Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I had a good first day. Not enough water, but MUCH better than previous! Was 54 calories under limit, which is great. Here's to day 2!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #17  

Obsidianbbw
When I have TOM I feel as though I am starving and all I want to do is eat.
That is another struggle that I have to overcome this month.

Steph
One of the difficult times for me at work, are those delicious potlucks.
you are right, it is a good time to practice moderation.

SunnySide
It helps me a lot to read other people's successes, it motivates me to stay on track.

I made it through my first day of not eating any sugar or junk food. And there was a huge temptation to buy chocolate, last night, when I went to the store, espeically since I was hungry. And going shopping hungry is a big No No for me. But, I resisted the temptation and I am happy that I did.
littlebumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #18  

Enygirl

I also made it through day 1,and it feels great.
I hope that each day gets easier, until eating healthy and exercising is a habit.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #19  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone

Welcome - Enygirl. Your goals for August are great. Try not to think of the 88 pounds you want to lose but take it in 5 or 10 pound increments and it won't seem so overwhelming. Congrats on having a good day yesterday

Welcome - Sunnyside - We're glad you stopped lurking and decided to join the challenge. I wish you much success this month. You can do it

Obsidianbbw - Glad life is good for you and I hope you have a great August too. Just ignore that little metal monster for a while. I know just how you feel. I've been weighing daily and it can be so frustrating. I keep telling myself that I'm going to put it away and only weigh at the end of the month.

Steph - Congrats on your loss this week. You are getting so close to your goal. Hang in there at the BBQ and just don't go overboard. Be sure to add up your calories as best you can. YOU CAN DO IT

Littlebumblebee - Congrats on surviving the chocolate and making it through the day strong. Yes it will get easier

Last night was the worst night that I've had since re committing last month. Those ugly thoughts of binging came back last night and I wanted to eat something even though I'd had a filling dinner. I fought with those desires and I'm happy to say that I DID NOT give in. I looked deep within to determine WHY I wanted to eat because I wasn't hungry. As it turned out, I was really thirsty. AFter I drank a large glass of crushed ice & water and chewed a piece of Extra gum I was good! I was so excited that I survived that without giving in to over eating. I'm hoping that the next time this happens, it will be easier to get through.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #20  

GettinFit

I can completely relate to what you experienced. My struggle with food, I have stopped myself a few times and asked myself why did I want to overeat when I was not hungry. And worst than over eating when I was full, I would eat a food that I did not enjoy!

Now, I am being present when I eat. I stopped eating in front of the television, and I stopped nibbling while reading. I am focus on what I am eating, why I am eating and what nutritional value the food offers.
I am doing my best to take it one day at a time.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:58 PM   #21  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I went shopping with my parents for a fridge. They took pity on us and are going to give us a certain $$$ to buy a new one. I went over their $$$ but we will make up the difference. This one in black, plus meat drawer and icemaker. http://www.sears.com/kenmore-18.2-cu...&blockType=G10

Knit Night tonight. Hubby made it to NYC around 5pm. Way later than he was supposed to arrive, then had to train some people and give a test. The hotel he's in is next to a garbage treatment plant.

Welcome to the new people. Glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I'd like to join again this month. I did great last month until we took a mini vacation. This month will be great!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #23  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Happy Friday!

Tyla - Welcome back! I hope you have a great August too!

littlebumblebee - We just have to stay strong and continue to be mindful of what we put in our mouths. We are going to have a great month.

So far all has been good for me. Yesterday I was under my calories for the day but I will do better today. I know that not eating enough is not a good thing. I have company coming in today but I am going to stay in control of my eating while they're here. I will up my calories from 1300 to 1800 on Sat & Sun so my week should balance out okay. This morning I got up and did my workout before work because I know once I go home with all the excitement in the house I won't get it done. My plan is to get up early tomorrow before everyone else and do a workout. Making it through the weekend OP is a big deal for me and if I do it, it will mean so much to me.

I hope you all have a great weekend and I will check in as often as I can.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #24  

I have been sugar free for 2 whole days! Yipee.
It was a struggle, but the reward of feeling good about any accomplishment
keeps me motivated.

Penguin
Enjoy your new fridge.

tyla
Here's to a great new month!

GettinFit
Staying organized is an important factor for staying OP. And you are very
organized. Pre-planning the number of calories that you will consumed, is important to staying OP. Good luck, and have a great time with your visitors.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #25  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

Thanks for your kind words GettinFit and littlebumblebee!

I had a good day yesterday. I ate sensibly and walked after dinner. Today I'm heading out and going to purchase 12 lb dumbbells and going to start lifting at home on Fridays (I have a strength training class on M and W's).

Tonight we are having pizza. I'm aiming just to have 2 slices (here's hoping!) and going to make a small salad and drink water with my meal. Also I'm watching my calories like a hawk for the rest of the day.

A couple hours after I'm going for a power walk and going to try my best to make it 2.5 miles. I've been averaging just under 2 miles this week.

Last edited by SunnySide99; 08-03-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Added more info
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Feeling great, cuz I'm back on track!

GettinFit, thanks for the welcome back. Best of luck to you this month!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #27  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I did okay at the picnic yesterday, but still ate too much. I hate going to bed feeling full, so I did 40 minutes on my recumbent bike when I got home. I know it didn't offset the extra calories but it made me feel better, physically.

Another off-plan day today (lunch with a friend and we splurged on dessert) and perhaps tomorrow as well (a luau) but that should be the end of the social eating for a while. I've had a good week otherwise and am feeling pretty good.

I went to the Talbot's outlet store today and bought a bunch of fall dresses. I fit into a size 10, which was my goal when I got serious about losing weight last summer. So, yay!

GettinFit, I didn't buy the Beck workbook because one of the reviews on Amazon said I could just use the book and my own journal. I figured I'd give that a try first. I should get the book next week, so I'll let you know how it goes!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #28  

We ordered the fridge but they can't go get it untill the 8th. I'm not a happy Penguin!

It rained all morning so its horrible outside. The temp is 82* but the humidity makes it feel like 92*, even if it is still overcast.

Hubby gets back home late tonight
Old 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #29  

I am so happy, that I have been to the store twice and left without being any junk food! Yahooo! Which makes it a lot easier for me to stay OP.

Sunnyside
Your plan sounds great. Aiming to have 2 slices of pizza is a good goal, but even if you have extra, make sure you count it and stay OP and keep moving forward. I admire that you can lift 12 lbs dumbells. Maybe someday I will be there too.

tyla
I too feel great, for staying on track even if it is only my day 3.

Steph
Yay! on the size 10 goal that you reached.

Penguin
I hope your fridge is safely delivered so that you can be a happy penguin.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #30  

Hubby made it home at 9pm last night but still had to go into work at the regular early time today. He's tired, jetlagged, and working though a headfog but hanging in there. Poor guy.

According to the thermometer we put in the fridge its working better but still above the standard 40*. I don't trust it, so I keep slogging out to the garage, at least I have that option.