Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #46  
mar

Hi nharden, welcome! my goal is to lose 8 lbs. This month too. Hopefully we can support each other. Everyone on here seems really supoortive and encouraging. If u don't mind me asking, what diet r u working?
mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #47  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome Aubrey and nharden - glad you could join us! I added you both to the goal list below.

Steph: YAY!!!! Congratulations on getting into the 140s!! I hope the scale stuck at that lower number for you!

sun: I always feel like I shouldn't place as much emphasis on the scale as I do, but it IS always so motivating to see it go down! I am with you on feeling like I can do anything when that happens.

All In: I'm so sorry, both about the pain as well as any potential longer-term issues. If it makes you feel any more hopeful, a burst ovarian cyst in and of itself doesn't usually impact fertility; it's the chronic conditions (PCOS, or endometriosis) that are sometimes more difficult with regards to fertility. I hope everything with the ultrasound goes smoothly; I'll be thinking about you, and please let us know how things go.

Updated March Weight Loss Goal List:

sun: Get to 169 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
InControl2Day: Get to 125 lbs
madison27: Lose 8 lbs
DaugT: Lose 10 lbs
gardenerjoy: 14 days under 76.4 kgs
All In: Lose 12 lbs
konfyoozed: Lose 8 lbs
PrincessSophia: Get to 139-140 lbs
loose seal: Lose 6 lbs
chickadee32: Get to 147.6 lbs
hhaffner: Lose 8 lbs
wtfudge: Get to 148 lbs
Fria34: Get to 180 lbs
Steph7409: Get to 148 lbs
jessicado22: Get to 229 lbs
celrae: Get to 225 lbs
mar: Get to 205 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 8 lbs
Aubrey87: Get to 158 lbs
nharden84: Get to 210 lbs
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #48  
August 2013 restart

S/C/G: 248/229/139

Height: 5'2"

Allin, thinking of you as well! I hope all goes well with your ultrasound. I have 3 relatives with the same issue, and none had fertility issues. I hope it's the same for you!

Chickadee that dress is gorgeous!!!!

Weekly Weigh-in this morning for me! 2 pounds down!
Was hoping for a solid 3, but have been feeling the bloat and cramping of TOM coming on the last few days, so I am thrilled with being down 2. Usually I shoot up 5 pounds, get mad about it and eat my frustration away! Did the total opposite this week, so I am proud of the choices I made!

Starting: 242

6th - 240
13th -
20th -
27th -

Last edited by DaugT; 03-06-2012 at 08:17 AM.
DaugT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #49  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

Back up to 151 this morning, grrrr. Still, I'm hopeful I'll be firmly in the 140s by the end of the month.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 232/-see ticker-/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar View Post
Hi nharden, welcome! my goal is to lose 8 lbs. This month too. Hopefully we can support each other. Everyone on here seems really supoortive and encouraging. If u don't mind me asking, what diet r u working?

Hi Mar!!! We most definitely can support each other. To be quite honest, I haven't been on diet. Just slowed my eating habits down significantly! One thing I admit doing is fasting (for spiritual reasons) on occasionally, and that has greatly helped and ceased my emotional eating with was the cause of my over eating.

I'm know that if I was more active then I could possibly lose even more than that. But taking it one day at a time.

How about yourself? What diet are you choosing to do?
nharden84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #51  
mar

Hi nharden! I am doing something called the bead diet. Its real name is accuweight i believe. Anyway its a harsh diet but the potential results r amazing if u can stick to it. So far I've successfully completed day 3 and I'm really proud of myself. P.s. I'm an emotional eater too, lol.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #52  
mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharden84 View Post
Hi Mar!!! We most definitely can support each other. To be quite honest, I haven't been on diet. Just slowed my eating habits down significantly! One thing I admit doing is fasting (for spiritual reasons) on occasionally, and that has greatly helped and ceased my emotional eating with was the cause of my over eating.

I'm know that if I was more active then I could possibly lose even more than that. But taking it one day at a time.

How about yourself? What diet are you choosing to do?
I know if I would b more active I could lose more too. Every night I tell myself I'm gonna get up a half hour early in the morning and get on the treadmill but I just can't seem to do it.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #53  

Height: 5'10"

Hiyas! I'd like to join, I want to lose about 5 pounds this month and to really start working out a lot more (I've been slacking off lately). Good luck everyone with your goals
ashori602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 266/259/140

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the thoughts and the hope everyone! It sounds lame but I have never wanted to be anything but a mommy and even the slightest chance that I might not be upsets me. Hope I didn't sound too much like I was throwing a pity party!

On a brighter note I am down 2 lbs for the week and am at 257.2! Expecting a great loss this week as well and hopefully will be able to get back to working out when the pain stops! Find out tomorrow what is going on!

Thanks again for the support everyone! It's nice to vent to people online when I really don't want to upset my family until I have a reason to!!
All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #55  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

[B][chickadee/B] it so not easy to not be affected by the scale! Lol when I see 125 on it I will not be so affected by it lol
daugtwoohoo! Way to go on those 2trees lbs

steph don't you just hate it when we go up instead of down? Just keep going and you will get there!

allin I know what you mean about wanting to be a mom. I am a homemaker and have a daughter with special needs and for different reasons I can't have more without it being high risk. Its rough to know you might not have kids. Hugs and kisses.

So ladies I had pizza for dinner and my weight went up! Boo! Stupid water weight(I hope) gonna keep at it!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #56  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Daug: Congratulations on the 2 lbs AND the good choices! Doesn't it feel awesome to take control?

Steph: You WILL be firmly in the 140s soon, but I feel you! I spent two days at 148.4, then jumped back up to 149.5 lbs. Still had a 1000+ calorie deficit each day, and did nothing different than usual. Sigh. I just want to lose consistently again like I used to! I'm not sure how to make that happen, because what I've always done just doesn't seem to be working anymore.

ashori: Welcome, and I've added you to the goal list below!

All In: Not at all. I am presently struggling with infertility, and so I understand all too well how it can make you feel when something is wrong that has a possible impact on reproductive potential. Please vent whenever you need to. And congratulations on the loss this week!!

sun: Eat a banana to help kick that sodium!

Updated March Weight Loss Goal List:

sun: Get to 169 lbs
Jester: Lose 8 lbs
InControl2Day: Get to 125 lbs
madison27: Lose 8 lbs
DaugT: Lose 10 lbs
gardenerjoy: 14 days under 76.4 kgs
All In: Lose 12 lbs
konfyoozed: Lose 8 lbs
PrincessSophia: Get to 139-140 lbs
loose seal: Lose 6 lbs
chickadee32: Get to 147.6 lbs
hhaffner: Lose 8 lbs
wtfudge: Get to 148 lbs
Fria34: Get to 180 lbs
Steph7409: Get to 148 lbs
jessicado22: Get to 229 lbs
celrae: Get to 225 lbs
mar: Get to 205 lbs
CaliforniaDreamer: Lose 8 lbs
Aubrey87: Get to 158 lbs
nharden84: Get to 210 lbs
ashori602: Lose 5 lbs
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies! Thanks so much for the congratulations and words of encouragement about fitting into the dress....

But there has been a bit of a change now, lol.

So...whole reason that we moved the wedding in the first place is we found out I was pregnant. I was determined to not be a fat pregnant bride and so we decided to wait. Five years later and we FINALLY set the date for the wedding. I have been sitting down and planning my diet, exercise plan, bought a gym membership, etc -- all to make sure I can fit into my dress on the big day.

And then this morning I woke up with sore boobs. Last time that happened, I was pregnant. I thought --that can't be right. Must be hormones from all this working out. Then realized I had some spotting last week. So I went and bought a pregnancy test and the results were freaking positive!!!! I am only 3 weeks along (hello valentine's day vacation)...but I'm going to have positive thoughts and tell everyone now instead of waiting the standard 3 months. I have no patience anyways.

We tried for over 2 years to get pregnant with no results. And with my extremely irregular cycle, and some issues with the first pregnancy, I was pretty much told not to expect anymore kids and had come to terms with that. Mostly...I think as much as you can. So this is just the most amazing wonderful news. Still, I am finding it extremely ironic that it happened the same freaking week I finally decided on a date and paid for reservations for the wedding. We are going to stick with the planned date now (July 28th), which means I will be about 5 1/2 months pregnant. Not to mention that I'm not going to focus on losing weight now....so no way in **** my dress is going to fit, lol. LMAO.

I feel kinda bad posting this as I know there are a few women on here battling fertility issues (best of luck All In on your test BTW!), but I decided to because I wanted to let people know why I was changing my goals and also because I have been there. Before my first daughter was born, I was told straight out I couldn't have kids. When I finally did get pregnant, it turned out I had a dermoid attached to my ovary, which had been causing so much havoc. (The dermoid was basically created by my body trying to make a baby all by itself. It had hair follicles, teeth, ear cartilage, etc. Basically I was trying to make my own mutant baby). So the fact that I got pregnant the first time was a miracle the doctors said. Dermoids are pretty rare to begin with like that, and pregnancies while they are there are unheard of. And again with the last 2 years of trying, and then a year of just not using any prevention, I had given up again...and yet here we are again! So don't lose hope

Okay...so back on track. I'm pregnant, which is INSANE. Wedding plans are going to change dramatically, lol. And no more dieting at 1200 calories for me. I still want to continue working out though as much as I can. And eating healthily, so perhaps maintaining will be my new goal instead of getting under 230....life is full of surprises!!!!!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Okay, since apparently I'm having an "all about me day!" on here, chickadee--your new dress looks amazing! And I'm glad yours actually fits....the one on the model looks like it is going to fall off of her, lol. But I can tell if it was form fitting, it would be really cute

And again All In, good luck this week. I totally understand how you feel. Growing up all I wanted to do was be a mom when my friends would talk about their careers I just imagined kids. So when I was told I couldn't have them I was devastated. I hope you don't have to hear that news ever! And chickadee--I hope your outlook improves too. Just so frustrating overall... :hugs:

Mar -- I hear you on getting up. I always end up working out really late at night. Like 11...which I know is the worst time. But I can never get up early, and then the whole day just flies by. Still I think any time of the day is better than none!

nharden84 -- I have done a few fasts and loved the ones I was able to make it into. I have quit so many times at day 3, but the few times I made it past I felt so great! So rewarding. Just wish I could remember that feeling when I am craving crappy food....emotional eater here too!

Welcome all the newbies!

Last edited by jessicado22; 03-07-2012 at 01:56 AM.
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #59  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

jessicado22, congrats! Good luck with the pregnancy.

I'm still at 151-ish but I'm sticking to the plan, more or less. I'm doing okay with my calorie budget but I'm eating too much of the off-plan food that's always here at the office. I have to remind myself that eating a salad for dinner doesn't really make up for having 2 pieces of pizza for lunch and then two of the scrumptious dessert bars that came with dinner. I know I'm getting tired because of working so many hours, and that makes it harder to resist temptation. 6 more weeks - gah.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

I made my goal of 164 today!! yay!! -1.8 from last week.
Next weeks goal is 162.. I'm really going to have to push for this one.. Headed on a spa get away with my mom tomorrow and friday so it'll be harder for me to watch my eating habits.. but I will try my best and get as much exercise in before I go as possible!!
Yay!
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote