Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Tuesday all!

Kaitie -I know what you mean about feeling like clothes fit with weight loss. I have definitely been in that boat...having put on weight but not wanting to buy new clothes so wearing jeans that were too snug, and now that I am down eleven pounds they fit great. I do look forward to the day (maybe 199? 190?) when they really are loose and baggy.

Lotus - congrats on being down a pound after your party-party weekend. Spending a day in your pajamas sounds great and relaxing...makes me want to do that sometime soon!

Welcome Junebug. Good to have you. It looks like you have some good goals and sounds like you have lots of different ways you enjoy being active.

The scale this morning said 207.4. My pattern seems to be a whoosh where I "overnight" lose 1.5-2.5 lbs and then I hover around that number for a few days, and then whoosh again. So I feel like I'm on track if I hover around 207 for a few days.

On plan eating yesterday - I was running around a lot, but packed my snacks (an apple, some almonds, a banana with smear of PB before yoga class) to keep myself on track. I made fish and veggies for DBF and I last night.

I had a great workout yesterday - there is a new yoga studio near where I live and I went and took an hour and 45 minute class that had a DJ spinning music. It was a challenging class (lots of arm balances, inversions, and some stuff I couldn't do) but I stayed with it. I literally had sweat downing my face like tears and dripping onto the yoga mat. I can feel some soreness in my leg muscles today but not as much as I expected. I loved the class, but it was $20, so too expensive to make it a regular thing. Also, it was nice because at the opening of the class the teacher had us set an intention of send some positive energy and love to all who are suffering, especially those in Boston. So it felt like a good way to pray for those impacted by that tragedy (I did graduate work at Boston College and have many friends up there - all of whom are okay).
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #77  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default April Goals-2 weeks worth :)

1.Stay active every day! Walking, coaching baseball, working on my C25K, bike riding or hiking through the GA woods!
2.Control my salt cravings! These are the bane of my existence! (french fries anyone?!?)
3.Keep better track of my water intake! Always a hard task for me!
4.Stop eating after 6pm! Working my night shift schedule makes this very difficult but its a very important factor in this journey!
5.Lose 7 more pounds by the end of April! This is a tough goal for 2 weeks! EEK! I will try my hardest and if I don't succeed I will only learn from it!
6.Come back to the thread at the end of every week on my official weigh in day to update and be accountable! Weigh ins are every Thursday so in 2 days we will see where I am!

= 5 lbs lost
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #78  
Onlyonecent

S/C/G: 192/148/140

Height: 5'2"

Default OP today

Got up at 5am and did Tae Bo for 30 minutes then rode my stationary bike for 15 minutes. It felt good to get exercise in before work today because I felt like I accomplished something. Had a healthy lunch and making dinner soon. After dinner I plan to walk the dog for 20 minutes and ride the bike for another 15 minutes. Clothes are fitting better and staying on plan is becoming a routine.

Have a great day, everyone!
Healthyliving459587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #79  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Mellowmellon - Thanks so much! I actually have almost all of the ingredients here, so I'll definitely try it out this week!

junebug37 - Those are great and achievable goals. By the way: LOVE french fries!

SuperCecilia - I envy you! I'd love to do some yoga but there is no studio around...my gym doesn't even offer any classes but that's okay. I'll work with what I got.

So far so good - I had some of the Ben&Jerry's ice cream but since I planned it out I consider today OP (I had about 1/4 which has 300 cal). I had a doctor's appointment this afternoon and my husband and I decided to walk - which was a total of 5.4 miles. After we got home we had our lunch and right now we're relaxing a little before we head to the gym. I'm most likely gonna ride the stationary bike today since I already walked so much...

OH! And I wrote down all my measurements this morning. I lost 2cm (0.78 inches) around my waist, hips, butt, thighs and under my boobs, yaaay! Weigh-in will be tonight after my workout. So excited!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

Hi everyone - finally a totally OP day for me! Hope to keep having more of them!

I really like reading all of your posts - you say things that I never though about anyone but me doing. I so totally relate to losing weight, but not having clothes get to big! I hate buying bigger clothes, so I have to loose quite a bit before the ones I have are too big!

Also, I have the whooses too. I often hang out at the same weight for a few days or a week before going down a bunch at once.

I like coming here too, it makes me feel accountable too
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #81  
Onlyonecent

Made the most delicious chicken fajitas for dinner. Cooked chicken, peppers and onions in canola oil and placed them in tortilla bread smeared with garlic hummus. I even found a 1 point tortilla that my husband had brought home (it had 10 grams of fiber in it). So glad I ate my dinner before my husband brought home an large, extra cheese pizza and chicken fingers for my son. I was already full and enjoyed peanut butter on caramel rice cakes for dessert.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #82  

Good Tuesday Evening Everyone!

OP for the day and I did 100 minutes of wfp. I feel interference heading my way, hopefully I won't let it get me down. Scale was down .4 this morning, and down is good!

My show is tomorrow, it'll be 'ok' I knew heading into this that there just wasn't a lot of talent to chose from this year. At least my lead is pretty good. Anyway, I better get some sleep so I can get to work a little early tomorrow. That never happens, but we'll see. :-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 251/230/150

Height: 5'5

Op today!!

Today I had a staff meeting and of course there were fresh, warm, and delicious bagels and pastries from my favorite bakery. I somewhat died inside. But I opted for the fruit and yogurt, and sprinkled a little granola on there. I was proud. Every Step Counts, right?? I think that is going to be my motto. I feel like i'm starting at the bottom of a flight of stairs, and with every healthy decision I make, i'm climbing to the top. No matter how small it may be.

The scale said I am down another 2 pounds....I thought, "Two pounds in one day?! NO WAY. I don't know if I should be excited about it, or if it's just something like water weight.

Kaitie: I'm a singer, so I totally know what you mean. It's hard to do a show that you are not excited about. Especially if you don't have that much talent. BUT, there will be someone out there who will LOVE it. Good luck, lady!! Break a leg!

Hoopty: YAY!! Congrats on the measurements! Can't wait to hear about the results! Also way excited for you to try the salad.

Well, I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow....so I better go to bed.
Have a good day tomorrow!!
mellowmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like everybody is on track which is great and really motivating. I was OP today and did not have much trouble easing back into my routine. I had a nice run/walk on the trail this morning. I actually came in under my carb and calorie counts today and was not hungry at all.

I am really loving this low carb/high fat diet. I am rarely hungry and I can eat cheese like its going out of style. Also, I just don't crave sugar anymore. I was doing my marketing today and all these muffins and things that I would have at least paused in front of and considered before, I completely pass by in the store. Also, my energy and mood is much better which just makes me more fun to be around. And to me that is equally important as the weight loss.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #85  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Today is a new day!

After working my 12 hour night shift and sleeping only 3 hours I was in a funk yesterday! Did not stay OP! I didn't eat things I wasn't supposed to I just didn't have the time or motivation to eat all the food I was supposed to! Not finishing the meals are what starting my messed up metabolism in the first place! I am very irritated with myself for letting this happen!

BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! I will stay on plan today! And get enough rest for the 2 night shifts coming up!

So excited for the weigh in tomorrow! I just want to see 20lbs lost! I didn't get to 2 weigh ins this week and I really need them both!

Happy to see others are having such successes this week!!! Keep on keeping on everybody!!!

for every 5 pounds!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends!

Lotus - we are definitely making the same discovery that lower carbs and higher fat or protein help with mood and sweet cravings. There have been donuts at work the last few days and I just don't care or feel tempted to grab one. I wish I would have figured this out fifteen years (and many pounds) ago! Well, I guess I can just be glad that I figured it out at age 32, and not later.

Junebug - yes, today is a new day. Take a deep breath, and then take the next right step. We are here with you!

Melon - way to go on going for fruit, yogurt and granola over the sweet, simple carb stuff. That is an awesome concrete step. Good luck with your 12 hour shift!

Kaitie - congrats on your continued loss, and break a leg with the show.

Healthy - your chicken fajitas sound awesome. Mmmm.

Hoopty - congrats on the loss in your measurements. I haven't taken measurements, but I should really get myself a cheapy tape measure and take some so I have another way to track progress. Especially since they say that waist measurement is such an important health indicator.

Scale this morning said 207.8. I imagine I will continue to fluctuate around 207 for the rest of the week. Since I'm losing weight more quickly now than I have in the past I'm trying not to get greedy and expect a 2 pound weight loss every week, but just focus on staying on plan and taking it as it comes. No official workout yesterday but did a lot of cleaning and work around the house so was active for much of the day.

I made spinach artichoke dip yesterday that was great - lots of good veggies but also a fair amount of fat (sour cream and mayonnaise). I'm thinking I should probably keep an eye on fat a bit more - not count grams or anything, but just try to not go overboard with it as that will probably slow down the weight loss. I got off today with a good start (Greek yogurt, berries, almonds, flax seed and chia seed for breakfast) and am on track for an on plan day!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #87  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I had a total of 2000 cal in junk yesterday which I am not upset about. In fact, I really enjoyed it all, lol! I didn't go to the gym so I didn't have my weigh-in yet.
Today my husband took me out on a surprise lunch so that was kind of high in calories as well (Veggieburger + Wedges + 1 HUGE M&M cookie). I'm heading to the gym in about 2.5 hours and I plan on doing lots of running, weight training and some extra cardio at the end of my workout. I feel so full right now! All in all I can say that I don't feel horrible about what I've eaten today and yesterday. I feel like it won't affect me in a bad way since I don't have that typical binge feeling. I'm actually really excited to workout and eat my normal healthy meals
Today was a great day so far. Like I said, I went on a surprise lunch and got a couple of things done. It's really nice outside here in Upstate New York and I can't wait to go to a few drugstores to buy a couple of things.

SuperCecilia - You should definitely get a cheap measurement tape. I feel like it's more accurate than weighing yourself, though it's much more fun to see them pounds drop By the way - your breakfast for today sounds AMAZING! I absolutely love Greek yogurt. I eat it with some fruit almost every night.

junebug37 - You said it - today is a new day! I hope you were able to make better choices and that you feel better (get some rest, girl!)

About to leave, will check back later!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #88  
Onlyonecent

Got up at 5am today and did 30 min Tae Bo and 30 min stationary bike. It's worth it to get up early and exercise because it makes me feel better and helps me get through the day.

Hubby came home and was going to order a stromboli. He can eat pizza every night. I was hungry too and he was cooking my son's breaded chicken dinner on the stove. He used the rest of my chicken that I had prepared yesterday. The comcast guy showed up too to fix the internet.

I browsed the pizza menu for awhile (I still had 11 points left) and I was going to order a cheese steak because I didn't feel like cooking and I was very hungry.

I decided I didn't want to spend all of my points on a greasy cheese steak so I made a fat free hot dog on a fat free bun with 1/2 cut of baked beans and corn on the cob. I had points left over for two rice cakes with peanut butter and a few teddy grahams.

So glad I made a better choice. In the past, I would have just ordered the steak. Now I STOP and THINK about what I really want and how I want to spend my points.

Time to walk the dog.

Have a great night everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #89  
Onlyonecent

Lotus7,

What part of Philly are you from. I grew up in Oxford Circle and lived in Rhawnhurst too.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 PM   #90  
Onlyonecent

At the market today, saw a woman in front of me obviously on WW. She had lots of yogurt, fruits and veggies in her cart. She even had some WW candy. I bought WW 2 point cakes. They were $3.49 each on sale for 2/$5 and there was a $1 off one coupon attached to the items. Giant also gave you a 6 pack of Arcadia spring water FREE for every two boxes of WW cakes you buy. So basically for 2 cakes and a six pack of water it was $3!!

Not sure if all Giant markets have this deal but it is worth looking into.