Old 04-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #151  

Good Evening Everyone!

OP for the day--calories a little high because I had to eat birthday cake, what sucks is that it wasn't even that good. Anyway, OP and I did 90 minutes of wfp. I hope the scale moves down tomorrow but if not I'm ok with it. I started the month at 187.6 and I'm at 179.8 that's almost 8 pounds--usually my body only cooperates enough to lose 6 or 7 pounds so wahoo! I can't believe it's already May!

Have a happy and OP Monday everyone!
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the advice guys. I think you're right. I'll have a bit of the ramen and load up on whatever else around that is OP (and have a snack before I go).

Junebug - Hope the little one is ok. I understand your situation with DH. My other half loses weight by just thinking about it. He tries to be supporting but he does not understand what I struggle with, so that can be a bit frustrating at times.

Yesterday was good for me. Took two long walks and eating was OP. So far so good...hoping I can just keep up the same momentum throughout the summer (adjusting as necessary). Ready for May!
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hoopty - congrats on your run. 5 miles is significant. I'm working my way up to completing that kind of distance.

Junebug - My DBF is super slender and muscular and can eat whatever, so I can related to your struggle!

Bonnie - keep hanging on!

Lotus - keep up the good work.

Look, everybody! I got a ticker! Doing okay with eating so far today -I was at a meeting that ran long and I was offered peanut butter crackers. More carbs than I would usually eat for a snack, but not a huge amount (18 g) and it had some protein and it felt like a better choice than letting myself stay hungry. As soon as I finish my laundry I'm going to go work out - rainy today so I have a kickboxing exercise DVD I got from Netflix I am going to try! Excited to be so close to onederland!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #154  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Feeling super down today. I had hot flashes last night and again right now and I have no idea why. I usually never get those. For some reason, my appetite is somewhere down in the basement. I don't feel hungry at all and I'm not in the mood to eat anything. Well, I'll take that over binging any day. I plan on either going to the gym for some cardio or just going for a long walk.

SuperCecilia - Thank you! My legs are sore from running that much but it feels great. Oh - I just got a ticker too since I'm meeting the signature requirements now. I'm excited, lol! It's a great way to see how far we've gotten. Kickboxing sounds cool, have fun!
Hoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #155  

SuperCecilia: I like kickboxing too!

OP for the day, calories are a little high--had to have a bridal shower cupcake. Man, all this pressurized social eating!!!

120 minutes of wfp--18 miles! I'm tired.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 PM   #156  
Breathing.

Hey girls,

What a horrible day. I wasn't hungry at all but managed to eat a small bowl of whole-grain penne with eggwhites, baby spinach, black beans and a banana for lunch and a greek yogurt for dinner. For breakfast I had my usual oatmeal + banana (no matter how sh*tty I feel, I will never ever skip out on eating breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day! )
I didn't go for a long walk nor did I exercise. My only "cardio" for the day was walking to the grocery store and back which means - I was out of bed for about 35min and the sun had already set.
The only good thing for today was that I passed up on a pack of cupcakes. I saw them sitting there at the store but I picked up a pineapple greek yogurt instead.

I'm gonna lay down now, watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy and hope for a better day tomorrow.

By the way - this may be a silly question, but what is gonna happen with this thread once April is over? Lol.

Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by Hoopty; 04-29-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #157  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Hoopty- here's hoping you have a better day tomorrow!! I was never hungry when I was "supposed" to be before so I understand!!

My little one has nothing broken thank goodness!! Just rest and observation for now.

I was OP for this Monday! Did an official weigh in really quick and they gave me some samples of this jello supplement and I can't wait to try it tomorrow!! Yum! My weight is back down a pound from when I gained 2 on Thursday so that's good news!! Now I have some special "treats" I can use when I'm having cravings! I did the full 50 squats today as well! My thighs are so sore. In a good way!

All in all pretty good Monday!! I wish you all success and happiness on this Tuesday! Last day of April!!!

= 5 pounds!!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 139/134/117lb

Height: 5'3"

hoopty - keep your chin up. We all have those days when it seems as if nothing is going your way...and then the next day the sun comes out

Junebug - good job on getting back on track. I have a pattern of getting to a lower weight, mess up and then spend a few days getting back. I just don't always appreciate it the first time.

Good day yesterday. Eating was OP and I got about an hour of skating in. I noticed I'm consistently low on the water so I really have to do better about that. I have not lost as much weight as I thought I would have by now, so I'm going to start weighing in a bit more consistently and playing with my carbs and/or calorie intake if I need to.
Lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 218/190.4/155

Height: 5'7"

Hoopty - hang in there. This too shall pass.

Junebug -glad your little one is okay.

Lotus - you don't have that much left to lose (compared to many of us) so I would imagine it would go slower. Good luck with your tweaking.

