Old 07-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #91  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 33 min of interval cardio. I really prefer steady state but this was kinda fun.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #92  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I had a pretty good day today. I did a couple of hours of gardening, 20 minutes of cardio, and 60 minutes of lifting. I stayed within my calorie budget, too.

Penguin. I hope your FIL gets out of the hospital soon.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Stayed within my calorie range, even though we went out to lunch. Also did a 30 minute dvd.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #94  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Happy Sunday!

The last two days haven't been so good for me but I am determined to get it together and get back on track and get rid of at least 20 pounds before I go on vacation in Oct. I pulled out my cruise clothes and in order for me to fit most of them, I need to lose at least 20 pounds. I am just going to keep trying til I get the weight off.

Great job Sarah, Tyla & Steph! You are doing an awesome job! I hope I can have a 100% OP day today.

Penguin - I hope your FIL is better.

Have a great day everyone!
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #95  

FIL seems to be much better. A lot of his tests came back borderline, but he seems to be retaining fluids since they added another diuretic but its summer so everyone is pushing fluids so no one gets dehydrated. We'll have to wait for the rest of the tests.

Speaking of retaining fluids I'm down 1.6lbs overnight!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

The last few days; Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I have stayed on plan, lost a little weight and am excited about the upcoming week.

Last edited by MariaS; 07-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #97  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello Ladies,

Maria - Great job on a successful weekend! Keep up the great work.

Penguin - Great job on your 1.6 too!

Mine wasn't so good but today has been good. I am sick and tired of going back and forth and up and down with this weight! I want to be able to lose it for good. I really need to deal with why I have such an addiction for junk food. Today I am revisiting my Beck Diet Solution book & workbook. I'm sure that will help me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #98  
Optimistic cynic

Gettinfit, Beck is based on CBT, right? I'm looking for some new strategies, as my motivation regarding my eating has been waning. Is there just one book or is there one you would recommend for a newbie? I'm a calorie counter, if that matters.

So, of my 3 goals, all I've been successful with is the weight training 3 times a week. I'm very good at sticking with my exercise goals (I've logged almost 1300 minutes this month already) because I enjoy exercising. The problem for me has always been the "eat less" side of the equation. Aargh.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #99  

FIL got the rest of the test results. He has congestive heart failure. They are putting him on another diuretic and something else, but we get the feeling that there's not much they can do, especially considering his after-stroke condition. He is home from the hospital at least. More news after we've had a chance to talk to MIL again.

My parents took a short trip up to St Louis over the weekend, they came back to find the new downstairs AC has stopped working while they were gone. So they are trying to get the company to come fix it SOON!

Then my Sis emailed Dad a picture of their backyard. A sewer pipe broke and they had to have it fixed, incliding the yard dug up etc. $6,000! Ack!

Other than the above we had a nice weekend just hanging out with each other.

Steph, I got a lot of help from the Back book. What is CBT?
Old 07-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #100  
Optimistic cynic

penguin, yikes! That's a lot of goings-on for one family.

CBT = cognitive behavioral therapy. I've heard good things about it. I'm an avid watcher of all the hoarder shows (I have a wee bit of a compulsion to acquire stuff myself) and that's one of the few therapies that seems to work with hoarders. Since my overeating is a compulsion like hoarding is, I think a similar therapy might work. I'm off to Amazon to check out the Beck books!
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #101  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Steph - Sorry I didn't see your question yesterday. Yes it is based on Cognitive Therapy. This time I am going to try and follow the whole program all the way through. I bought the book and the workbook in 2010 and once I got going good with my weight loss program, I put the book down.

Did you lose all your weight by calorie counting? Yesterday I tracked calories on My Plate instead of tracking Points just to see which is easier for me.

Penguin - Glad your weekend was a good one overall. Hope you have a great day!

Yesterday was an OP day for me. Last night I did Hip Hop Abs and I got in a 15 min walk at work. I just gotta lose some weight so I can wear my clothes on the cruise. I WILL NOT buy any larger sizes!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #102  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
Hello Ladies,

Maria - Great job on a successful weekend! Keep up the great work.

Penguin - Great job on your 1.6 too!

Mine wasn't so good but today has been good. I am sick and tired of going back and forth and up and down with this weight! I want to be able to lose it for good. I really need to deal with why I have such an addiction for junk food. Today I am revisiting my Beck Diet Solution book & workbook. I'm sure that will help me.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Thanks!

I know exactly what you mean about going back and forth with your weight and being addicted to junk food. Dealing with this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do but I will never give up and I hope that you don't either, that's all we can do, keep pushing forward, starting afresh every day
Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #103  

I stayed on plan yesterday by sticking to 1680 calories, actually I was a little under.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:35 PM   #104  
Stay Focused & Committed

Great job Maria!!! Yep I refuse to give up too. I know I will get there eventually if I don't give up. It seems like everytime I get about 20 pounds under my belt, I fall off course and gain some back. I just need to stay focused and not let anything derail me anymore. Today I am feeling so fat and frumpy and I HATE feeling this way. It seems like all my weight is going to my middle area now and I absolutly HATE it.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #105  

I did 45min of interval cardio plus the weeks laundry.

Steph, I liked to watch Hoarders until one moved in next door! but that's another story!