Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #16  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
I'm just starting (again!), so my plan is as per the title.

1. Stay on plan foodwise - if i can do this in May i'm happy
2. Go running at least twice a week and increase exercise generally
3. Do at least once-daily physio (for shoulder cuff surgery repair)
1. Check. On plan so far
2. Check - been out running the last two days
3. Check.

Hurray me!!! (yes, yes, i know there's still 25 or whatever days still to go, lol)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #17  

Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day. I actually think that I to far under calories, I think I need to eat more. I have a monster headache and I am physically exhausted. I've gone to bed late the past two nights and got up at 4:30 to help my husband study for a test....I'm going to bed.

62 minutes of wfp and I walked the dog.

Observation tomorrow, I know I'll be fine but I still get a little worried. Anyway, time for sleep!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Happy Friday everyone!

Cecilia - Basically, the ONLY carbs I eat are non-starchy vegetables and wine. With that its pretty easy to keep track and to stay under 30. Here is a basic blueprint of what I do if it helps. I'll probably keep it like this until I get to goal and then increase it slightly. I do kinda miss my sweet potatoes

Junebug - you are disappearing! We are cheering you on to the halfway mark

Got in super late last night/this morning so did not have a chance to post. The eating was OP yesterday except for the fact that I had a little too much wine in the evening which probably threw me over my 30g (didn't count). So I know now to watch the alcohol in the future or at least save up for it by eating less carbs during the day.

Got about two hours of walking in - to and from work and then to and from the salon. Not enough water though - only 2L. I used to drink 3-4/day and I don't know why its so hard now. Maybe b/c I'm more active and running around, so maybe not a bad thing.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #19  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Wine??! Mmmm

Lotus I can't wait until maintenance and I can incorporate some WINE!!

hehe!! I am working on getting some before/after pics together so I can compare!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #20  

So Off Plan.

1. Took my neighbor out for her birthday. She wanted KFC. Crud. Super salty.
2. Had to go to someone's house to get something signed for church. Wasn't planning on staying--I even brought my dog as an excuse not to stay but stayed anyway. They gave me ice cream with a brownie and an oreo pie.

Oy vey.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #21  

So yesterday was so-so. I felt pretty cruddy from my wine indulgences the day before. My eating was OP, and believe me, the way I felt, I could have downed a loaf of bread. I had my normal breakfast (eggs & bacon) and then went out for lunch and chose the Cobb salad. I suspect the dressing might have had a bit of sugar but I'm not sure - I need to start asking before I order, but the meal was totally fine otherwise. Instead of nibbling on crackers at my friends house, I was able to get some cheese and went to town. And back home I had some nuts and a small tuna salad for dinner. Mind you this whole time, I just wanted CARBS b/c that is my usual hangover food so I had to really be concious of that the whole day.

Also, when I come home from a night out drinking, I usually just start nibbling out of the fridge and when I came home, I didn't have anything. I paused at the refrigerator for a second and then moved on. That is a BIG step b/c most of the damage is not from the drinks but from the post-drink eating.

I'm thinking of just cutting out the alcohol until the end of the month so that my body can adapt to the low carb better. I don't know if the alcohol is having any negative effect but I kinda of feel it is better to be 100% sure. I guess I will research it a bit today and decide. Any of you on Atkins-type diets have insight into this?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends -

Junebug - congrats on your loss of inches. Wow! And glad you are feeling so happy. Keep up the great work.

Lotus - thanks for sharing this info. In the research that I have been doing about lower-carb specifically to stabilize blood sugar (because I have insulin resistance and I also think blood sugar fluctuations can trigger migraines for me) I have read that alcohol can raise blood sugar and acts as a simple carbohydrate in your body, and can stimulate carb cravings, plus it dehydrates you. I have a glass of red wine probably 1-2 night a week, and so far it doesn't seem to be interfering with weight loss. You might check out the low-carb section of the board and see what others' experience has been with the type/amount of alcohol while on LC.

Kaitie - I hear your "oy." Ice cream with a brownie and oreo pie - that is not an offer I'd want made to me. today is a new day!

Ange and Bonnie - congrats for staying on plan!

So yesterday I was barely online at all so didn't get a chance to post. But was OP eating even though a friend (who knows I am trying to limit sugar/carbs, but doesn't seem to get it) offered my pie. I went out to coffee with friends and had a skim latte even though they all had mochas with whipped cream. I had a great run on Thursday afternoon and covered a particular route faster than I have in the past, and did lots of walking yesterday. Also, I am noticing in the mirror my face is less round and a bit more angular. I like it!

