Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #61  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm back. I have totally lost my toughness mojo. Tent camping won this weekend. Anxiety won this weekend. I came home a day earlier than the rest of the fam. Here's why.

Arrive Friday night at at 9:30pm?

1.) Mosquitoes in full attack mode. Seriously, 2 minutes out of the car - 7 bites. I had to COVER myself in bug spray the whole time.

2.) My 13 YO step daughter started TOM in car on the way day to the lake. She has Downs and does't talk much, or complain ever. I found out the hard way on my cloth seats.

3.) Bathrooms at the camping area were out of commission and under construction. Camp ground area had 1 portapotty that had not been serviced for 5 days.

4.) Lake water was green. Bottom of it was fuzzy. Not real inviting for a bit of a clean freak.

5.) 300 feet from main highway. Traffic ALL NIGHT LONG. So much for sleep, plus....

6.) 98 degrees in the day. 70+ at night. 105 to 80 in the tent.

7.) No showers. No Fans. No A/C. Everything smelled like butt to me.

Needless to say. We weren't supposed to come home until Monday. I couldn't take it any more. My step daughter and I made the 3 hour drive and got home at 11:30 this morning. I feel horrible, but found myself in tears with frustration Friday night, Saturday morning and again Saturday night. I had to tell my hubby I was done with the trip. Felt horrible and relieved all at the same time. He's still there with the boys and my FIL.

Ever bail out on "vacation" because it was cramping your style????

Me neither, until now. I didn't want to go in the first place. I should have held my line, and made DH take the boys only.

Ready for a glass of wine and a quiet house. Sorry for the long post, but hope your Memorial Weekend is a good one!

Last edited by Nixmom; 05-26-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Aw Kris, sorry it sucked, but glad you are home and can relax for a bit! Thanks for the kick in the a$$

Mine was a bit rough too. Took my motorcycle licensing course this WE. Friday night, all day Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was 37 and pouring. All day. Whiteface, which is about an hour north, got over 30 inches of snow. Cold, wet and absolutely miserable. Yesterday was still really cold, but no so rainy. Either way, I am finished and I now have my motorcycle license! Yay!! Now, I have to work Tuesday & Wednesday, but then I am off til June 10th!

I stepped on the scale this morning. Ugh. Back to where I was when I started at 3FC. 163 But, I am back and ready to kick this extra weight. I will be 47 on June 8th. I am going to be under 160. That's only 4 pounds and while it's less than 2 weeks, the first few are water anyway. The hard part is we will be on vacation and I tend to like to eat, drink and be merry! No matter, no excuses. 159 here I come.

W 128 16 oz, 8x
E dread mill for w3 workout. Doing 10k plan now. 10k race in September & October. Signing up for both this week
E POP, going back to what works for me. Low carb, reasonable fat and a ton of veggies.
D I'm in this for my life. Stress is making me fat. I want to live to be an old lady. I have to get this weight off and learn to let things roll off my back. I have to stop working 80 hours a week. I have to make time for me.
E
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #63  

Morning all! Back to work, but only for 2 days!

I did well yesterday, especially for a weekend. Not always my strong suit. I did not run because my legs felt heavy, but I did get in a 2 mile brisk walk and a motorcycle ride! Also stuck with my food plan! Just a few days of low carb and I will be in ketosis and burning fat and also not craving the sweets! (Please hurry!)

W 100
E going to try for that forementioned run from yesterday, also elliptical this morning before work
E POP
D Handle each thing you pick up today, all the way through. Get as caught up as possible!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #64  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well Kris...the camping sounds awful. It is way too hot there for me. I couldn't stand it. Bugs...we got em. No fun!!

MM- Rain...yesterday and today all day. Feel like I could float away.

We did get one coat of stain repair stuff on our deck. Then the rain started, Bought flowers to plant and only got a few in the ground before getting drenched. Such is life.

Tomorrow I am going to Michigan Adventure (theme park) with the 5th grade. Hope it is nice. SSSTTIILLL 173.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:37 AM   #65  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening girls,

Mindy - sucked is putting it politely I may have dropped 1/2 dozen F bombs in my recounting of events with friends today. I look forward to a positive report from your 5th grade trip. Only F bomb you will be allowed to use in a sentence is FUN.

Mavie - a motor cycle ride!!!!! Yes! I wanna be in ketosis... but based on the number of tortillas I ate today, there's no way. I really like your last two D's, btw. Gonna borrow your most recent one for tomorrow. Catch up after vacation has been ****.

Okay chicks. Its almost 11pm. I just got home from a Council meeting, and my next meeting is in less than 9 hours. Pray for me.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #66  

Kris, always praying for you, have a fabulous day!

