Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

My goals: to eat about 1350 cals and to exercise everyday. Just got finished exercising for 45 minutes. Also was on point with my cals today and yesterday.

GettinFit, you're doing great!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #32  

Yah! I was OP for today, and I'm off to the gym soon!

I drank enough water, and I haven't had too much sugar (my nemesis).

Also, great news...I got a brand new car. A silver Prius!
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #33  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Great job Tyla & Lauren on your eating and exercise today I just finished my Firm workout and I feel great! I am a couple hundred calories under today but I am not going to eat anything else.

Lauren - Enjoy your new car Sounds very nice.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Joining a day late, hope that's okay!

My goals for the month are to:

1. Log everything I eat every day.
2. Stay under my calorie goal each day.
3. Abstain from alcohol.
4. Exercise for an hour a minimum of three times per week.
5. Lose ten pounds.

It's the end of day two and so far so good! I've logged everything, stayed under my calorie goal, abstained from alcohol and exercised once. Bring on the weight loss!
laura365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/160

I forgot to mention that my starting weight is 238.2. So I'am aiming for 228.2 for February 1st. Ambitious, but I'm okay with that.
laura365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #36  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

GettinFit, I was working the gum and sugar free candies hard last night. After so many days of eating way too much, staying at 1500 calories was actually painful. But I did it! And today was ever so slightly better. I was ravenous mid-afternoon and had an unscheduled snack, but felt much better after I got home from work. I too wish food didn't have such a hold on me but it does and that's that. I can either give up or keep at it.

tyla, are you still doing Pilates? I just ordered some new DVDs and a better mat. I'm hoping doing more will help with my bad leg, which has been hurting quite a bit lately.

The Lauren, congrats on the new car! A neighbor had a Prius and it always amazed me how quiet that thing was.

Sunnyside, why lentils? And good luck with maintenance!

Welcome to all the new kids!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #37  
Stay Focused & Committed

Laura365. Great job on making it through day 2 and I hope you make your 10 pounds for the month.

Steph - Tonight has been much easier for me and I hope it has been for you too. What helped you to stay the course to lose as much as you have? It seems that when I've been OP for about 3 months, I fall off the wagon. This year I want so bad to be successful and reach 165.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/110

Height: 5'4"

Today was day 1 of eating healthy for me. I stayed under 1400 calories. I was able to limit salt today (less shakes). Had 4 glasses of water, but better than my previous none. Didn't have time to exercise but Wed will be my day off anyway. And I was able to avoid the 3 huge bowls of candy that we have leftover from Christmas. All in all, not too shabby.

How's everyone doing?
free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #39  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Looks like I"ll be losing the "unhealthy" way for a few days... Apparently my outing on New Years Day garnered me a nasty cold. Boo...

Hard to exercise when you can't breathe and when you can, breath is used on coughing.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #40  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'8

Today was an okay day for me. I slept in really late though, so I skipped breakfast. Tomorrow I fly back home. Traveling days are usually awful for me food wise. But even if it is, i'll be ready friday to get back on track and kick some butt! Looking forward to getting back and having a schedule. I don't do very well without a little structure.
RachelRawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 255/235/182

Height: 6 ft

Yesterday was a good day for me, kept within my calorie limit and did 20 mins of exercise. Hopefully keep up the good work.
BippityBoppety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #42  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning everyone,

Mandy - I hope you're feeling better soon and are able to shake your cold.

Free - Congrats on getting through day 1 and resisting the candy

Rachel - I hear 'ya on structure. It's so much easier for me when I'm back to my normal routine/schedule. I hope you have a safe trip back home and I'm looking forward to hearing about how it goes for you on Friday.

BippityBoppety - Great job on your OP day and we WILL keep up the good work.

I'm working on day 3 of being OP and I am determined to make it through 100% OP. I have my eating planned out and I must stick to the plan. Today is my rest day from exercise but I plan on doing some short walks during my breaks today. I am just so ready for this ugly fat to be off my body.

Have a great day everyone

Today's Journal - 1170 (need 330 more cals)
B: Coffee w/Maxwell House Cafe International (140), 1 C milk, Greek yogurt (130)
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer (340), 3 pcs dark choc (120)
D: Broiled ground beef patty (150), salad w/reg salad dressing (100), 1 SF fudgesicle (40)
S: Apple (100), decaf coffee w/creamer (50)
Old 01-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #43  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies!

I used to be on this board a few years ago when I was losing the last bit of my weight. I took a break when I was pregnant and I had a baby girl in August and I'm ready to get rid of these pesky 25 pounds. I'm going to calorie count, but I'm breastfeeding, so it's going to be hit or miss for a while. I have to make sure my supply doesn't tank because I'm not getting enough calories. Ironically, January 3rd, 2011 is the date I started posting on 3FC when I first joined and this group was one I was always a part of. I'm glad to be back!

Goals for January

1) Exercise at least three times a week
2) Only weigh once a week and not panic if I see a number I don't like
3) Lots and lots of water!
4) Healthier choices at work. It's tempting here with the kitchen across the hall from me.

Best of luck to us all!

Last edited by Emme; 01-03-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 255/235/182

Height: 6 ft

Today I have kept OP which is great but right now I am having to use all my will power and mental strength to resist raiding the house for chocolate. Not even remotely hungry, actually feeling rather bloated after eating too much dinner to compensate for my cravings. I hadn't realised how badly addicted I am to chocolate/sugar until now.
BippityBoppety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #45  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Glad to see you're still motivated GettinFit!

Welcome back Emme!

I've been where you are BippityBoppety. Hang in there and keep resisting. Your taste buds will eventually change and you will slowly stop craving it. Are you eating anything in place of chocolate? Sweet candy was my vice and eating fruit helped me a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph7409 View Post
Sunnyside, why lentils? And good luck with maintenance!
Thanks Steph! Lentils mainly for the protein, fiber and iron. When I add new things to my diet that I'm not used to I have to make it a goal for the month or else I will forget about it. By the way are you still using Lesile Sansone videos online? There's also some free videos on her website too FYI.

I'm having a nice "on plan" week so far. I had a healthy "wheat squares" cereal with berries for breakfast, a medium sized apple with peanut butter for a snack, french toast and turkey bacon for lunch and a small homemade crab salad (with onions, green peppers, celery and a homemade ranch dressing) with frozen asian-style veggies and 3 unsalted crackers for dinner.

It's so weird eating a bigger than normal lunch and a small dinner, but it's really working for me and I'm never hungry.

Regarding my workouts I got ahold of more Walk Away The Pounds videos (up to 30+ in my collection!) and I am lifting weights 2 - 3 times per week. Oh also I've been ice skaking. I burn so many calories doing that, but it's been too cold to ice skake outdoors.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 01-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote