Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #46  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Penguin - I'm sorry that you're not losing. I know you have been so diligent with your exercise. Maybe you could try changing things up for a while. Maybe a few days of low carbing/low sugar and then slowly ease back to your plan or maybe try Weight Watchers to see if that works for you. Changing up your exercise might help too? If you've been doing your DVDs why not try to get in some brisk powerwalks. No matter what you do though, don't give up. The loss is coming.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 137/..ticker../99

Height: 5'1"

Hello everyone,
This challenge is just what I needed to keep me motivated! Especially since I just had ice cream... Well tomorrow will be the first day for me.

1. Lose around 11 lbs
2. Exercise 4 days a week
3. NO BINGE
4. Calorie cycle but nothing more than 1200 calories
5. Eat only healthy food even if I have extra calories to spare
6. Cut my carb and fat intake by 80 %
7. visit this thread daily and report my progress

Hope everyone has a good month and meets their goals! We can do it!

Last edited by Angelsmom; 04-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Angelsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #48  
Maria

S/C/G: 253/144/129.8

Height: 5' 6"

I had the most completely ridiculous day, today. Every tiny, unimportant thing that happened went wrong. I missed the train, then I got another one and I didn't get off on time, I forgot all the stuff I needed for my e-cig at my house and that's not even a quarter of it. Seriously, even now, I'm sitting here, trying to type and every time I write a letter, I select a few letters or words and I erase them and I have no idea how it's happening! And now my brother brought me a bottle of water and he removed the cap for me and he didn't tell me and I poured all over my bed. And now I got disconnected from the internet. Oh, God! I'm laughing and crying tears of rage at the same time. I don't even know. I didn't exercise (no time, I've been traveling all day), but I almost ate all my calories. I made crappy choices, though. But I really needed that chocolate spread.

I hope the rest of you are doing much better!
Marniadec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #49  
Stay Focused & Committed

Angelsmom. Your goals are great and I hope you have an awesome month.

Marniadec - I hope tomorrow is a much better day for you

I had another great OP day. I stayed within my WW Points for the day. I'm ready for tomorrow.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #50  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning

I'm ready for another great OP day! I now have 4 days of being POP Right now my mind is in the right place and I need to stay here. Whenever I get an urge to binge or over eat I really need to stay focused and not give in. I am determined that by the end of the year, I'll be at 170 or below.

I hope everyone is having a good week too!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #51  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal - 4/5/12

My Journal

Today's weight: 218.8

B: WW Oatmeal (3), 1 serv skim milk(2), Kiwi (0) coffee
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer Lemon Garlic Chicken & Shrimp (6) WW bar (2) Yocrunch (3)
S: Almonds (3) yogurt (2) mango (0) tangerine (0)
D: TBD (9pts)

Last edited by GettinFit; 04-05-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #52  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Yesterday I ate 1318 calories and went for a lice 30 minute constitutional with a colleague. My toe was hurting by the time we got half way 'round, so we ended up skipping the last 1/3 of the loop, and of course we were walking way slower than normal, but it was nice to get out again.

We'll try again today, and this evening I get to meet my new personal trainer. I'm a little nervous.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #53  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey all

i've got eggplant parmesan on the menu for tonight. i've heard rave reviews about this dish and i've been dying to try it. hope it's yummy!

breakfast was 1/2 of a pb/banana/chocolate smoothie (about 16oz) as well as an english muffin with pb and jam. i was full up until about 20 mins ago when i started pulling out all the goodies for dinner. so, lunch time it is, and i think i'm gonna cook up a chicken breast and shred it, then use it on a wrap with some spinach. nom nom.

hope you all have a good day!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #54  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Gettin, thanks for the pep talk!

knobhdy, I've been sick for the past 2 weeks but I try to get in 45+ a day either weights or cardio. I was really on a roll, then spring came and my allergies went nuts.

Angelsmom, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Mandy, i discovered a few weeks ago that if I put 'anything' on a tortilla & call it a wrap, I feel like its decadent and I'm cheating. Crazy thing to discover about a person who makes her own bread!

Hubby and I talked about his acid reflux and my weightloss and are trying to come up with a plan that fits both our needs. We both want to stick with the Plant Strong way of eating.

It rained this morning, now the sun is shining but there's another storm on the way. I plan some cardio later. My Bible study runs until the end of the month, and while I've enjoyed the study, I'm ready for a break.

For those of you who Cal count what do you do about making your own meals??? I NEVER go 'as is' by a recipe, I don't weigh or measure anything, do the same thing the same way twice in a row, and I have a hard time reading labels. I used to cal count and keep thinking I need to try it again but it was such a PAIN for me!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #55  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

i found these wraps by ole - xtreme wellness they are high in fiber (12g), low-ish carbs (17g - low for a tortilla!), and only 70 calories apiece. they are perfectly soft and just a little chewy. i use them instead of bread about 90% of the time. so good.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #56  

Gettinfit and penguin thanks for the welcome!

