Slimmer By Summer Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • It is getting about that time of the year where the stores are stocking the bathing suits on the racks and many of us are just plain tired of winter. I wanted to start a challenge with summer in mind. A thread for accountability, support and plenty of enthusiasm about shedding some weight before summer is upon us. I myself have a beach vacation planned for the first week of July and I am determined, excited and motivated to slim down and hopefully purchase a new bathing suit for my vacation.

If any of you would like to join me in taking on the challenge of slimming down by summer please join me. I will check in daily to update my progress and check on others, say hello and hopefully support and encourage those that join me.

My goal for this challenge is 35 pounds by my Outer Banks vacation!
  • I'll take on the challenge! My goal is to lose 10% of my body weight--25lbs--by June 1.
  • Good Afternoon,
    I would like to accept this Slimmer By Summer Challenge - I really need to work on getting myself back in shape and this is one challenge that will be of great assistance. Thanks you!
  • I'm up for this challenge too!

I'd really like to be down 25 lbs by June 1st.

Means I really need to buckle down and do this. It will take a lot of work, but it's something I've wanted since I had my first little guy
  • The more challenges the better to keep me accountable!! I would like to lose 16 pounds by June 1.

SW: 181
    CW: 181
    GW: 165
  • I would love to join this challenge! I just started dieting and exercising again about 2 weeks ago and I am down 5 lbs!

I would love to be down 40 lbs by July 1st. That's 10lbs a month. It will be really hard, but I think I can stay motivated and get it done!

SW: 240
    CW: 240
    GW: 200
  • I'm in! I would love to lose 25lbs by July 1st as well.

I just started working on my weight again last week. So what is everyone's plan of action for our slim down?

My sister and I joined PF and are going there three times a week. We are also planning on going on long bike rides on Saturdays. We are doing a low carb diet as well.
  • I started working on my weight January 7, and I'm down almost 24 pounds. I've really just been watching what I eat (lower carbs and processed food) and trying to exercise 3-4 times a week.
    If I hit my 16 pound goal by June 1, I will probably try for 22 by July 1. That would put me in the 150s!! I can't even imagine!
  • I'm in! I've been losing at a rate of about 1.5lbs per week, but I'm about to light a fire under my behind. I'm going all in - I'd like to lose 20 pounds by June 1st. I'll stick around to cheer on you July 1sters, of course!

SW: 166.9
    CW: 166.9
    GW: 146.9

I'll be weighing in weekly.

Gettin' Ready For Photos Mini-Goals For This Challenge
    MG1: 162 by April 13th (wedding date)
    MG2: 156 by May 2nd (birthday)
    MG3: 153 by May 13th (fiance's birthday)

Let's go!
  • Count me in too. I'd like to lose 20lbs by July 1st.

SW: 169.5
    CW: 169.5
    GW: 149

It would be so great to be in the 140s for summer!
  • I have decided to drop out of this challenge. I am going to reshape my goals to be more realistic for my body type, since I just spent the last week undereating in an effort to make my my scale goal come true.

I am sure that you all can reach your goals safely - best wishes!
  • I've just started Medifast this week. I'd like to lose 20 pounds by June 1.

SW (4/1) 261
    GW (6/1) 241
  • SW: 181

To keep me more on task for this long challenge, I'm going to break it down to weekly goals:
    April goals and actual weight:
    Date:/ GW:/ AW:
    4/8: 178 /
    4/15: 176
    4/22: 175
    4/29: 173
  • SW: 169.5
    CW: 167
    GW: 149

April 1st: 168.5
    May 1st:
    June 1st:
    July 1st:
  • SW: 181

To keep me more on task for this long challenge, I'm going to break it down to weekly goals:
    April goals and actual weight:
    Date:/ GW:/ AW:
    4/8: 178 / 178.8 (must do better this week!)
    4/15: 176
    4/22: 175
    4/29: 173