February 2013 Challenge to Stay On Plan - Daily Check In

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • I can't believe it's already February!

Our main goal on this thread is to stay ON PLAN (or OP for short) with whatever weight loss plan you're following. Everyone is welcome to join in.

February 2013 Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN during the month. Challenge yourself to be OP with your eating & exercise for the month. Be sure to come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
    2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
    3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
    4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THE THREAD and check in with us. The accountability is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy, fit and happy!! For those who are struggling (like me), why not re-commit and let today be your turnaround. WE CAN DO IT so let's all have a great month!!!
  • OK so the first two weeks of Jan was awesome for me but I lost it in the third week and have been struggling since. Today I am making a turnaround and getting control.

Here are my monthly goals:

1. Get control of my eating
    2. No eating after 7:30
    3. Workout at least 4 times a week for at least 30 mins
    4. Limit sugar
    5. Eat more fruits & veggies
    6. Post here daily
    7. Drink at least 6 glasses of water

I hope everyone has a great month.
  • Hi,
    I'm in. I have been way off plan for the last three weeks or so.
    My plan will be:

1. Recalculate my caloric intake requirements.
    2. Get my sweet tooth in check by cutting down on my sweets.
    3. Weigh in every day to get an idea of my normal fluctuations.
    4. Increase Nike Fuel to 3500 and hit the goal every day.
  • ImImportant - I hope we both have a great month!
  • I'm looking forward to this. I need the accountability to stay on track.
  • So far so good for me today. It's going to be a challenging weekend for me because I'm going to a bridal shower tomorrow and to a Superbowl party on Sunday. I plan to stay in control and make good choices though.
  • I'm in.

1. Goal to end the month lower than I am now... 3-5 pounds at least. I'd love to see more but we'll see.
    2. Keep exercising daily.... minimum 6 days a week with at least walking.
    3. Post daily when I'm at home. I will be out of town a few times including the 27th-March 2nd and not sure whether I'll be on at those times or not.

We can do this!
  • GettinFit - Our stats are so close (weight, height, goal) that I'm really interested in following your progress!

My February goals:
    1. Continue to plan all my meals and log them on spark. Right now, this is hugely important!
    2. Exercise two days a week. (I'm just starting to add exercise to my routine this month and I'm not sure how often I'm going to be able to do this. I have a part time evening job that may conflict with some of the exercise I want to do, like a water aerobics class at the gym.)
    3. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds this month, but I think it's more realistic to say 5.
    4. Post my progress on this thread at least twice a week. I'm going to try for every day but I think my schedule is going to be pretty crazy.

I look forward to working the way through this month with everyone. Good luck!
  • Ok ladies! February is our month! I am committing to:

-staying within my caloric allowance
    -working out 4 times a week
    -staying consistent and not cheating myself
    -lose 10 lbs!!!!
    Whoo I mean if I do the first 3 then the fourth should be doable right? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
  • I'm in for support with my weight loss plan for February. I set 2013 as the year that I will lose the extra pounds and establish a lifestyle that will maintain my healthy goal weight.

Had really been off track for some time. The weight was climbing so I knew I had to make a firm commitment.

Reading everyone's posts is a real boost to my motivation. Thanks.
  • Hey everyone!

I'm back for another month!! February is going to be awesome!

Goals for the month:
    • Track food daily with My Fitness Pal
    • Make sure my calories are at least in the green at the end of the day, with hopefully a few hundred left
    • Continue and be consistent with c25k
    • Check in this thread regularly
    • Work out at least 5 days a week
    • Watch my fat intake
    • Lose 6 lbs (started at 225.5)

So I started this month off pretty awful food wise. I went out to eat for lunch AND dinner. So as punishment I made myself walk it off. LOL. I walked for an hour and 48 minutes and burned off 677 calories and ended up in the green (only by 33...but it's still good to see a green number instead of the red 644 I had before the walk). I know i'm going to be sore tomorrow...but for now i'm feeling pretty great. A couple months ago I would have just said "well, today was a bust...i'll do better tomorrow". Instead, I pushed myself to put in the work. Super proud of myself!

Looking forward to this month and chatting with you guys!
  • Feb. 1 was a rough start. I had sweets in the house and thought I could eat more because I had calories left for the day. I ate more too much so I threw th rest in the trash so that I could avoid temptation.

I woke up this morning and had a good high protein brunch. I am full and hope that I can maintain for the day. Tomorrow is the Big Game and I think I will fill up on protein and veggies just before I go to the party. That way I won't be tempted to overheat all of the traditional game day snacks.
  • Glad you are joining us on this journey, girlpenny!

WTG on the exercise RachelRawr.

Great job restarting today, ImImportant.

Took the dog for a walk... a bit over a mile. Very enjoyable on a nice, sunny day in February. Got home and daughter has tantalizing triple berry muffins just out of the oven. Uggh.... too many points for the muffin alone. So I am going to resist the smell and go get my lunch. Lol and maybe do a bit of elliptical later too.

Have a great day everyone!!
  • Hi! I'm in, well, in yes....not participating for a few days. Hopefully this illness will pass and I can get myself back into the swing of things.

My original goal was to be 192 by March 2, however with my 'minor' setback I don't know if that's realistic. I am at 198 at the moment but that's sick weight, I really hope it doesn't bounce back up to 200 when I'm healthy again. We'll see. I guess I'll take it as it comes this month.
  • HI LAdies

imagine its February already time is absolutely flying...
    well i was the same gettin fit did really well for the 1st 2 weeks then it waned a bit,so feb is a new month and tme to get the motivation back on track
    good luck everyone

1) complete 7 Day detox
    2) get OUT of the 190's
    3) rejoin leisure centre and swim 4 days a week
    4) STOP eating biscuits and sweets at work