Old 07-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

Stay close to 1500 calories per day ~ I think I was a little under yesterday, I went to a 4th bbq and I'm not a fan of bbq food, so I didn't over do it.
Exercise for 30 mins per day ~ Swam with the kids for several hours in the pool yesterday, I'm sure that had my exercise covered for the day.
Post here daily for a check in ~ Here!
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #47  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Tyla, Guacamole & Maria - Congrats on a successful day yesterday and on all the activity! We're all doing so good and I'm so proud of us Let's keep it going.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 188.2/tracker/155

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday was kind of a crazy day, so I didn't get to work out as much as I wanted to. I wanted to go on a walk when I got home because the heat had finally started to go away a bit, but I ended up not getting home til 2 am. I managed to stay right around my calorie goal even with all the cookout food. I'm hoping to get in a good walk today or maybe some zumba if it is too hot out.

I'm glad you guys had a good 4th!
Sarah1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #49  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby left for NYC today. He had a brief layover in Detroit so the joke is he could try both Chicago and NY style pizza in one trip. My parents took me out to lunch, which was nice and broke up the day a little. The neighborhood kept up the fireworks until 1am then Hubby got up at 5am, so I got up with him for a few minutes, then never got back to sleep. Sigh. I did manage about an hour nap this afternoon.

I did 50min of kettlebells today and 40min of cardio yesterday.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Ate within my range and I just got finished doing my weights and cardio. Even got my hubby to exercise with me! I really hope this shakes things up a bit, since I plateau very easily.

GettinFit, thanks for the encouragement!

Let's keep going>>>
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:44 AM   #51  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Did 60 mins of cardio yesterday and stayed in my calorie range. Did okay with the sugary snacks, so not a bad day.

I'm wearing a new dress today and feeling very stylish.

Good work, everybody!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #52  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies,

Steph - Congrats on your new dress and congrats on your losing 85 pounds!!! How did you do it?

Tyla - Way to go on getting that workout in. I hope you don't meet up with the plateau monster.

Sarah - Great job on staying within your calorie goal with the cookout food. That can be challenging.

Penguin - I hope you were able to catch up on your rest.

I'm still sugarfree and doing good. I got up before work this morning and did a Turbo Fire workout because I know I won't want to do it after I get home. Today should be pretty easy for me to stay OP but tomorrow will be challenging. The group going on the October cruise are getting together at my house to go over the details and I'm planning to serve snacks. Since we're all trying to lose weight, I'll make healthy things but I did want to make a light dessert too. Since I'm not doing sugar, I will need to resit having any. I am determined to stay strong and remain sugar free!

Have a great OP day everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 240/240/169

Height: 5'9"

Talking Goals for July!

1. Avoid refined sugars and gluten the month of July and make protein a bigger part of my diet.
2. Goal weight by July 31st-220.
3. Exercise in some form every day for at least 30 minutes, whether it be Kinect, swimming, walking, hiking, or biking.
4. I plan to check back at least every other day to report on how I am doing.
seakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #54  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Well...I have not remained sugar free! I had a chocolate chip cookie bar and some gummy bears. Why? Well, it is TOM, so maybe I can use that as an excuse? I know that's lame.

On the upside - I weighed in at 152 this morning and hubby and I did a 4 mile bike ride in 90 something degree heat. It's 105 degrees and counting now, so I'm glad we got that exercise in this morning. I have been staying within my calorie ranges - did well with no added sugars yesterday. We'll see how the weekend goes - I always go off kilter there!

Nice to see everyone sticking to goals and modifying as needed. Good luck!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #55  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I'm off the rails this evening, really feeling like going on a binge. And for no particular reason, I just want to eat. So far, I've limited myself to a big bowl of Amy's Organic Cheddar Bunnies (less salty than goldfish) and some raspberry M&Ms (made by the devil!). I'm hoping that posting here will be the end of it.

GettinFit, I've been calorie counting for just about a year now. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months and thought it would be easy-peasy to lose the rest, but not so much. I lost 20 pounds in the next 4 months (not bad) and then 5 pounds in the last 2 months (not great). So now I'm wavering between being content to lose the last 15-20 slowly and worrying that I'll never get there.

Okay, I am officially sick of my own whining! I'm going back to my book - Gone Girl. It's quite compelling. I hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 240/240/169

Height: 5'9"

Ugh. I didn't stay on goal today. Just got back from dinner where I had a burger with a non-gluten free bun (you know, plus the burger, etc.) AND a cocktail. Fail. Tomorrow is another day. Thank goodness I got in over an hour of swimming in.
seakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Didn't feel well all day. No stamina. Maybe it's the heat. But I managed to stay within my range and do a little walking. So far, this morning I feel a lot better. I hope I stay that way!

Have a great weekend, Everyone!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #58  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 227/156/149

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like the summer is hitting a lot of folks' momentum. For a variety of reasons, I have been indoors for nearly three days. We went to the art festival last night and the fresh air, even if it was sweltering. I have had a crummy few weeks OP and turned the corner yesterday. I am focused on just getting through today. If I start thinking about the rest of the year, rest of the month, I get overwhelmed. I CAN handle getting through today. We will go to the farmers' market, have some quality couple-time and I will track everything and exercise.

I LOVE Jillian Michaels, and I have had great results w her DVDs, when I stick to it. The DVDs are tough and demand a lot of patience - she is a v good leader, cuing and inspiration and all, if you like her chatty 'tough love' style. I am looking into Insanity and Turbo Fire, just to mix it up a little. However, if you like circuit training, give it a try.
Cheers to all!

Last edited by princessbgirl; 07-07-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: update
princessbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #59  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Did I not post yesterday?

Hubby comes home today. He's been busy teaching so has had no time to site-see. My eating hasn't been as good as it could have been but I haven't been eating everything in sight as comfort as I have in the past. So I can claim a little progress. While I was cleaning house yesterday, I dropped the vacuum cleaner on the arch of my bare foot, despite the icepack it left a bruise and hurts a little. Any excuse to skip a cardio workout. And I'm up a few lbs but its TOM so hopefully they will disappear next week.

SeaKat, welcome glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 188.2/tracker/155

Height: 5'5"

Well yesterday I ended up not having internet access so I didn't get a chance to come check in. I stayed within my calorie goal both days, but again because of the heat I wasn't able to do my walking. I did get some swimming in on Thursday and worked on Friday. I work as a CNA, so I am constantly walking around and lifting people, so I count that as a workout. I sometimes even sweat more at work than I do on a long walk. Today so far I have done pretty well, the challenging part will be the temptation to drink my calories tonight.

I hope you all have a good Saturday!
Sarah1321 is offline   Reply With Quote