B: apple and low calorie hot chocolate with sweetener
L: 100 g of grilled chicken breast and about a cup of yogurt
D: a carrot and some coffee
Calories: 650 calories
I'm not feeling hungry today which is a little weird! No exercise today I had plenty of housework to do.

Good luck to everyone. Stay motivated!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

It's the fifth now, but I would love to join. There arent 30 days left in April for me (and since I messed up yesterday I cant prorate my start) So 25 days on plan!!

1. Count everything (I'm a new calorie counter)
2. Stay with in my calore range of 1200-1500 calories + 1/2 of my excercise calories can be added back.
3. Limit my alcohol too 4 drinks a week (My husband and myself have friends who almost always get together with wine involved. I know alcohol is terrible for weightloss, but I am not ready to give up these social outings and sometimes they are twice in a week. So two glasses of wine each time)
4. Lift weight 3 times per week.

I'm excited for this challenge, especially staying in my calorie range.

Last edited by wannaBfitnessbuff; 04-05-2012 at 03:14 PM.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:17 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Gettin, thanks for the pep talk!

knobhdy, I've been sick for the past 2 weeks but I try to get in 45+ a day either weights or cardio. I was really on a roll, then spring came and my allergies went nuts.

Angelsmom, welcome, glad to have you join us!

Mandy, i discovered a few weeks ago that if I put 'anything' on a tortilla & call it a wrap, I feel like its decadent and I'm cheating. Crazy thing to discover about a person who makes her own bread!

Hubby and I talked about his acid reflux and my weightloss and are trying to come up with a plan that fits both our needs. We both want to stick with the Plant Strong way of eating.

It rained this morning, now the sun is shining but there's another storm on the way. I plan some cardio later. My Bible study runs until the end of the month, and while I've enjoyed the study, I'm ready for a break.

For those of you who Cal count what do you do about making your own meals??? I NEVER go 'as is' by a recipe, I don't weigh or measure anything, do the same thing the same way twice in a row, and I have a hard time reading labels. I used to cal count and keep thinking I need to try it again but it was such a PAIN for me!
Penguin, I calorie count and at first it was a little frustrating,but this is what I did, I wrote down the calories of my usual foods or ingredients on a notepad. That way it's much easier to check the calorie count. I've been doing this for a month and I pretty much know the calories for everything I eat now ( at home)
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

Penguin- I am a new calorie counter. So this is coming form no expert. I cook most all my own meals. Only way I feel sure I am getting healthy foods. I bought a digital scale for about 20 bucks and it has been a great tool. I put a bowl on the scale and tare it (I didnt knwo this when I bought it but the tare function is invaluable). Then before I add ingrediants to my cooking I weigh it in the bowl in grams. If i am chopping veggies or something I can keep just adding to the bowl and tare it as I put stuff in. Then I dont even have to take the bowl off and empty it between.
I use the recipe part in "myfitnesspal" And just add the ingrediants that I have weigheds and put in the number oof serving and voila I have my calorie and nutirent counts. The hardest part is figuring the servings. When I use a recipe I just use the amount it says it should be and then I have the measure what 1/4( for example) of the recipe is. Without a recipe (I make lentil stews and veggie chilis without a recipe all the time) I figure I will have to just measure how many cups etc are in the finished batch.
Hmmmm.... It jsut aoccured to me I can use may scale and just meaure the weight of the total and then measure out my serving by weight? That would be easier I suppose.
My hope is that with practice this will get easier, when I know how much is in thing I hope to eventually be able to eyeball more things and have accurate guesstimates. I feel that probably wont come till maintence, quite frankly I dont want to have to bust out the digital scale and measureing cups everytime I eat for the rest of my life. But I suppose that a possibility
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #60  
Stay Focused & Committed

to the challenge wannaBfitnessbuff. I hope you have a great month and are able to make your goals. Just take it one day at a time. I usually have wine on the weekends too but I try and go for red wines. They're dryer but have less sugar & calories and I still lose weight.

Angelsmom - Glad you're off to a good start too! I can't wait to see how we all do this month.

Penguin - There are lots of free calorie tracking sites that make CC easier. I've used Livestrong's My Plate and Myfitnesspal. Even though I track my WW Points in eTools now, I still use My Plate sometimes to track my sodium.

I've had a great day so far, In fact, the afternoon went by so fast that I didn't even eat my afternoon snack of yogurt & almonds