Old 07-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #31  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Great job Tyla on such a good day yesterday. I'm with on the heat thing. I'm ready for fall!!!

Mia - I hope you have a great day today. You can do it

I went out to lunch today with a co worker and I am happy to say that I stayed 100% OP and sugar free! She wanted to split a slice of key lime pie but I told her NO!

Today's Journal

B: V8 juice, 1 oz cheese, coffee w/skim milk
L: Baked white fish, asparagas, spinach, water w/lemon
D: Hamburger patty w/peppers & onions & 1 sl cheese
S: Almonds
Exercise: Turbo Jam Cardio Party

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-03-2012 at 07:21 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188.2/tracker/155

Height: 5'5"

I know I'm a little late, but I just found this site a joined today! I would like to join this thread. I have had a lot of trouble being accountable lately, so hopefully this will help!

My goals are:
1. Eat around 1200 calories a day for the rest of the month.
2. Stay away from processed food.
3. Instead of cheating and eating all my calories in one sitting, spread my eating out.
4. Walk >1 hour 4 days a week and start some strength training/toning exercises.
5. Check in here every day to stay accountable!

My goal is to be 165 by the time I go back to college on August 20th. I am currently right around 186, so hopefully this site will give me the motivation I need!
Sarah1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #33  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 40min of high rep, low weights today

But then I ate 2 brownies with icing. I'm a bad Penguin. I am planning a healthy dinner so that will help a little. And NO snack tonight.

Sarah, welcome, glad to have you join us.

Gettin, good job resisting the pie.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Everyone is doing so fantastic!

Confession time - I went for ice cream with my family last night! However, I think it's appropriate to go with my family as opposed to making a special trip by myself and gobbling down the ice cream in "secret" in my car. It's all about the behavior and motivation.

I went for about a 40 minute walk today and did some free weight arm exercises. Does anyone have any video recommendations for free weight exercises for the arms?

I am clocking in at 950 calories right now - saving some in case we go for a treat before or after fireworks tonight (we go on July 3rd). I feel full, though, and am snacking on some blueberries and ice water right now. I could actually stop eating for the day and feel fine - so if we don't get a treat, I'll just bank the extra calories. It's all good.

Happy July 4th!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #35  

Mia and Guac, These are a few I've tried and will recommend. The last link is a search of Collage Video of Beg/Int weight workouts so you can check out the whole list. I usually order from http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/default.asp Hope this helps.

Kelly is one of my favorite instructors http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...tart-here-6097

Dated but also a goodiel high rep low weight http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...l-1-and-2-5848

I don't have this one but I've heard good things about it Plus the workouts are short, but uses a band. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...-powerfit-5681 The instructor is nice, I do have some of her other workouts.

Another favorite of mine. 2 30min workouts 1 upper body one lower http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...-sessions-6000

Good overall workout. Light weights http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...ody-toner-7926

uses dumbbells and bands Separate UB and LB workouts http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...sexy-body-7892

http://www.collagevideo.com/exercise...yes&level3=yes

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #36  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I did okay today - granola for breakfast, cheese/crackers/applesauce for lunch, an Atkins bar for a snack, and a piece of lasagne for dinner followed by a WW raspberry & dark chocolate bar. Still too high on the sugar, but a little more controlled.

I tried out the DVD that came with the stability ball I bought over the weekend (to use with some physical therapy exercises I do) and I could barely do any of the exercises. I'm even more unstable than I thought! I just felt awkward and ungainly. The New Rules of Lifting book has some stability ball exercises in it that I'll do instead.

guac and Mia, the New Rules book is really good and has a lot of good exercises. You don't have to do the full program to get some benefit from it. I'm going to start incorporating it into my long-standing weight lifting routine. It's definitely a high weight/low rep program, though.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 258/209.2/145

Height: 5'4"

Stay close to 1500 calories per day ~ Could have made better choices but didn't go over my calorie limit.
Exercise for 30 mins per day ~ Walked with the kids today for 30 mins.
Post here daily for a check in ~ Here!
MariaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #38  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Just a quick check in this morning. Glad to see everyone doing good. Keep up the great work.

I did a 2.5 mile walk this moring and I plan to do a Firm Sculpt DVD later today. I did good with my eating yesterday and plan on having a good day today. Still no sugar but this morning I had a piece of fruit and I'll be having blueberries today as well. I had some sugar free flavored creamer in my coffee too. This is probably not a great choice but I just have to have it in my coffee.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

MyJournal

B: V8, 1/2 oz cheese, coffee, water
L: Turkey on Rye w/tomato, blueberries
D: Salad, RF dressing, feta cheese
S: nuts, peach, nectarine
Exercise: Walked 2.5 miles,

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-05-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #39  

I got my bread dough together this morning. FIL's Bday is tomorrow but that's the day Hubby has to leave so we are planning to stop by tonight, after I bake off the bread loaves. I know a woman who's sister just died from cancer so I'm knitting her a Prayer Shawl. I'll see her next week so I'm trying to finish it by then. Cardio for today.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #40  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 227/156/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Happy July 4

Sounds like everyone has planned well for the 4th.

Yesterday, I ate FOUR bakery sized cupcakes. I was v sick at the end of them. They were delicious and I don't think I will be eating cupcakes for a v long time. I tracked each of them and did 80 minutes of Jillian, so while I still recognize that I totally overdid it, I am back on track. Today will be easier - wonderful hub made us a v healthy breakfast - we took a long walk and will have a simple lunch w his mother.

Have a safe and wonderful 4th!
princessbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 188.2/tracker/155

Height: 5'5"

Well yesterday I did ok. I stayed under my calorie goal, but I had a handfull of chips that were just calling my name. I did some new pilates like exercises and today my thighs are yelling at me for it. I also went on a walk, but it was only for about 20 minutes because it is so hot here, even at 9:30 at night.
Sarah1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #42  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I did okay today - ate a light breakfast and lunch so I could splurge on dinner.

Now I'm just waiting for the fireworks to end so I can go to bed!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #43  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies

Princess - I hope you got the cupcakes out of your system and yesterday was much easier for you.

Sarah - Way to go, getting in your workouts in this heat! As long as you worked the chips into your plan, you should be okay. Hang in there.

Steph - Great job on your good day too! Hope you enjoyed the fireworks.

Penguin - How are you today?

My day went very good yesterday. I've been sugar free since 7/1 and I'm feeling so good. The scale is being really good to me and I'm finally back at 20 pounds down. Now on to 25 down.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Today's Journal

B: Breakstone Cottage Cheese double, coffee w/ SF creamer
L: Hamburger patty w/peppers & onions, salad w/light salad dressing
S: Cuccumber w/laughing cow, peach
D: Turkey on Rye w/lettuce, tomato, mayo & cheese
Exercise: Ab work (Gotta start working harder on this area so I can wear a swimsuit on the cruise in 3 months)

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-05-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I thought I posted here yesterday, but apparently I posted on another thread. I justed wanted to say that I stayed within my calorie range and exercised the last couple of days, in spite of the holiday.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July.

GettinFit, congrats on your weight loss and being sugar-free! Excellent!

Last edited by tyla; 07-05-2012 at 11:55 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #45  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone!

patch - thanks for all of the video suggestions! They look great. You are the queen of exercise DVDs!

I went for a 6 mile bike ride this morning, and am doing ok on my calories so far today. I weighed in again at 153. TOM is in full gear...ugh! I'm glad the cramps didn't hold me back from exercising today.

Hope the rest of the day goes well. Good luck, everyone!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote