Challenge for the nerds! Walk to Mordor!

You're on Page 11 of 14
Go to
  • 3/05~ 5.0 Miles
    3/06~ 4.2 Miles

I'm walking on the Rolly hills!

Hobbiton to Rivendell: 458
    Traveled: 23.7
    Remaining: 434.3

Hobbiton to Mordor: 1779
    Traveled: 23.7
    Remaining: 1755.3
  • I'm just building up my running base again so it means very short runs... at least I'm doing something! I converted everything over to km since I'm Canadian but I've only done 20.29k since starting the challenge which means I'm between the birch grove and Stock road.
  • 3/05~ 5.0 Miles
    3/09~ 4.5 Miles
    3/10~ 5.6 Miles

I just hid from the Black Rider and have now continued on the road…

Traveled: 33.8
    Remaining: 424.2

Traveled: 33.8
    Remaining: 1745.2
  • This is way belated, but I am in. I know this is crossing overe into the Hobbit (an equally epic journey, and perhaps even longer) but I carry my key to the misty mountain wherever I go. Thank you for opening my world to this wonderful way of thinking about a simple step in my personal journey to a healthier life!
  • Welcome NetherfieldNerd!!!

3/11~ 4.5 Miles
    3/13~ 4.4 Miles

Moving into the dense woods!

Traveled: 42.7
    Remaining: 415.3

Traveled: 42.7
    Remaining: 1736.3
  • Hello all venturers. May I try and catch up to you all on this wonderful journey? I am counting the miles for this month (not from the start of the year... tho if I could I would be close to Kiml1214's camping spot)

I am 18.29 miles in and at camp (1st day per the book)

Hobbiton - Rivendell = 458
    Miles traveled = 18.29
    Miles to go = 439.71

I think its time for 2nd breakfast!
  • Hello fellow (shippers)

Only did 1/4 miles walking my friends dog. I had hurt my right foot arch. Tomorrow I get back on the forest path and try and catch up
  • I have traveled up and down the rolling road 2.5 miles...
    The road has been safe and sound tho today it is wet with the rain
  • 03/14: 4.5 miles
    03/18: 4.1 miles

I'm within the belt of trees...

Traveled: 51.3
    Remaining: 406.7

Traveled: 51.3
    Remaining: 1727.7
  • I managed to wander around under the sun dappled trees for about 1.75 miles. ahhh the smells
  • ahhhh my little hobbit feet; they just don't go as far in the short walking time. Only 2.75 miles on the road... Sigh... I hope I get to Rivendell before winter ( )
  • ahhh Had to take 2 day stop over for the 90 degree heat YUCK Not looking forward to Summer

This little Hobbit has made it to the rest stop and can see Woody End across the river. Ah the adventure begins soon, for now time to stop, rest and eat 2nd breakfast
  • ahhhhh made a nice 2.5 mile walk along the road. No other bad travelers today so no evil afoot LOL. Total 30.75 for the month.... Trying to get in 40 miles... but will be happy with 35 miles. I get more miles in everymonth. Need to get new hobbit feet
  • 3/29/2013 Hello fellow travelors... Time to get back on the road to Rivendell and I need to hurry as there are Black Riders in the area.. OH NO Mr. BILL LOL Need to scurry
  • Missed a few days of traveling,. Musta been the Farmer Cotton's mushrooms Opps did I say that? LOL Traveled 1.6 miles (total 34.85) down the road. At least I am closer to Rivendell than I was a month ago.. Hoot Hoot Tho I need to pick it up a might...