Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #46  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Oh I wanted to mention to try to monitor your protein intake or at least drink a protein shake afterwards, it should help with recovery and soreness.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 224/Ticker/140

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide99 View Post
NICE!!!! Congrats!!!!! Just wait until you get further into CLX. You've lost a lot of fat and now muscle is going to start showing.

My boobs has lifted. Big time. No need for a boob lift over here. lol I so was not expecting that, but it's a nice surprise consider I'm only one month in lifting heavy.

I was wondering how your first day went. I'm so glad you decided to go for the SelectTechs! It may take a couple of times to figure out the best weight so it's good you discovered you need to go heavier with the lower body. I know that shaky feeling you are talking about. I remember trying to cut an onion...that's very bad. lol

Yes she is different. I love her clothing style. In one of the Push Circuits she is actually wearing boots! I have never seen that before. lol

Keep us updated with your progress!
I do find that I can relate to her a bit better because she is a woman, if that makes sense at all. I LOVE Shaun T but he is so bulky and muscular vs. Chalene who looks more like what I want my body to look like...toned and fit. Boots? I can't wait to see that!

I will admit the calorie burn is way less than Insanity so that was a shocker but I'm going to stick with it and see what happens. I feel weird taking a rest day mid week...not used to that!
strutter5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter5150 View Post
First day completed!! I LOVE the Selectttech weights..well, I loved them once I hauled that 105 lb box in. Guess the Fed Ex guy didn't want to carry them up to the door either! lol He left them by the garage so I unpacked them in the garage and carried them one at a time upstairs.

Well...my arms are on fire and quite shaky. I was trying to cook after I got done and I dropped the jar of marinara sauce on the floor! I had 15 lbs on the lower body work and I think I'm going to have to up that. My upper is hurting so good, my lower body isn't feeling anything. I'm definitely glad I invested in the weights because I wasn't under 12 lbs on anything, so I will be needing those heavier weights!

Chalene is different. Not saying that in a bad way, either! I'm so used to Shaun T barking at me; she's way more mellow!

Off to soak my sore muscles!
AWESOME!!!! I'm so glad you had a great first day!! Your muscles will be popping out soon!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #49  

Quote:
I do find that I can relate to her a bit better because she is a woman, if that makes sense at all. I LOVE Shaun T but he is so bulky and muscular vs. Chalene who looks more like what I want my body to look like...toned and fit. Boots? I can't wait to see that!

I will admit the calorie burn is way less than Insanity so that was a shocker but I'm going to stick with it and see what happens. I feel weird taking a rest day mid week...not used to that!
I have found that the heavier I lift, I get WAY more burn and I sweat almost as much as (sometimes more than) I do when I do Insanity. I'm actually burnt out from Insanity after completing 16 weeks of it, so I'm forfeiting the last 2 weeks and just doing Chalean and my running at the gym for now.

I LOOOOVE Push Circuit! I had that shaky feeling you ladies were speaking about today. I could hardly turn the steering wheel in my car lol!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #50  
Maintaining since 2013

Quote:
When I was researching I read a lot of people adding in more cardio. I don't follow the calendar and I only have one rest day.

I find I sweat a lot, but my upper body strength was not great and I'm giving it all I got!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I LOOOOVE Push Circuit! I had that shaky feeling you ladies were speaking about today. I could hardly turn the steering wheel in my car lol!
I was wondering how you were coming along. I love Push Circuit too and considering repeating it after this month. My fav move of the entire set is in the 3rd circuit where you lay down and lift the heavy weight behind your head slowly. It worked my core, triceps, back and shoulders and I felt it for daysssss. lol
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #51  

Height: 5'2"

Smile Day 1

It arrived and I spent the morning with the program.

Let me first say, BB has marketing down. Leaving an empty spot for the Fat-Burn Challenge DVD with a To Order website is genius. Kind of makes me feel like there is a missing piece of a puzzle...something unfinished. I'll end up ordering it before too long.

The Healthy Eats & Kitchen Makeover DVD was an unexpected surprise. It's the first workout plan that addresses healthy eating for the entire family. I'll be sharing it with my daughter and her young family.

Burn Basics was awesome. I'll be revisiting the DVD frequently to make sure I have technique down.

Band Basics went a little fast for me. Considering that I received only the light weight band with the program and the Band Basics section noted that three came with the program, it's my guess that BB would rather its users buy the weight system rather than use the bands. There's no instruction on how to best fit the purple leg band.

Now for the workout-I loved Burn Circuit One. I need to increase the weight and will do so tomorrow. The music was awesome. Cinematography could use a little help. As a newbie, I was trying to focus on form, the camera person gave me head shots or off angles, so I couldn't see what I needed to see to know if I got it right. A small graphic on the bottom of the screen showing the movement would be most helpful.

I am inspired by Debbie (?) the woman on the left of the screen who's 60. Chalean is so right when she said that fit bodies look younger.

I am very excited to have started this program and look forward to working it.

TTFN
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #52  

Quote:
I was wondering how you were coming along. I love Push Circuit too and considering repeating it after this month. My fav move of the entire set is in the 3rd circuit where you lay down and lift the heavy weight behind your head slowly. It worked my core, triceps, back and shoulders and I felt it for daysssss. lol
OMG that one was soooooo tough but I LOVED it! My muscles were shaking like a leaf and I was breathing like I was giving birth! LOL! I've never done that particular exercise before...it was pretty unique.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #53  
Maintaining since 2013

Nice review BrownEyedVeggie. Yes that woman looks amazing. I would have never guessed she was 60. Are you working with adjustable weights? If not how many pounds are you using?

LOL Angie!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieand2girls View Post
I have found that the heavier I lift, I get WAY more burn and I sweat almost as much as (sometimes more than) I do when I do Insanity. I'm actually burnt out from Insanity after completing 16 weeks of it, so I'm forfeiting the last 2 weeks and just doing Chalean and my running at the gym for now.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much I sweat in a 35 minute workout. I guess that's unpleasant for some, but not us buff gals...right?

I'm all about keeping it real so I'll readily admit that I burned out badly towards the end of Insanity as well. It was really hard to keep pushing play in the last two weeks. The only thing that kept me going was getting that t-shirt! lol It's a great program but pretty hardcore.

Chalene won my heart today when she said "This is you time. If you have your husband or kids bugging you, tell them if they want to talk they have to put on a pair of sneakers and work out too." (Paraphrased)

Last edited by strutter5150; 11-28-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #55  

Quote:
When I was researching I read a lot of people adding in more cardio. I don't follow the calendar and I only have one rest day.

I find I sweat a lot, but my upper body strength was not great and I'm giving it all I got!
I think I'm going to use that Tuesday rest day and do some cardio. I just don't feel "right" about it. I know they say when you're going through the programs for the first time to do it as directed, but I don't think it'll hurt me too much to add a bit in carefully.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedVeggie View Post
Now for the workout-I loved Burn Circuit One. I need to increase the weight and will do so tomorrow. The music was awesome. Cinematography could use a little help. As a newbie, I was trying to focus on form, the camera person gave me head shots or off angles, so I couldn't see what I needed to see to know if I got it right. A small graphic on the bottom of the screen showing the movement would be most helpful.
YES, THIS!!! I need to see the whole body shot in proper form! I know there's a "basics" video for reference but who remembers all of that in the middle of a workout? I try to focus more on Chalene since she's using the same weights I am but she never stays still! lol
Old 11-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #57  
Maintaining since 2013

Quote:
I think I'm going to use that Tuesday rest day and do some cardio. I just don't feel "right" about it. I know they say when you're going through the programs for the first time to do it as directed, but I don't think it'll hurt me too much to add a bit in carefully.
Agreed! Plus I always say listen to your own body. You just completed Insanity so I'm sure adding an extra day for cardio wouldn't hurt!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #58  

Height: 5'2"

Smile

Quote:
Nice review BrownEyedVeggie. Yes that woman looks amazing. I would have never guessed she was 60. Are you working with adjustable weights? If not how many pounds are you using?

LOL Angie!
Hi Angie,

I went to Sports Authority today and put a set of adjustable weights (25lb set) on order. Until they come in, I have a dinky pair of 5lbs hand weights. Chalean talked about flexing to add extra resistance. I did and got a pretty good sweat going.
BrownEyedVeggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedVeggie View Post
Hi Angie,

I went to Sports Authority today and put a set of adjustable weights (25lb set) on order. Until they come in, I have a dinky pair of 5lbs hand weights. Chalean talked about flexing to add extra resistance. I did and got a pretty good sweat going.
That's awesome!! I think you will be happy with the adustable weights. It's like having a whole rack set in one. It's great!

And it's soooo true that when you flex the muscle, you can make lighter weights feel heavier! I've never done that before and it makes the workout so much more intense! Great job!

And for the ladies that want to add cardio while doing Chalean...I was doing Chalean Extreme while doing Insanity 6 times a week AND going to the gym to work on my running 3 times a week. Although I dropped the Insanity from being burnt out, I'm still running 3 times a week and also doing ab workouts 3 times a week. It can be done!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:59 AM   #60  

Quote:
Agreed! Plus I always say listen to your own body. You just completed Insanity so I'm sure adding an extra day for cardio wouldn't hurt!
I did the Burn Intervals today. I had some trouble with footwork again, which is making me really scared to try Turbo Fire when I'm done. I got that for $53 at the Black Friday sale through Beachbody and was pretty excited until I realized that it's going to be a lot of footwork too! I am so not a coordinated person, which is why I really liked Insanity. It didn't have a lot of complex moves, just the basics that I already knew. I have a new challenge to overcome!

The Ab Burner was awesome! I felt that one much more than I did Cardio Abs or even Insane Abs. When I'm done with CLX and TF, I think I'm going to create a custom workout from those two and Insanity. So much time to go...that will be my summer workout by the time I complete the 180 days in CLX and TF!