a good day. Yesterday I was walking in the mall and I saw a reflection of myself in the window and I was so shocked at how fat an jiggly my tummy has gotten. It really motivated me to stay OP and get serious about my workouts.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'll check back later today.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

GettinFit - keep up the good work!

Kaitie - sorry about the drama. Come on, summer vacation! When does it start?

Lilmiss - you are losing consistently. Way to go!

Hoopty - congrats on recommitting and sticking to it, and the scale has rewarded you already. Awesome that someone noticed you were looking different!

Bonnie - good news from the doctor. Yay! I have insulin resistance, so I definitely understand health as a motivator - it's not just about a smaller pants size or looking better in photos, it's about getting off (or not starting) meds and doing all we can to live long, healthy lives.

June - glad you will be continuing with the program, and bonus for you for getting a discount!

Not sure if I will weigh tomorrow or not, with dealing with different emotional stuff, I don't want to get on the scale and see a higher number and then have that add to what's already going on. But maybe it's better just to know? Well, I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning. I was able to have some good chill time today cooking and listening to music and DBF and I are going to a friend's house tonight for a get-together which should be fun - though I don't want to make it a late night.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:07 AM   #85  

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I had zero drama today--probably because I didn't leave the house, but hey! Zero annoyance is a really good thing.

OP and 34 minutes of wfp.

It's 1:06 and I'm wide awake. :-) I'm such a night owl! 4 more days of school and then 8 weeks of no children and no teachers and no parents.....actually I don't mind the kids it's everyone else!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #86  
Determined!

S/C/G: 84.3kg/ticker/65kg

Height: 5'4"/164cm

Gettinfit I think that's what I hate about work! I'm always catching sight of my reflection in the windows and I hate the way I look!!! I will try and think of it as motivation to keep going too!!

Not a great weekend for staying OP but I tried to not go overboard on my not so healthy choices. And there's lots of food in the fridge for a healthy week!!!

Hope everyone's enjoying their weekend
lilmisschattabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #87  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Lilmiss - Yeah that reflection was a wake up call for me. Lately I have not been feeling good about myself and I don't like feeling that way. I also don't like when my tummy giggles when I walk. I am motivated to work hard at fetting fit.

Kaitie - Glad yesterday was a good one for you. Like you, I didn't leave the house at all yesterday and it felt so good to just chill out. I did a little house work and that was it!

Cecilia - I hope you enjoyed your night with friends and I hope the scale is down if you decide to weigh today.

Hello Bonnie, Hoopty & Junebug

Yesterday was a good one for me. Last night I wanted to binge so bad but I stayed strong. I did have a few unsalted saltines & a glass of wine w/diet sprite. Today has been good so far. I've done a 2 mile walk and have my meals all planned out for the day.

My plan:
B: Rasin bran, skim milk, coffee w/sf creamer
L: Healthy Choice Dinner, WW Snack bar
D: RF Chicken salad, salad, salad dressing, SF jello
S: melon
Exercise: Walked 2 mmiles
Old 06-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #88  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Busy busy weekend!!

I went totally off plan at the campsite after I realized I forgot to bring my veggies!!! I didn't do too bad and I didn't feel guilty. I just tried to keep the portions small.

AND I know I got a lot of exercise in because we swam what feels like 20 miles of river/freezing fresh water spring water!! Floated/ swam all the way down the river with about 15 of our great friends twice this weekend plus swimming in the actual spring. It was so relaxing and invigorating!! i think its just what we all needed!! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Back to the real world and "unpacking" the camping stuff!! Go outside people!!!

Next weigh in on Thursday!!

junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #89  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Good evening girls,

Plans had changed on Saturday and instead of just my niece coming over it was the whole family! It was awesome and we all had a great time. I had some ice cream but stayed on plan for the whole day. I even got to do some exercises with our weights (squats + bicep curls). Weight for that day: 141 lbs.
Today was another OP day with a very stressful day at work. Got my bike rides in and now I'm exhausted! Weight this morning: Still 141 lbs. My Mom made her delicious Filipino dessert, it's TERRIBLE for you so I only had 3 pieces (it's basically fried coconut milk-dough topped with sugar). So delicious!

I'm off tomorrow but I need to run some errands so I hope it's not gonna rain. DH and I would love to ride our bikes to the city as opposed to my Dad having to drive us. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope everyone has a healthy Monday!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #90  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good evening ladies,

Junebug - I'm glad you had a nice time and it sounds like you got in lots of activity.

Hoopty - Glad you had some nice family time. Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow.

I'm happy to say that I had the best day I've had in a long time. I stayed away from sugar today and I can feel the difference. My cravings weren't as bad and I'm not hungry. I'm motivated to keep it up tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.