Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 255/228/155

Height: 5'8"

Eh I don't know whats happened the last couple of weeks but I am due a big loss sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon...

SW 229
CW 229.5
GW 195

3/04/13: 229
3/11/13: 232
3/18/13: 229.5
3/25/13:
4/01/13:
4/08/13:
4/15/13:
4/22/13:
4/29/13:
5/06/13:
5/13/13:
5/20/13:
5/27/13:
6/03/13:
6/10/13:
6/17/13:
6/24/13:
sinbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #62  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin View Post
Eh I don't know whats happened the last couple of weeks but I am due a big loss sooooooooooooooooooooooooooon...
I have had a rough past couple of weeks, too, as far as the scale is concerned. Keep the faith. If you are putting forth the effort, you will be rewarded. It just might be delayed a bit. I know that this is a weight loss thread, but have you tried taking your measurements? When in doubt, that has helped me a ton.
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

Sinbin, I was like that for 3 weeks. 2 of my sisters said they both had plateaus that lasted 3 weeks so I tried to be patient and wait it out. Yeah, the patient thing really isn't me. I kicked the scales, I screamed, I cried, I prayed BUT I stayed on plan. Sure enough it finally turned around! I went up and down and up and down and up and down between about 257.2 and 255 but I have lost 2.2 pounds since Sunday (253.4) and my TOM started yesterday! I wish I could have seen the numbers without Fred (that's what I call my TOM.....from junior high, when my best friend and I named him after Freddy Krueger) hanging around!!!
Don't give up! I know it seems impossible and you are probably frowning at your computer screen right now, and maybe rolling your eyes, but it will happen!!
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbean View Post
Fred (that's what I call my TOM.....from junior high, when my best friend and I named him after Freddy Krueger)
That's so cute! Even better than my friend's term for TOM: Shark Week!
Old 03-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #65  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

I TOTALLY went off plan since weighing in a week and a half ago. So thankful I gained less than 2 pounds! I don't know why I've been so stressed and not caring about what I eat. Today though I vowed to get back on track! No more focusing on the negatives (Job is super stressful and I'm trying to get out of it, can't have kids because my husband's cancer treatment ruined the swimmer producer, sister is pregnant again....why can't I just have ONE kid, house won't sell so husband has to commute 2+ hours/day, etc.) and am going to focus on the positives (a loving and supportive husband, our current house payment is comfortable and we have a lot of savings built up but all that would go away if we bought this other house, I know other people who were told they could never have kids and 5-15years later magically got pregnant, adoption is an option, I have 3...soon to be 4 adorable nieces/nephews, I have a good paying job that is pretty stable, I might be able to switch to my dream job around November, etc.)

SW 240
CW 239.2
GW ?

3/04/13: 239.7 (-0.3)
3/11/13: 238 (-1.7)
3/18/13: 239.2 (+1.2)
3/25/13:
4/01/13:
4/08/13:
4/15/13:
4/22/13:
4/29/13:
5/06/13:
5/13/13:
5/20/13:
5/27/13:
6/03/13:
6/10/13:
6/17/13:
6/24/13:
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 277.8/250.8/175

Height: 5' 6.5"

mccull83, praying that things turn around for you! I know for stress/emotional eaters, like myself, that is so hard!
jillbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Default Joining late!

I just put myself on the spread sheet even before checking in here. Hope its ok if I join up this late in the game. I love long term goals. And its perfect because I am already doing monday weigh ins. So I was abel to fill in back a few weeks. I did however miss my weigh in this last monday. Weekend wasn't good and I used that as an excuse to avoid the scale like the plague. But with this challenge I'm going to need to be weighing regardless! This will be good accountability. So it's more like 3 months left at this point?

I'm setting a weight goal, but honestly I will be happy with any real weight loss. Also I think I'll set a realistic goal and then a stretch goal.

Goal 20 lbs ~ 170.8
Stretch Goal ~ 160.8

Losing 30 pounds in three months seems pretty difficult. Especially since it would land me probably near if not too my final goal for weightloss (Final goal is to be determined since I need to see how my body changes as I go down before I'll know how much I really need to lose). But 20 lbs in three months is like 7 lbs a month. Still going to be alot of work. But I think it's pretty feasible.

I'm excited to finish reading you ladies posts so far and see how everyone one is doing.

