1000 miles in 2013

You're on Page 4 of 15
Go to
  • Only 962.7 miles to go. But the scale is still stuck at 159. Hoping for a January thaw because the sidewalks are too icy to go outside and get my butt off the treadmill.
    Nicole, I love that you are doing the Princess half marathon. I hope your long runs are going well. Would love to hear more about your training.
  • Quote: For every 15 minutes of exercise (on average it takes me 15 minutes to walk a mile), I will count it as a mile. However, I've included weight lifting also in my calculation of 22 miles for this month so far. I don't know if that would be cheating. Maybe I won't add in weight lifting from now on.

Dreamer- everyone keeps tally of their miles differently, I checked on line and it varies greatly, partly because of intensity. I mostly want to do straight walking this year but last year included all my workouts(15 mins=1mile). Do whatever makes you happy and helps you to move, we'll support you!

Hi to ALL, hope you are doing well & Keep MOVING
    Diana
  • 3.3 Miles
    23/1000
  • Going to try to get this going again tomorrow. Still have that nasty cough that likes to interfere with everything but I just need to start slow!

I'll be going back to my original post to edit my days there... Sounds like everyone is doing good! Have a great day!
  • Quote: Going to try to get this going again tomorrow. Still have that nasty cough that likes to interfere with everything but I just need to start slow!

I'll be going back to my original post to edit my days there... Sounds like everyone is doing good! Have a great day!

I can't believe you are still coughing, poor chest and throat. Hope you can join us in some light walking, should be good for you.
  • Quote: Only 962.7 miles to go. But the scale is still stuck at 159. Hoping for a January thaw because the sidewalks are too icy to go outside and get my butt off the treadmill.
    Nicole, I love that you are doing the Princess half marathon. I hope your long runs are going well. Would love to hear more about your training.
    Keep at it, the scale will get un-stuck! It has been super cold here, ugh. Luckily I enjoy do morning exercise to DVD's. My new favorites are by Amy Dixon. I got Breathless and Breathless 2, the edge. I love both and they both help me get to 10,000 steps a day.
  • Well, I got a mile in today with WATP's.. Didn't do to bad on the coughing... maybe tomorrow will be a little longer. I'm anxious to get back into the Wii.
  • Quote: Dreamer- everyone keeps tally of their miles differently, I checked on line and it varies greatly, partly because of intensity. I mostly want to do straight walking this year but last year included all my workouts(15 mins=1mile). Do whatever makes you happy and helps you to move, we'll support you!

Hi to ALL, hope you are doing well & Keep MOVING
    Diana
    I've decided to not count it because as of February, I'm going to be going by sets/reps rather than time. I've also reduced my 1,000 to 750 because I really don't believe I can get 1,000. I'm doing well so far, have gotten 30 miles in January with still a number of days left to clock up some more miles.

I'm about to return to college for my last semester of college and would love to achieve 30 miles per month from February to May. I would be ever so pleased with that achievement if I manage it. Now that the Winter is slowly leaving us, I'm hoping I will be able to go out and go on walks again. The cold and myself just don't agree.

EDIT: Best of luck getting 2013 miles in 2013! Very nice idea.
  • Quote: I've decided to not count it because as of February, I'm going to be going by sets/reps rather than time. I've also reduced my 1,000 to 750 because I really don't believe I can get 1,000. I'm doing well so far, have gotten 30 miles in January with still a number of days left to clock up some more miles.

I'm about to return to college for my last semester of college and would love to achieve 30 miles per month from February to May. I would be ever so pleased with that achievement if I manage it. Now that the Winter is slowly leaving us, I'm hoping I will be able to go out and go on walks again. The cold and myself just don't agree.

EDIT: Best of luck getting 2013 miles in 2013! Very nice idea.
    It should be interesting. Just got to 110 miles today. I generally get more miles in the summer with gardening and may add bicycling. So good to keep walking while going to college, good goal! I'm tired of the cold too, enough already.
  • I've not worked out much in the past 1.5 weeks but I plan on getting back at it this weekend. I did go to the mall and walk on Sat & Wed.

1/1 - 30 Min WW Punch DVD
    1/2 - 25 Mins Firm DVD & .5 mile walk
    1/3 - 30 Mins of Stairs & Walking on my work breaks
    1/4 - 30 Mins Firm Cardio Inferno, 15 min walk & stairs at work
    1/5 - 3 mile walk @ Stone Mtn.
    1/6 - 3 mile walk @ the Mtn
    1/7 - 40 mins Firm DVD
    1/8 - 30 mins Firm DVD
    1/9 - Rest
    1/10 - Rest
    1/11 - 30 mins Turbo Jam
    1/12 - 3 mile walk
    1/13 - 3 mile WATP
    1/14 - 30 min WW Punch DVD
    1/19 - Walked 2 miles
    1/23 - Walked 2 miles

16.5/500 Miles
    280/2400 Minutes
  • I hit the 60 mile mark today with a walk in the snow. It was more pleasant than I anticipated. And I am feeling positive about my next weigh in.

On a negative note, how did I get on the Victoria's Secret catalog mailing list, and is that really our culture's ideal of beauty? Feed those girls a sandwich!
  • I just discovered the "Walking to Mordor " Challenge Thread. Which is sort of kismet,because The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers was on the video at the fitness club yesterday. I think this is kinda wonderfully hilarious as a goal. Check out the thread if you too revel in this sort of nerdiness. I will stick with 1000 miles for now. Mordor is a little farther.
  • Okay if I join?

I've been tracking on my blog... so here is everything so far...

I have an Elliptistrider, but am not sure on what goal I have for that...

I do want to hit a minimum of 1000 miles though! I'm planning on increasing the distance as I go... but sticking with 4 miles/day when the weather cooperates and the Elliptistrider when the weather stinks...

01: Start Date...
    02: 20 min. Elliptistrider
    03: 20 min. Elliptistrider
    04: 20 min. Elliptistrider
    05: 25 min. Elliptistrider
    06: 25 min. Elliptistrider
    07: 30 min. Elliptistrider
    08: Nothin...
    09: 40 min. Elliptistrider
    10: 25 min. Elliptistrider
    11: Slackerness...
    12: 30 Min. Elliptistrider
    13: 25 Min. Elliptistrider
    14: 4.1 miles
    15: 4.1 miles
    16: 4.1 miles
    17: Slackerness...
    18: 4.1 miles
    19: 3 miles
    20: 3 miles
    21: 4.1 miles
    22: 4.1 miles
    23: 4.1 miles
    24: Slackerness...
    25: 4.1 miles
    26: 4.1 miles
    27: 5 miles
    28: 45 min. Elliptistrider
    29: 4.1 miles

Elliptistrider: 305 min.

52/1000 miles
  • Hello Walkers. The month is almost gone and we've had some nasty weather. I got out once when the back roads had firmed up and temp hit mid 40's, it was surprisingly nice. I wore a warm coat and was neither warm nor cold, guess I'll have to venture out soon to get more fresh air and sun.

Welcome - Gettin Fit, Junem and KimL

Gettin fit, hop you got to the mall or have been able to do more dvd exercise videos. I live in the country so about half of my exercise in winter is to dvd's.

Junem, Yeah to 60 miles, keep it up!

KimL, Nice goal and good consistancy, you go girl.
    to ALL
  • Hi y'all. Tabbycat here.

It looks like I will finish the first month at about 60 miles. I know I have to average over 80 to reach 1,000 for the year, but like many of you, I know I can log a lot more miles in the summer.

I like to get my miles by jogging, but at age 57, I can't run every day (I'm in my first year of running). So I have to count my bicycling miles too or I'll never reach 1,000.