Old 07-01-2012, 06:02 PM   #16  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Hi may I join your sugar free July challenge. I will update my progress on Fridays.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirlie View Post
This link helped be kick sugar. It's a lecture. Maybe it might help you. Good luck.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
This is wonderful! I am watching the series based on the video now. It's so amazing and makes me understand some of the problems I've had much better.
CurvyNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #18  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Curvynerd- what is the series called? I'm very interested for sure! Hope everyone is continuing to stay strong!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Curvynerd- what is the series called? I'm very interested for sure! Hope everyone is continuing to stay strong!
The Skinny on Obesity
Old 07-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #20  

How is everyone feeling this morning? I woke up with a horrible headache and mild nausea. I know it's because of withdrawals from the sugar. Please be prepared to have some problems. They will mostly depend on how much sugar we consumed. I am prone to headaches anyway but I'd forgotten that this can cause them. It's like any other addiction. We will have withdrawal symptoms. Here's a link that'll help you understand what's happening and how to get through it.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 AM   #21  
Just watch me ...

Good morning

I'm feeling great. That was an interesting article on sugar withdrawal, CurvyNerd. But I disagree with using sugar substitutes. Better to eat some fruit, or put some fruit in a blender with milk, water, soy milk, whatever you like to drink. As we learned yesterday from the you-tube presentation on the evils of sugar, whole fruit with the fiber is good for us. Natural sugar in it's proper packaging has vitamins and minerals that we need. So, unless a doctor has said 'no fruit', I say 'fruit'.

Today is day 2 and I think week one will be the toughest of the weeks to get over the hump but this is a great idea and we will be SO much more healthy come August 1st Thanks for getting us together
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #22  

I agree with you on the sugar substitutes. I can't have them anyway because I am allergic but I meant to put a note when I posted the link for everyone else. They are awful for you. The writer was looking at it from a caloric standpoint. I am glad that they at least said to use Stevia but it's still not a good idea to me. Fruit has the fiber you need and is going to fill you up. I had a few cherrys last night for my evening snack and they were so sweet! I think a little artificial sweetener will just make you crave more. Especially if combined with refined flours like in a diet sweet.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #23  
Just watch me ...

MMMM I haven't had cherries this season yet....and we forget about all of the antioxidants and other good stuff in fruit....plus, it's so pretty

Here's to an excellent day 2!

Last edited by Exhale15; 07-02-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #24  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning everyone.

CurveyNerd - I also woke up with a headache this morning. This usually happens to me when I stop eating sugar but it goes away in a couple days. I am determined to make it through another day. I hope you feel better too.

Exhale15 - Congrats on surviving your trip to CVS and resisting the sugary treats.

I hope everyone makes it through day 2 okay.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #25  
Just watch me ...

I just got back from the grocery store. Picked up chicken breast + diced tomatoes for the slow-cooker. THERE WAS SUGAR EVERYWHERE! Calling my name....things that I wouldn't even consider, except now I have pledged to not eat them.

But I stayed strong and am smiling as I write this
Old 07-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #26  
Stay Focused & Committed

Way to go Exhale15
Old 07-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #27  
Just watch me ...

Much appreciated, GettinFit
Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #28  
Just watch me ...

OK, day 2 completed as intended

Stay firm in your convictions! We can do this
Old 07-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #29  
Stay Focused & Committed

Day 2 completed for me too and I did a 45 minute walk.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 PM   #30  

Congrats everyone!!!

I am just eating dinner at 11 p.m. but I'm within my calorie goal for the day and NO REFINED SUGAR today! I went to Panera Bread for lunch with a friend and had a salad and soup. Oh the smell at the counter full of sweets almost had me ordering those for lunch instead. I even tried some fruit flavored unsweetened tea but it was awful. I had my bottled water in the car though so I was good and hydrated in the heat.

Two Days Sugar Free