One more thing is that this ends at a perfect time for me. It's right before i go on vacation and I don't want to have to buy a new larger bathing suit before I go. (I doubt I could fit in the ones I have. Since I basically havent worn a suit in two years and I was about 175 when I last did wear a suit)
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #68  
Meow

Welcome wannaBfitnessbuff!!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccull83 View Post
...am going to focus on the positives
You are a strong woman for trying to lose weight while juggling all of those stresses. So what if you had a bad week, or two? You recognized it! And, it's not like you gained ten pounds! Hang in there.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 255/228/155

Thank you for the support RVAScreenwriter and jillbean! I did happen to weigh in today at 226 which is a whopping 3.5lb in 2 days and no doubt I will jump up a pound tomorrow and then stay the same for about a week or two. I guess I may learn patience by the time I am at goal but I highly doubt it.
sinbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #71  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

I just read some of your post but have not gotten a chance yet to read them all. I will try and read them all today. I have fallen behind a week after I posted this but thank god I finally got back on track. I am hoping and praying I can get back down to the weight I was in like 08-09 which was about 230-250lbs I looked and felt so much better back then.... Here I come 230's

We can do this and let hope I can remember to weigh in weekly. Me and my fiance being out of work and no luck finding jobs so far is hard on us and very stressful.... I have gained some weight just from stress eating. I really hope to be back on track for awhile.... It is going to be hard but so is being fat so I choose the loosing weight hard

Keep posting girls. Even if you miss a week or two come back anyways cause we all slack but it the coming back that is important. Never give up... I am soooo ready to be out the 280's and 290's I hate the yoyoin I been doing ready to get healthy.....

You can join at anytime. There is no time limit except when the last day of challange and since this one seems to be going good I might start a fall/winter one after this one....

Loosing weight and making a large amount weight lost goal is fine, I have done it, but it going to be how I feel when loosing the pounds and what clothes I can fit back into and get to throw away the BIG clothes will be my MAIN goal

Keep it up girls!! We got this..... Everyone takes time off, has things going on in their life, and may not loose big numbers for awhile but trying is the main thing it shows you want to change your body and that is a good thing.... I want to change my body to a smaller size so I can do more things with my nieces, it more about what I can do then what I will look like :P

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 03-22-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Hmmm just thinking about how great it will be to get to my goal by the end of this this challenge. Last time I weight 170 was two summers ago and I have a few pairs of shorts and cute tops I bought that summer and had to stash away last summer. It would be like getting new cloths again!

I know that slow and steady wins the race. And I'm happy to know I am taking it day by day to work towards losing this weight. But I seriously dont want to spend this next summer in the 180's like I did last summer. I bought one pair of shorts and a few bigger (and looser styled) tank tops last summer. I really don't want to spend all summer wearing a few things again. I'm not ready to give up the baggy winter cloths, I am afraid I wont fit into anything warmer weather appropriate! Anyways we had a few nice days last week. I know that buying a few new items to tide me over wouldn't be the end of the world. But shopping lately is far from fun and very depressing. I hate buying cloths right now!
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #73  
Country Girl Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by the shiv View Post
I want in too! I do not want to be walking around overweight in the baking city heat this summer, not again!! I'll start with my weight from the 4th

Not bothered about the competition, I'm only competing with myself, but that is enough I'll be ramping up the exercise soon, so if I don't make it, I don't mind, I just want some accountability to keep me pointed in the right direction
That the way to look at it, I started the challenge just so I and others on this site could have a place to stay motivated and challenge themselves.... You go girl!

I hate the way I feel now and I am also ready to loose some weight so I dont feel so bad when it gets hot(hopefully soon cause I am so over this cold crazy weather we are having here in GA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbin View Post
Mind if I join a little late:
Not at all, I say better late than never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAscreenwriter View Post
Hey, y'all! I was checking out the spreadsheet as I entered my number for today, and am SO impressed with the general downward trend! If you didn't lose this past week, no worries. Everyone's body is different, and there are all sorts of reasons that you might not drop a pound, or might even gain one. The point is to stick with it. Yay, us!
I love it cause you can stay accountable but it not where you are making yourself crazy cause you didn't loose so much or you didn't loose as much as someone else. It all about your personal best and how you feel and not so much how you look :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedbluejeans View Post
I may have lost .5 but entering 0 to err on the side of caution. It's hard for me to see the tiny lines on my scale, so although I know I'm still under the big 250 line I'm not sure how much. I really need to get a digital scale with BIG display numbers, LOL. I know I ate right and exercised so I'm still happy with the week.
I never liked the line scales I could never tell how much I actually weighed, I was so glad when I got my digital scale

As long as you are happy with your progress that is all that matter so you go girl!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikat003 View Post
@fadedbluejeans - I bought a digital scale on sale for the exact same reason. It is worth it to buy it, imo!

and congrats too

lol @jillbean
I deff think it was super worth it for me to buy a digital scale I can track my weight so much better with one

Quote:
Fadedbluejeans
I just bought this one a month ago and love it. You can program your info into it without a computer (when I was looking there were a couple highly recommended but they required updating with computers and I didn't want to do anything like that) and it tells you body fat%, bone mass, water info, etc.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=40573649
I really want one that does all of that and I didnt know that they had ones you had to program with a computer, it like an iphone, which is crazy I stick with scales that dont have to be programed by a computer just like I stick with my android lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandibooxoxo View Post
I would love to get in on this challenge although im 2 weeks late starting...
It never to late to keeping your self motivated and accountable... Welcome and hope you get to your goal weight and feel good while getting there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermavis View Post
I'm in too! Better later than never.
Like to hit the 130's by the end of this, so at least 21 pounds, but more would be better as far as I am concerned.

I plan to get there with low carbs and reintroducing myself to my treadmill, elliptical and WII, because I am lucky enough to have them here. I need to use them.
I just worry about how many calories I am taking in and burning think I should start also caring about my sodium intake.

I love the Wii, especially the Wii fit and zumba it is awesome. I need to start back using my treadmill. I got so busy doing things and looking for job and then storm came and knocked power out so could then now I think I need to start back before I can make more excuses because really I dont have any and I just learning that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday115 View Post
I couldn't stay away from the scale hard as I tried. But I'm still down 3 lbs from last week! I was kind of surprised because I'm definitely bloated.
3lb lost that is awesome!! yea I try stay away sometimes and just gets the better of me I have to know and then I am surprised by what I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbean View Post
Sinbin, I was like that for 3 weeks. 2 of my sisters said they both had plateaus that lasted 3 weeks so I tried to be patient and wait it out. Yeah, the patient thing really isn't me. I kicked the scales, I screamed, I cried, I prayed BUT I stayed on plan. Sure enough it finally turned around! I went up and down and up and down and up and down between about 257.2 and 255 but I have lost 2.2 pounds since Sunday (253.4) and my TOM started yesterday! I wish I could have seen the numbers without Fred (that's what I call my TOM.....from junior high, when my best friend and I named him after Freddy Krueger) hanging around!!!
Don't give up! I know it seems impossible and you are probably frowning at your computer screen right now, and maybe rolling your eyes, but it will happen!!
Fred lol that a new way of putting it that I never heard lol... I told my fiance last month that TOM was here and he said tom needs to go on somewhere else LOL...

Quote:
I TOTALLY went off plan since weighing in a week and a half ago. So thankful I gained less than 2 pounds! I don't know why I've been so stressed and not caring about what I eat. Today though I vowed to get back on track! No more focusing on the negatives (Job is super stressful and I'm trying to get out of it, can't have kids because my husband's cancer treatment ruined the swimmer producer, sister is pregnant again....why can't I just have ONE kid, house won't sell so husband has to commute 2+ hours/day, etc.) and am going to focus on the positives (a loving and supportive husband, our current house payment is comfortable and we have a lot of savings built up but all that would go away if we bought this other house, I know other people who were told they could never have kids and 5-15years later magically got pregnant, adoption is an option, I have 3...soon to be 4 adorable nieces/nephews, I have a good paying job that is pretty stable, I might be able to switch to my dream job around November, etc.)
I went of plan and gained but glad I got back on track.. It not getting off that counts imo it if you get back on track that is awesome.... I have been trying to see the positive in everything lately as well. I get so mad at girls who get pregnant and don't want kids and mistreat them but people like me who want and have tried and tried to have a baby, but with no luck the HPT always says negative that is always heart breaking. I looked at it like I have two beautiful nieces that I get to love and spoil and for now that is how god wants it to be. I know when and if he wants me to have my own I will have them. I wish I could adopt but neither me nor my fiance have jobs and have been looking and looking with no luck It has been stressful but I keep telling myself that god will place in the jobs where are meant to be at when we are meant to have them.

It will all work out for you how it suppose to in the end, just keep the faith and keep getting healthier so when you are blessed with a baby you will be healthy and happy.

