Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 238/213/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woo boy did my friend's visit throw my weight off. But with exercise (didn't do any at all while she was here) and calorie counting (didn't do that while she was here either) I managed to get my pre-breakfast weight down to 206.0 lbs this morning! Yippee! I'm happy. If I can manage to get to 205 by this Saturday I'll still be on track for my end of year goal. Then I can start working on my Spring Goal.

Drink water!!

~L2L
Learning 2 Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

I've decided to take a scale break until my finals are all over. I feel like I depend too much on the scale to tell me how to feel about myself, so I'm not going to weigh-in until Monday the 17th. My goal is to get back on track between now and then and to see great results by that point.
jrkessle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Learning: good recovery--that is the important part!

JR: definitely if the scale makes you feel bad about yourself then stay away! there are other ways of monitoring your progress like measurements and looser clothes.
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbrocade View Post
Learning: good recovery--that is the important part!

JR: definitely if the scale makes you feel bad about yourself then stay away! there are other ways of monitoring your progress like measurements and looser clothes.
The scale is freaking me out too. I've eaten on plan and exercised and my pre-breakfast weight today was 207.1. However, I cheated last time and did a workout DVD before stepping on the scale to get that 206. I'm just going to have to plug along. 25 days to lose 8 lbs... doesn't seem likely. But my body has its own way of doing things. Before I started this challenge thing, my body had a pattern. Lose weight one week - maintain the next - lose weight the following week- maintain the next. And I guess it's getting back into that pattern again, which is okay. I'm going to get rid of my December 31st goal. Cuz if I don't achieve it I'll be too peeved at myself.

So if it's not the 1st or the 15th, I'm not going to worry about the scale.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #80  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

Hello Ladies. My mil is visiting for a few days. I have been procrastinating cleaning my house. So today I get to be a whirlwind. I HATE CLEANING. My biggest problem is clutter. Especially with 2 young kids. Its amzing how quickly they they can destroy a room.

I am finally back down to 223 which I was a week ago Monday. I seem to be doing this a lot. Lose then gain back a few pounds which it take me a week or more to loose. THen loose and gain back again. UP/down. There is not much else I can do exept give up which I am not going to do.

Have a great weekend ladies.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #81  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

hi guys!

ive been pretty absent lately.. a lot of crazy stuff going on.

im at 181 today! november was an awful month for me and ive only lost about 5 lb in the past 6 or 7 weeks. i usually lose about 5 lb/month.

my original goal when i very first started in august was to be 175 by NYE. at the rate ive been losing this seems doubtful. but.. even if i can get to like 178 it seems silly to stress about a few lbs.

yesterday i put on an old pair of jeans. not my *skinny jeans* lol, but an in between pair from when i was thin and when i was fat, and they fit perfectly. made me feel great. then i found $6 in the pocket, it was like a 2 for 1!

Last edited by juliastl27; 12-07-2012 at 12:32 PM.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #82  

so much for checking in on thursday!

I am down three pounds for the last week so I am very pleased--I am 233 as of Thursday Dec 6.

Here are my goals again: I would like to lose 10 lbs by jan 1--226 about 5.5 weeks which is very doable--2 lbs per week. then I think I would like to aim for onederland by 3/20--12 weeks, 2.5 months--27 lbs to reach 199.

so I have 7 lbs to go by Jan 1 which is 3.5 weeks away--still doable!

cheers all!

sno
Old 12-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #83  

Default monday

Hi all!

well had a good if quiet weekend--our in laws have invited us to a christmas dinner at a thai place! a little strange but probably can get something tasty without too many calories.

still a bit sluggish from my cold.

not much else to report--where is everyone???

sno
Old 12-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #84  

L2L reporting for duty.

Okay so like I was really hungry the last few days so I pretty much ate whatever. I also ate an entire apple pie yesterday among other things. But I'm down to 205.8 this morning. Pre-breakfast AND pre-workout. So I'm happy about that. I bought protein powder on Saturday, because last Thursday I worked out to the point of acute muscle distress and needed 4 Advil just to feel uncomfortable. Right now I'm 25.8 lbs away from my Spring goal. Can I lose 26 lbs in 3 months? IDK But we'll see.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Just checking in to say I'm still hanging in there. Did Pilates this morning. Been keeping my cals under 1400, but the scale hasn't budged. Was very tempted to start snacking today, but distracted myself by gettting on the computer. Anyway, I feel so much better that I came here instead of the refrigerator.

Sno, you're doing an awesome job!! Super weight loss!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #86  
Back to being healthy

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8'

I finally am back at my low from last week. I have eaten out too much the last few days and am retaining water now. My fingers are so tight. I am sure its the food I ate out. I don't salt my food normally. I am really ready to be out of the 220's. 223 now and I am sure some of it is water.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season. My MIL is visiting and I can't wait until she leaves. Sorry but tomorrow can't come soon enough. Then I can get back into our routine.
Lishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

@Lishar: I'm hovering between 225 and 222, so I understand how you feel! I'm going home for break from classes in 6 days and getting my old gym membership back for 3 weeks, so my plan is to be well into the 210s when I return to school! WE CAN DO IT!!!!
jrkessle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #88  

Holy Crap...

204.6 lbs and that was pre-breakfast and pre-workout. And I ate an entire apple pie on Sunday. I swear I won't do that again. It wasn't even that good, but it was hot from the oven and well... whatevs.

The point is, that I might, just might be able to make it to 199 for the New Year! And I've been slacking on my exercise too. I've only been working out once a day. I feel like I should do some cardio today before hitting Circuit Training tonight at 6:30pm. But I doubt I will have the time.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #89  

Default tuesday

Hi all!

so good to hear from you all!

I ate a bit off plan yesterday and was up a pound this morning. a little rebound from being so strict the last few weeks I think.

I am really working on my thinking about the holidays ie. my birthday on the 16th--I figure one meal eating out. not eating all day and the next day and the next!!

same with xmas--one meal and then stop. it is really hard but if I can pull it off then I can pull off the whole weight loss and maintenance thing.

LTL--sometimes it is that way--a cheat meal will put the metabolism back into gear and help rather than hinder weight loss. the trick is getting back on plan.

lishar and jr--hovering is part of the deal unfortunately. the body doesnt want to let go of that fat!! hang in there!

tyla--good job keeping it at a constant level. you know it will pay off!

take care all!

sno
Old 12-13-2012, 12:56 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Went to Pilates today. It didn't hurt as much today, so fingers crossed, maybe I'm getting used to it. Did well at a party last night. Only had a glass of wine. I really want to get to goal this time! I have to do well during these holidays, otherwise I'll gain. And when I gain, it takes me months and months to lose it again. Don't want to go through that again.

Sno, you have a good plan! Best of luck to you!

Lishar, Jr. and Learning, we can make this happen together. Let's do this thing.

Last edited by tyla; 12-13-2012 at 03:03 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote