Old 11-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 277/252/170

Height: 5'7

Terrible, terrible week for me. Completely unsure of what my weight will be on Wednesday. *insert 5,000 sad faces here*
jrkessle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I ate bad all week. Just a lot of going out and eating out. However, I was careful not to stuff myself each time and although I know those calories were sneakily high, I still lost a pound!

SW: 206
CW: 205
GW: 199
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #63  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Weighed in at 144 on the scale tonight after my workout at 9PM. Up .4 lbs since Saturday but it was a nighttime after eating and drinking all day, so I'm happy! I was not OP this weekend, my mom and I had brunch, Lemon ricotta pancakes with almond butter and whole heavy whipping cream, SO DELICIOUS and worth every calorie )) So today was back OP and this week will be OP too until my sister and I celebrate our birthdays Saturday with delicious Indian food I'm hoping having something to look forward to will keep me OP this week!

Sending positive vibes to everyone for a great Tuesday!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Weeeell... I'm up 3lbs. since last Tuesday, but I think that it might be due to muscle gain, since I've been hitting the weights pretty hard, lately. At least, I hope so! I can't figure why else, since I've been sticking very faithfully to my diet.

Best of luck to everyone else on the weight loss!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

I've had a frustrating week. I don't think I've eaten enough calories with the amount of exercise I've been trying to do, have been on antibiotics for a couple of days this week, and have been a bit stressed out. I made the mistake of checking my weight a few times during the week and found that one day I was up several pounds. It really depressed me for a little while. Last night I got busy with some things and decided to skip my regular exercise, so I was dreading what the scale would say.

But to my surprise, it said 287! That's 11 pounds this month. I'm really pleased (and over halfway to my end of the month goal)! I'm a bit worried as have just found out I have to go away on a work trip at the end of the month, which includes a dinner with a set menu and I'm not sure how healthy it's going to be. I've been avoiding eating with people, as I hate the comments I get when people realise I'm on a diet, so I suspect it's going to be awkward!

SW: 298
CW: 287
GW: 278
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #66  

only down to 225.8 this week, so -.02 loss :/ i'm doing a cleanse today of fruits and veggies to get everything bad out of my system and start over. making changes today!

SW: 227.5
CW: 225.8
GW: 212.5
Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #67  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

I've been struggling a little bit to stay OP this week with both my eating and getting my lazy bum to the gym. Times are really stressful at my university right now, but it's no excuse. Gotta stick with it! I hope the rest of you are doing better than me :P Good luck this weekend!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #68  

I'm excited to say that I went down on the scale! I'm sure that the previous uptick was related to muscle building. I'm so glad that muscle burns fat! My week has kind of been difficult with money stresses and schedule nightmares. Oh, and my knees. Darn them!
SW: 172
CW: 167
GW: 163

AilsaPearl - You are so tough, having lost as much as you have, already! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #69  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Yay RVAscreenwriter! It's great to see the scale move down when you're working so hard for it. I have a knee recommendation. This video really helped me out: http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...ong-knees-5706. It's like having a physical therapist. There's some trick to getting it to play without all the explanation which you only need the first time. Let me know if you try it and I'll figure out what it was I did.

AilsaPearl: I hope you're weekend's going better and that you're getting some down time.

jrkessle: how are you doing? Did the cleanse work as a restart? I've never tried that. But I often find I need something dramatic to tell myself that I'm doing something different today than I did yesterday.

FerrisW: awesome to see an 11 pound loss already! My mantra for meals out is focus on the veggies and tiny portions of everything else. No need to tell anyone you're on a diet. Just follow your plan and don't talk about it. If anyone asks just say "Yeah it's all yummy and just so filling, thanks." Would that work for you? I'm sure other folks here have more ideas.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #70  

Thanks, gardernerjoy, I'll check it out! I've been doing some strengthening work for my knees already. That has helped tremendously, but I think that jogging uphill on unforgiving concrete sidewalks has canceled some of that out. I wish that I could jog on asphalt in my neighborhood without getting run over!
Old 11-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #71  

gardenerjoy the cleanse actually DID work, it's just eating clean after the cleanse that didn't work, lol. that day I ate an entire bag of steamed broccoli and a whole can of pineapple in 100% pineapple juice. i was down 2 pounds the next morning, however i went on carb overload the very next day, so ... however now i'm back to where i was post-cleanse. so, the cleanse itself DOES work, but to keep the results going i needed to not eat carbs the next day. also, eating that much broccoli gave me the worst stomach cramps of my life, and about 4-5 hours after eating it i was in the bathroom for about 30 minutes pooping the broccoli, so that's where the loss came from. it cleans out your colon sooo well though. but i think 2 hours of stomach cramps and lots of poop was worth it!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #72  
ready to stand

S/C/G: 172/ticker/115

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyLeigh View Post
I'll join! My goal for this month will be getting into the 130's. So, I would like to hit 139.9!

Starting weight: 144.8
Goal weight: 139.9

11/4 - 142.4
11/11 - 141.2
11/18 - 139.8
11/25 -
11/30 -

Good luck to everyone this month!
Well, I've already hit my goal for this month!!

For the rest of the month, I'll focus on maintaining my loss. (I've been resisting the urge to have pumpkin pie, but I will allow myself one slice on Thanksgiving day. )

If I lose anymore, that'll just give me a head-start on next month's goal!
MelodyLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

Thanks gardenerjoy, that's really good advice! I've never been on a diet and had to go somewhere with a set menu before so was feeling rather daunted, but I will definitely focus on the veggies. Plus my plan is really just calorie counting, and if I'm very good during the day, I should be able to minimise any naughtiness from the dinner! I have a get-out-of-dessert card I can use- I'm allergic to chocolate, and since 90% of desserts have some sort of chocolate I always have a limited choice, so unless there's a fruit salad option I might say I'm worried about food being prepared alongside chocolate as an excuse for not having one. I can totally handle this! I just have to be prepared.
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #74  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

Sw: 317.6
Cw: 315.6
Gw: 307.6

11/04: 315.6
11/11: --
11/18: -- Unfortunately these last two weeks have not been stellar. I'm lucky to have only maintained.
11/25:
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyLeigh View Post
Well, I've already hit my goal for this month!!
WOW! Great work! Awesome times 1000!

watchoutforthatcar - As you've said, at least you've maintained. That's an accomplishment! We still have 11 days left in November. Any progress that you make will be progress.