Keep going girl!! You can do this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBfitnessbuff View Post
I just put myself on the spread sheet even before checking in here. Hope its ok if I join up this late in the game. I love long term goals. And its perfect because I am already doing Monday weigh ins. So I was able to fill in back a few weeks. I did however miss my weigh in this last Monday. Weekend wasn't good and I used that as an excuse to avoid the scale like the plague. But with this challenge I'm going to need to be weighing regardless! This will be good accountability. So it's more like 3 months left at this point?

I'm setting a weight goal, but honestly I will be happy with any real weight loss. Also I think I'll set a realistic goal and then a stretch goal.

Goal 20 lbs ~ 170.8
Stretch Goal ~ 160.8

Losing 30 pounds in three months seems pretty difficult. Especially since it would land me probably near if not too my final goal for weightloss (Final goal is to be determined since I need to see how my body changes as I go down before I'll know how much I really need to lose). But 20 lbs in three months is like 7 lbs a month. Still going to be alot of work. But I think it's pretty feasible.

I'm excited to finish reading you ladies posts so far and see how everyone one is doing.

One more thing is that this ends at a perfect time for me. It's right before i go on vacation and I don't want to have to buy a new larger bathing suit before I go. (I doubt I could fit in the ones I have. Since I basically havent worn a suit in two years and I was about 175 when I last did wear a suit)

It is more than alright to join late. You can set your goal as high or as low as you want. It all up to you. I like to set big goals for myself and if I reach that number that be great but if not I will be happy with whatever I do loose.

I believe accountability is what weight loss is all about... Staying accountable for what I put in and how I treat our body.

Sorry I couldn't get to everybody but I did read them all and I am so glad to see so many people joining this challenge and trying to stay accountable. I has motivated me even more to log what I eat and stay on plan. Thanks yall and may we all be who we imagined us to be.. The thin girl inside of me is more than ready to come out

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 03-22-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #74  
Country Girl Fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBfitnessbuff View Post
Hmmm just thinking about how great it will be to get to my goal by the end of this this challenge. Last time I weight 170 was two summers ago and I have a few pairs of shorts and cute tops I bought that summer and had to stash away last summer. It would be like getting new cloths again!

I know that slow and steady wins the race. And I'm happy to know I am taking it day by day to work towards losing this weight. But I seriously dont want to spend this next summer in the 180's like I did last summer. I bought one pair of shorts and a few bigger (and looser styled) tank tops last summer. I really don't want to spend all summer wearing a few things again. I'm not ready to give up the baggy winter cloths, I am afraid I wont fit into anything warmer weather appropriate! Anyways we had a few nice days last week. I know that buying a few new items to tide me over wouldn't be the end of the world. But shopping lately is far from fun and very depressing. I hate buying cloths right now!
I know what you mean and with the stress I have been under lately and my emotional eating, I am having to take it mintue by minute and day by day.... It was so much easier gaining all this weight but I can do this!!!

I know I have alot clothes I wish I could fit in and I am so tired of wearing the same baggy pants and tshirt since nothing else in my closet fits me right now..

I am ready for some but not ready clothes and looks wise. I am just ready for this weight to be off but hopefully by the end of this challenge I will be atleast 20-30lbs lighter.

I hate shopping for clothes right now as well I get so depressed and upset that I can wear things like I did 2 years ago I think that is part of what is motivating me is the clothes and me being able to just throw clothes on and not have to worry about covering up my tummy fat. I dont plan on buying anything till I lose weight cause if I buy more things that fit I prob not have the same motivation I have not to get smaller to be able to fit into my smaller clothes....
Old 03-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #75  
Country Girl Fresh

Me and my fiance just started watching are sodium in take long with our calories and it looks like it going to be hard work watching both and balancing them out.... Just have to try and watch what I eat when we go out as well. Going to try getting whatever has the lowest sodium on the menu. just hope I don't give into temptation...

I just have to try and learn that fresh is better than canned/boxed foods... I just don't like how the fresh foods don't last as long as the can and box food does.... I buy for month at a time now but guess if do mostly fresh I have to buy for a week at a time...

Do any of yall have any good and yummy healthy recipes? I don't eat squash, celery, avocados, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, or peppers(well I do cook with rotel sauce). So if you have recipes that don't include those then that be awesome. :-) They are a couple other things I dont like but it almost 1am here and my brain is not working right now lol...

Last edited by Countrybarbie24; 03-24-2013 at 12:33 AM.