So some inner thigh soreness today from that kickboxing video - I guess I was using muscles I don't usually use! I am wearing a pair of size 14 courderoy pants which I couldn't button two months ago. On plan so far today and I have some lentils boiling on the stove to make a cold lentil salad - lots of good fiber, protein, veg, and healthy fat, and low carb. Congrats on a successful April to everyone! I wonder how much we are down as a group this month? Since April 1, I am down 9.4 pounds - I think that is the most I have ever lost in one month in my life of many weight loss efforts!
SuperCecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #160  
One pound at a time....

S/C/G: 189/155/139

Height: 5'1

Default Last Hurray for April!

I am excited to start in on May!! Lets rock it!!

SuperCecilia- Thanks. am really am too! It is bad when your kids get hurt!

I was so OP today!! I felt great after only working 6 hours last night. I'm also working 6 tonight but the way I'm feeling I may be able to work in my last C25K day of week one (finally) after I get off! Heres hoping this feeling lasts!

I set a goal for myself to lose 25 pounds by May 1st. My scale just said 166 so I am 2 pounds away from meeting that goal! I am actually very proud of myself for the month of April and with the challenges lately I think I did pretty well!

So starting tomorrow I am making a new goal. I am still working it out in my head what it will be and thinking maybe not such a long term (month long) one and something to achieve weekly!

Thanks for all the support ladies throughout this month!! It has helped my a lot!! I really appreciate the words of encouragement and reading your posts too!!

= 5 pounds lost

(+3 more)
I think I can get a ticker after Monday!!!
junebug37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 297/234/126

OP today. work is really tough. will try to be OP tomorrow. still hanging on.

i like reading all your posts. make me feelbetter,like we are all trying together
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #162  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good evening everyone,

I guess you all thought I forgot about you and the challenge. I apologize for not being committed this month. A lot has been going on in my life. My job ended today and for the past month I've been focusing on preparing for and interviewing for a new position with the same company. I am happy to say that today I received an offer for a job that I really wanted. I am so excited that I will be able to stay with this company as I've been there almost 17 years.

My eating hasn't been too bad but I've not been working out nor tracking my food. I did go to a WW meeting last week and was up 3 pounds which isn't too bad. Tomorrow I will get back to being 100% OP. I will not start my new job for 2 weeks so I will have time off to focus on getting back OP. I will be going to visit family in Florida for a few days but I should be able to stay OP.

I promise that I will be checking in more in May.

Have a great evening ladies.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #163  

Good Evening Everyone!

Today was most definitely OP. I'm actually way under calories and will probably be ravenous by the morning--but that scale better be nice to me tomorrow or I'm likely to chuck it out the window!

I was only able to walk the dog today, my hubby is taking the educational leadership praxis exam on Thursday and I was helping him get ready for it. I seriously hope that he passes it the first time around--it's a $475.00 test. Eek!

Happy May!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #164  
Breathing.

Good evening everybody!

First off I wanna say thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it! You guys put a little smile on my face!

I was 100% OP today, ran 4 miles on the treadmill and did one leg + arm workout. As soon as I woke up I felt that it would be a much better day - and it was! The weather was beautiful and I felt very happy and determined. I wrote down my measurements this morning and lost a few centimeters under my boobs and waist. The rest stayed the same, lol! Also, I had my weigh-in: 140.6 lbs! I went up 0.8 lbs since last week. However, it doesn't bother me because I think it's water retention from PMS. I've been drinking tons of water and barely have to pee. Hopefully, I'll see a big drop next week, that would be awesome!

I absolutely agree with junebug37 and BonnieL - I love reading all of your posts and look forward to checking this thread every morning and every night. It helps me to stay committed and focused. Thanks so much for the support, girls!

I wish us all a successful May. Let's do it!

Last edited by Hoopty; 05-01-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #165  
Onlyonecent

S/C/G: 192/148/140

Height: 5'2"

Haven't been on it awhile. Hit a few weight plateaus but have finally gotten off two of them. Lost 30 lbs so far since January 1st and I look and feel so much better. I could barely walk the streets of my development without being tired and out of breath. Now I can run to the top of my street (steep uphill) and walk around the corner then run down the next block and around the curve to the next block. I shaved 5 minutes off of my time. I exercise regularly an hour a day and I have recently added Abs of Steel to the workout regimen. I found a Step (brand new) at my neighborhood yard sale a few weeks ago and bought it for $7.00! So now I alternate stepping and tae bo every day. I also run/walk daily and ride my stationary bike 30 minutes daily. I was a non-athlete my whole life. I feel 10 years younger and people tell me I look that way. Clothes shopping is not torture anymore and I find myself heading to the plus size department and I'm not there anymore. I purged my closet of all the clothes that no longer fit and replaced them with stylish, fitted clothes that accent my new shape. I feel like I am molding my body like a piece of clay. 20lb to go to my original WW goal in 2005 and 30lb to my new goal weight. Doing this all on my own-no meetings, no WW online. I'm just eating right and exercising.
Healthyliving459587 is offline   Reply With Quote