1000 miles in 2013

You're on Page 1 of 15
Go to
  • Hi Everyone,

I joined and finished a 1000 mile challenge for the year 2012. I am challenging myself once again to walk 500 miles and do Elliptical for 5000 minutes this year.

I don't care how you accumulate your miles, just join me Let's get moving!!

Remember to reach 1,000 all we need is to average little less than 2.75 miles a day. Very doable!
  • I'll join your 1,000 miles in 2013 thread. Thanks for starting this Sum 38. Day 1, here we go!
  • Nice to have you here Working
  • I also will join in on 1000 miles in 2013! Thanks for starting this thread up and I know EZ will be very HAPPY that we are carrying this on into the new year! I had hoped to get started today but have that nasty cold bug that is going around... will get started in the next couple days though!

1/1--Sick
    1/2--Sick
    1/3--Sick (maybe tomorrow)
    1/4--Sick(will this ever go away?)
    1/5--Sick(I think round 2 is getting me now!)
    1/6--WATP's--1 mile (finally a start!)
    1/7--WATP's--1 mile
    1/8--Nothing--got caught up on a little housework before becoming exhausted.
    1/9--No walking but got out for Daniel Bible study today (Beth Moore)
    1/10--No walking but did go for second Bible study, Breaking Free (Beth Moore)
    1/21-- WATPs-- 1 Mile

Total--3 miles
  • I would love to join as well.

I am so excited to be doing this.

Yay me!!! Yay you! YAY US!!!!!
  • Me too!

Made 1.5 on the treadmill this am! I can start there.
  • I would like to join this challenge as well, I wear a fit bit (when I can remember)
  • I'd like to give it a try. I walk/run 10-12 miles a week, but I wanna try to walk a couple miles on days I don't run. If I add 7-8 miles a week, that'd get me to 1000. Mostly I sit on the couch on winter days I don't run. In summer I sometimes bike on 'off' days. But having this goal will get me out there walking I am sure. BTW, roughly how far is 10,000 steps?
  • I haven't forgotten this-- just still sick with this lousy cold. No energy, no voice, lots of cough and leg aches... I will get started though and then have to do some making up.
  • One mile down yesterday - 2 down today... Only 997 to go!

• This will certainly be a challenge. I did want to clock up 500 miles as one of my goals for the year but challenging myself too 1,000 sounds pretty amazing too. I need to start getting back into walking soon. During the summer I was walking 5 miles a day for a good few weeks. Now I'm back at college and the evenings are dark and dull, I stopped and use my stepper at home. I read somewhere that 2000 steps would be the same as one mile which I would do when I'm using it. I've exams starting tomorrow for a week and a half. Then I've two weeks off where I want to kick start these 1,000 miles outside as well as what I get with the stepper. Can't wait for the long evenings to return. Sum, I watched the 2012 thread and you are such an inspiration! Good luck everyone this year clocking up the 1,000 miles.
  • Can bicycle miles count, too?
  • Tabby Anyway you can get the miles in works for me
  • Count me in!

I am pretty old (57) but started jogging last spring. I can run 2 or 3 miles at a time, but I should not do it every day, so I try to ride my bike on the days I don't run.

It's a challenge for me to run 30 miles a month because I teach school and I'm in two orchestras and a bluegrass group, so lots of evenings are taken up with practice or performance. But if I combine the running miles with some biking miles, maybe I can do this.
  • This was from one of EZ's first post on his original thread for 2012. Just about anything that gets you and moving counts!

"and biking and hiking and wheel-chairing and swimming and surfing and mountain climbing and......and....and....."