1 Week Salad Challenge - Starting Friday, 5/17

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Glad to see there are still some Salad Freaks about! This has been the perfect week for salads....the weather is crazy hot, especially for May.

The shrimp/mango salad sounds yum, 100, but it wasn't my pin. Mangos are so difficult for me to buy - they're expensive and never seem to ripen properly - so I try to ignore recipes with them. Hope your sick kid is feeling better.

Going2BeThatGirl - Steak....yummmmm.
  • Hi everyone seems like you guys have been in this challenge for 5 days now anyone starting it again? I would be interested to do this. Although salad for breakfast doesnt sound apetizing.
  • And Thursday's salads are......

Breakfast
    Greens, Egg, and Ham Salad (recipe) (spinach, fried egg, ham)
    plus a side of cottage cheese with pineapple

Lunch
    Sriracha Egg Salad (recipe), artisan lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, snap peas, edamame, scallions
    plus a side of sliced strawberries

Dinner
    Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing (recipe) (romaine, carrots, celery, scallions, chicken, dressing)

ETA: The Sriracha Egg Salad was yummy and I'll def make it again. The Buffalo Chicken salad was delicious and easy.
  • And Friday's menu...

Breakfast
    Breakfast Salad with Maple Vinaigrette (recipe) (spinach, bacon, dried cherries, almonds, fried egg, dressing)

Lunch
    Corn & Bacon Chicken Salad (recipe), leaf lettuce, romaine lettuce, spinach, shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers, scallions, grape tomatoes
    plus a serving of grapes

Dinner
    Southwestern Avocado and Black Bean Salad (recipe) with seasoned flank steak (romaine, avocado, grape tomatoes, corn, black beans, hot pepper cheese, steak, dressing)
    plus a serving of fruit

ETA: These were all amazingly delish!
  • Nice job, Novus!!

I'm not sure what I will eat for lunch yet! Off to the fridge I go
  • Saturday Salads

Breakfast
    Chocolate-Avocado Breakfast Salad (recipe) with Cocoa & Chile Rubbed Pork Chop (recipe) (leaf lettuce, apples, pork chop, chocolate-avocado sauce)

Lunch/Dinner
    California Cobb Salad with Tarragon Vinaigrette (recipe) (romaine, leaf lettuce, chicken, bacon, hard-cooked eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, strawberries, dressing)

ETA: Chocolate + lettuce = weird. It wasn't bad, but my brain was very confused. The Cobb Salad was yummy; I really loved the dressing.
  • Last day of salads for me! Seven days of lettuce conquered...woohoo!

Breakfast
    Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage Salad with Pears, Feta, and Curry Vinaigrette (recipe) (romaine, leaf lettuce, bell peppers, sausage, pears, feta, dressing)

Lunch/Dinner
    Turkey Burger Salad with Pub Dressing (recipe) (romaine lettuce, leaf lettuce, carmelized onions, grape tomatoes, Swiss cheese, turkey burger, dressing)
  • Great job, Novus!!!

I really enjoyed the seven days. Next time I will for sure write out a menu.

I'm going MEAT FREE the week of June 2nd! Should be interesting!