Today I have a work party where there will be lots of food and hors d'oeuvres being passed around. I'm planning on eating before I go and focusing on interacting with people and not letting food be the focus. I will have a small portion of the dessert that is served as my afternoon snack.
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #23  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hello ladies,

The night before my Husband and I went to NYC we both started to feel sick (sore throat). The next morning was much worse but because we were so excited and we made so many plans we decided to go anyways. All in all we had a great day and I'm very glad we went. We got there at around 11:30 AM and took the train back at about 10 PM. I was so tired last night I didn't even bother going online. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good sleep at all. My nose is super stuffy and my throat burns and when I woke up this morning I felt like absolute ****.

With that being said - yesterday was 100% OFF plan. I had my oatmeal for breakfast but throughout the day I had a lot of sugar and fats. My calorie intake must have been somewhere around 4400, so probably around 2500 too many. The city's got a lot to offer, lol. Again - I didn't plan on staying OP yesterday so that is fine with me.
Since I'm getting the flu now it will most likely be hard for me to eat anything. I will try to get a lot of veggies + fruit in and protein as well. My number 1 priority however is to drink, drink, drink!

One thing I'm really excited about is that we both got new workout clothes, yaay! Can't wait to wear them.

I enjoyed reading all your posts!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #24  

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Cecilia - I did some research into alcohol and low carb and I found a goldmine

Yesterday was definitely OP. I kept it under 30g carbs, did some yoga A.M. and went for an hour walk before lunch. My friend had a scotch night and I managed to just drink water. Though with my newfound research (above), I may not have to anymore!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 246/238/150

Height: 5'5

I'm a few days late but jumping on board!

Goal 1) Track food daily on fitday
Goal 2) Eat whole foods only
Goal 3) exercise minimum 5 days per week

I think that should do it... I hope If I am tracking my food I am careful with what goes into my mouth. I don't worry about carbs/fats but just that the food is whole and clean. I recently switched to Fitday from a different program on my phone and I think this will be much easier.
Icamp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #26  

It's official. I'm a hypochondriac. No, seriously. I'm getting a physical this week to just make sure that this crazy twingy pain that happens once a month is nothing but seriously, I've had myself 'diagnosed' on WebMD with having a heart attack, panic attacks etc... In my head I know that this all stems from a tragic incident that happened on Thursday to a few of my students but I'm still crazy and worried that it could happen to me. I'm a nut.

Yesterday was OP but my throat was seriously on fire and my asthma was bugging the daylights out of me (on top of my twinging shoulder/chest). I think I've become allergic to Advil--that sucks. But my asthma really flared up for the past three or four days and I had be taking advil. Advil makes asthma worse. Good to know.

My plan is to be OP for the day but I still need to workout. My throat is still on fire and nothing is helping. I've had honey and ricolas, and water, and advil (not today, yesterday). Grr....

I didn't lose anything all week, this week has to be better. I'm running out of time. I'm supposed to be 160 by the end of June. I want to start the IVF process again and I don't want to be a fat pregnant chick.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #27  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Kaitie9399 - I wish you the best! I had a whole bag of Ricolas yesterday and they definitely helped my sore throat, love them. Get better soon!

Icamp2 - Welcome!

I basically slept all day yesterday. My throat feels a little better now but my head is killing me. I managed to drink a lot of water and I feel like my body is now starting to finally flush itself out (a couple of days ago I drank like a maniac but it all stayed inside me).
I wasn't completely 100% yesterday. My Husband brought me in a plate of goodies to make me feel better (mentally): 1 PBJ sandwich, 5 mini Nutter Butter cookies and about 10 Mini Reese's (the ones that look like Smarties). Nothing too bad. Other than that I had lots of fruits, oatmeal, eggwhites and spinach.

Today has been OP so far. I just wanna get over this sickness :/
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #28  

OP and exercised 158 minutes. That scale better move tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:51 AM   #29  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Work weekend!

This weekend is my 2 12 night shift work weekend so I am so tired!! I only slept 4 hours yesterday!! I stayed OP all weekend though and I keep working on doing squats as much as I can! Hope y'all have a happy Monday.
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #30  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

still OP for May for me. The scales haven't moved between thursday and today, but i don't really care as i can't help but succeed if i stick to 'the rules' - i hope!!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote