Old 10-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaPearl View Post
sunny- damn those sugar cravings! i am right there with you. sometimes it's just like regardless of what I eat or if I'm full I am still thinking about sweets! in my case trail mix. lol but good job brushing your teeth, I know it's not always viewed as the healthiest or whatever, but coffee and tea REALLY help me ward off cravings when they get bad!
Agree with ya there! Same problem/same solution for me as well.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Well, as soon as I said I was going to go off carbs, I headed right to the cereal and had a cup. Then I had popcorn after dinner! I stayed within my range, but I can't put too many rules on my head or I break them. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Steph, I'm too lazy to go downstairs to tell you the name of my Pilates DVD. I'll tell you the name tomorrow. (Have a headache right now.) I bought the DVD at Target. It's an ok DVD. I used to do Pilates On Demand with my cable company, but they got rid of Fit TV. Too bad. I loved it! I'm thinking about taking a Pilates class. Sometimes it's easier to stick with it if you have a commitment to go to class. I used to take Pilates classes 2ce a week for 1 1/2 yrs. until my schedule changed.

Till tomorrow~~~

Last edited by tyla; 10-17-2012 at 02:27 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #93  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Well I did resist the donuts yesterday. Last night when I got home I had a headache and didn't feel like working out. I think it was due to coming off sugar. I gave in and had some sweets and it went away. I know once I get past the first couple of days, the headache goes away.

Lakilaulea - Great job on your resisting the Dunkin Donuts too

Steph7409 - You are so close to your goal now - You must be so proud of what you've done this past year.

xRiotGirl - Great job on your focus and commitment.

Tyla - I'm with 'ya on the carbs. I'm the same way, the more I eat, the more I want. I hope your headache goes away.

Penguin - We haven't heard from you in a few days, I hope everything is okay.

Have a great day everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

I did the Tread Climber for 35 minutes yesterday.. I really wanted to do at least 45, but I was just too exhausted. I had one of those veggie chicken patty burgers for dinner last night with a handful of chips. I also had a pretty big breakfast this morning, but I intend to do 45 minutes when I get home and I have Aqua-Fit tonight as well.

Weighing myself every morning has been helpful, I think. I usually go down a little bit a day, but pick up some during the weekend... As long as I see a downhill trend, I'm fine. I'm a lot less scared of my scale now and I know to pay attention if I see it stay the same or go up two days in a row.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #95  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Hey everyone! I'm reaching closer and closer to the 100's! I hope to get there by the end of the year, but I'm trying to pace myself. Slow and steady.

Steph7409 - Those are some tough moves in that book, but I find them effective!

AilsaPearl & xRiotGirl: Tea has helped me fight off my sweet tooth. Thanks so much!!!

tyla - Isn't Pilates awesome?! I've been meaning to start doing that more so thanks for the motivation!

GettinFit - Good job on resisting the donut! Just think you saved yourself from ingesting 250 - 350 empty calories.

Lakilaulea - Please don't say the word chips! Just kidding - it's a weakness I have. lol Weighing every morning myself helped me as well.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Last edited by SunnySide99; 10-17-2012 at 02:13 PM.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #96  

Sunnyside99, LOL, sorry!! It's my vice as well!! I figure if I just give myself a handful every now and again (and put it in a bowl before eating it instead of eating out of the bag), I can control myself and not go overboard. Plus, I love love LOVE Lays Kettle Cooked Reduced Fat chips. If I try to avoid it, I'll end up eventually gorging the whole thing, bag included!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #97  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

LOL!!!! Oh no worries! I was just joking! You are so lucky to be able to have some control. I tried putting some in a bowl, but I wind up going back to the bag and putting more chips in the bowl. That kind of defeats the purpose right? lol So no chips in the house for me!
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #98  

SunnySide99 I am JEALOUS of your control! There is a large part of me, as with many people, that loves the forbidden and it shows all the way through my eating habits! When I outlaw something it ends up being the ONLY thing I want to eat for the next month. Hopefully I find that having self-control is really a learned thing that comes with practice

Lakilaulea Awesome on the activity! Sounds amazing. You definitely inspire me

GettinFit I feel you on the headaches, I thought going from regular pop to diet pop would be enough but I recently decided that (duh) switching to water as often as possible would be the best move. Since the switch I've been having all kinds of withdrawals including headaches and nausea. It's the worst feeling but nothing that can't be undone with a little training

I just finished logging my meals for the day and am astonished at how quickly the calories add up.. and this isn't even my first time counting calories! I've put it out of my mind for far too long. I ate breakfast this morning, as I did yesterday. I'm going to have to find something new to eat though, eggs every morning is going to get dull fast, not to mention there are probably many nutrients I could be getting that I'm missing out on. I've already missed 2 workouts this week, which means I can't keep my goal of 6 workouts for the week; however, they were due to long, physical days at work so I don't feel too bad about it. And with that, I'm off to do my workout for today!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 10-17-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #99  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies,

Xriotgirl - I hope your headache is getting better. I gave in to sugar again yesterday so I'm starting over again today. We can do it!

I pulled out my Beck book today because I just don't feel like I'm in my groove as I was for the past 3 months. Seems like after I got back off vacation, I've not been where I need to be. I did okay on vac but after I got back was the problem and then last weekend, I had to bake cakes for my friend's party. It's like once I get a taste of the sweets, I lose control. The Beck Solution seem to help me get back to where I need to be. So far today, my eating has been okay.

Have a great day everyone.

B: orange, WW string cheese, coffee w/creamer
L: baked chicken breast, asparagas, 1/2 C red potatoes, SF pudding
S: 100 Cal YoCrunch Yogurt, Jolly Time 100 Calorie Popcorn
D: SmartOne Santa Fe Rice & Beans, 1 Serv Tortilla strips

Last edited by GettinFit; 10-18-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #100  

Last night did 48 minutes on the Tread Climber and then went to Aqua Fit. Got home pretty late, so had a bowl of Special K with 2% milk for dinner. I plan on doing about 45 minutes on the TC again tonight and that's it (today is my easy day LOL). I'm finally starting to notice a difference in my belly; it's not protruding as much and my pants are getting much easier to put on.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #101  
Stay Focused & Committed

So far so good for me today. I've been fighting off the urge to snack though. I am lacking sleep this week and I realize that's why I want to snack, because I need sleep. I also realize that food will not help the situation so I WILL NOT eat. It's so crazy that when I'm sleepy, tired or thirsty, my body thinks that food is the answer.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #102  

I told my manager today that I've recently started watching my weight and he bought me a salad for lunch haha. Sad but also awesome, it really helped me put my eating habits into perspective. 200 calories for a meal! Today's been a good day for my diet, lots of water and light foods. Working out is a little tough today but I'm committed and if nothing else I will get in 15-20 minutes of calisthenics later on tonight.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #103  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! Hope your weeks are going well. Today I had a planned cheat meal out to dinner with my mom. It was a special treat, Thai food, my favorite! I had a fresh roll, a couple steamed dumplings, my favorite Panang curry and some of my mom's cashew shrimp. I am absolutely stuffed! But I am working on not feeling guilty for special treats like that. I want to have a healthier relationship, I mean it's just food, I shouldn't feel bad or angry for occasionally indulging! Atleast that's what i'm trying to tell myself lol. I also didn't exercise today. I'm going to stretch and maybe do some glutes and squat work later if I feel like it. Back on track tomorrow!

Happy almost Friday!
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #104  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Hi all,

GettinFit, I agree that being tired leads to snacking. There's that short term energy burst from the sugars/carbs and, for me, the act of eating is soothing so it offsets the stress of being tired. So let's both resolve to get more sleep!

AlisaPearl, I too enjoy the occasional indulgence. I think it's good to make them planned, though. Then it's a deliberate decision and not an impulse or a compulsion.

xRiotGirl, paying attention to calories can really be an eye opener!

Lakilaulea, I looked into the Tread Climber. How do you like it? It sounds like you get a lot of use from it!

Sunnyside, I'm with you on the chips. That first bowl is just me fooling myself, it's never going to be enough!

I had a good day today. I had an early vet appointment that went well (both kitties' ear infections are gone), I ate well, and I left work early to take advantage of the nice weather to do an hour jog/walk. And then I took a lovely nap!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #105  

I had a salad for lunch and I just don't feel satisfied I think it's my boredom-hunger talking, but I'm prepared to stifle it if I REALLY can't see past it by dinner. I bought some Pop Chips yesterday to try, and I quite like them. I really wanted to buy Skinny Pop, but the store was all out! Boo.

Anyway, I'm here trying to distract myself. Did 45 mins of cardio after breakfast. And hey, I lost another pound! Success Also, some good news, my sister has decided to adjust her diet along with me. It's going to make things much much easier for me going forward since it means I won't have to watch her eat all of the things I wish I could be eating haha :P But I am so glad to hear that she's trying to be healthier!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 10-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.