Mindy, enjoy the field trip!

W 100
E Got the elliptical, but still did not get the run!*****yes I did! Finished the run, good for me!
E POP, doing awesome the last 2 days, keep it up
D Last day of work til June 10th, get it finished!

Last edited by mothermavis; 05-29-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 AM   #67  
mtiger

Wink

Trip was fun. It was COLD most of the day. Warmed up for our last hour there. Long day. Tonight I think I am going to hit the gym since it is supposed to rain here....again. Haven't been there in weeks.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #68  

Mindy, glad it was fun. Always nice if it's warmer, but kids don't seem to care...at least mine didn't. I was always the one whining if the weather did not cooperate. Good luck at the gym tonight.

Kris, hey there! Hope you are getting dug out from vacation! Thanks for checking my blog and the kick in the butt!

W 100
E Wii? Walk? gotta gotta gotta do some weights
E POP, vacation is not a reason to overeat
D Gotta do to the house what I did to the desk yesterday, everything clean before I leave on vacation.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #69  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evenin' ladies!

I am pooped! Ate like crap! Feel like.... well you get the theme happening today. I am looking forward to crawling my bloated booty into bed tonight.

Mavie - I gotta get back to bloggin. Promised ya I would. I think later tonight or tomorrow. I moved my stuff to wordpress. SIDEBAR - my hubby just threatened to divorce me if I didn't help him to get to the next level of CandyCrush on FB. This is my life.

Mind - So glad the trip went well. You are a brave 5th grade herding woman! I had my son at 17. I love him, but I knew then I only wanted 1 child. Then 6 months before that child was 18, I got together with my current husband - and his football team of children. I love them too, but am still a huge fan of the "1 and done" theory. P.S. Good for you for hitting the gym!

I have a tour of water recharge facilities tomorrow (welcome to working on my day off) and then a facial. After that I am going to bring my relaxed butt home and set my goals. I may even set one for Mavies birthday! (its 6/8 Mindy).

Thats all for now. Have a great night and Friday AM girls !
Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Hi guys, can you let me know when the next WEED will be starting. I only joined this month and don't really want to start in the middle.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #71  
The Sky is the Limit!

Hey soontobe! Don't run away! We aren't hard and fast deadline girls here. WEED is really just our daily reminder of goals to healthy! Mavie changes up our title to freshen up our season, but we are always WEEDING out the bad habits and just coming here to laugh, encourage and celebrate with each other. Stick around now!!! We would love to learn about you and support you on your journey! Welcome!

On another note ---- We just got home from my step sons recital. We missed him playing because we went to the wrong place and then missed his solo because the performance started before the time they said it would. And to keep with the theme mentioned in my previous post, we came home to a gianormous pile of dog S**t on the living room floor. I told you it was a theme today!

Niters all!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #72  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- Sometimes it is just that way. Whatcha gonna do??

Didn't make it to the gym but did do a 4 mile walk/ shuffle jog. It was hot as Haties and I am impressed I did as well as I did. Gonna do it again tonight. I go meet my husband at work and he gives me a lift home. It is cooler today so my time should be better......unless I need to make one of those "pit stops" again.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #73  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning girls. TOM had got me all jacked up this weekend. I weigh in on Sunday. My theory that it will keep me on track during the weekend. Yah, EPIC FAIL this week.

I have been really exhausted, or bored, or unfocused. I feel like I need a day of silence. Literally. After 4 straight weekends of kids and going, going, going I am at that stupid "don't ask me anything or I'll cry" point. Its probably hormones, but I feel like I need a break from life. I know you both get what I mean. Gonna try to squeeze out a couple of hours to work out some goals this afternoon.

Mindy... good for you on the walk! Did the second one happen? Was it still hot as heck? Lord knows it is here.

Mavie - will be a blogging fool later. Need to download. Hope you are having a free wheeling weekend!
Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #74  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- Yes I did 2 nights in a row, then the weekend hit. You know how that goes. We had a wedding Sat. and an open house today. Been working on some flower beds this morning. Very cool here today..in the 60's. Great working weather.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Okay going to do my WEED for tomorrow tonight as I may be busy in the am
W: Going to aim for 10 glasses of water.
E: 40 minute walk in the morning, 40 minute walk in the evening, Taking a break from weight lifting tomorrow except the 1 set I will get at work.
E: Going to keep up with my fitness pal. I am going to plan during the week and relax a little on weekends just make sure my exercise is good during the weekend.
D: I am going to try to start meditating. I have a lot of inner peace that I need to connect to, unfortunately I am also a tad bit of ADD
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote