Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #331  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5ī4.5

Girls, I am so ashamed, Im not sure if I am going to weigh in tomorrow. I was off all week and didnīt even care. I feel disgusted with myself and really ashamed. It was my Birthday, Easter and my 1st Anniversary, and my husband is deployed and I am all alone in this country where I really donīt know a lot of people, so I sat home and ate.....and ate....and ate. Where as I should have been exercising. It rained all week and I was stuck in the house with food. I feel like a disaster.

I am really thankful I go to work tomorrow and am going to kick it in high gear this week and come back.

Should I face the scale and weigh-in, or give my self off for this horrible week? Im torn.

I hope yáll had a great holiday and stayed on plan....

On a side note, are people losing interest in this challenge? Because only 4 people (including myself) weighed in this last week.

Last edited by lovemydoggiesx2; 04-08-2012 at 03:21 PM.
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry your having a hard time lovemydoggie, try to pick yourself up and keep going. I didn't get to weigh in last week as I was in the hospital but I will definitly this week.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #333  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Well I have been off since I found out my sister was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks ago ... it isnt that I have overeaten, just not cared what I have eaten and not gone to the gym ... sigh .. Tomorrow is another day and I am going to start again as I think I have put back on everything I have lost in this challenge.

My sister is in for another scan tomorrow .. and it is the scariest one as it will tell us if there is any hope or its too late ... no result or answer til Wednesday though ... but I will be busy this week anyway as on a positive note I got a promotion at work and am now managing one of the other stores in the region .. first day tomorrow.

My next weigh in will be Friday ... I havent even gone near a scale since the first week after my sisters initial diagnosis (I thought it was breast cancer ... but its melanoma ) and I had already gone up 2.3 pounds ... so wont look again until my next weigh in as I dont want to get even more depressed about things this week.

But I will be back .. promise .. I read all the messages (as they come through in my email) and I think everyone is doing fab .. even when having a down week.

I know that we are supposed to be trying to work out tools to help us get through the tough times instead of turning to our friend "food" ... but sometimes its a matter of working through it instead of fixing it outright and stressing your system out more.

Hugs all those that are needing them.
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #334  
Sarah

Nightkatt, Im so sorry you are going through a hard time, and understand taking a break from the diet regime. Thanks for sticking with us though.

As for me, I bit the bullet this morning and weighed in at 163.4. That is a 4.8lb gain for me this week....uggggghhh. I am back OP this morning and will kick *** this week and want a 5lb loss. If I can gain it this fast I can lose it too. Plus, I have my marathon in 2 weeks so it is training crunch time!!

Good luck to all you ladies!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #335  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi all, I've neglected this challenge the past few weeks, but just got around to updating all of my data now, so I'm back up to date.

I'm still losing a little each week (0.75lb this week) so barely anything, but I know that one day all of these little losses will have added up to my goal weight, and I can't wait! Previously when weightloss has slowed down I've got disheartened, but not this time, I'm focussing on my fitness, have signed up for a 5K on May 20th, am doing lots of gym classes and the couch to 5K, and mainly making good but most importantly REALISTIC food choices. Doing it this way, I really hope it'll help me to stay slim forever once I finally get there!

So sorry to hear about your sister Nightkatt, it really puts everything in perspective, right now you have to do whatever you need to for your family, and we'll all be here when you come back. Your sister is in my thoughts.

Lovemydoggies, a marathon, wow! I have always wanted to be a distance runner, but it comes so so unnaturally to me! I hope to manage this 5K, and then from there, we'll see! Well done on jumping right back on and being positive about this up and coming week, well done

Hello to everyone else, keep thinking slim
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Happy Monday everyone!

I'm trying to be my upbeat chipper self, but it doesn't seem to be working today. I worked my butt off this weekend doing a big landscaping project which involved moving almost 5 yards of rock this weekend. I was totally off on my food, but thought because I was working so hard it would be a wash.

Well this morning I'm 2.5 pounds up from where I was Friday! Yikes! How can you gain that much in three days! So I'm feeling a little discouraged. I know it may be only temporary yada yada yada, but that 2.5 pounds is a months worth of hard work for me.

But as down as this has gotten me I am still not giving up. I'm just going to work on being on plan & maybe be closer to where I was by my weigh in on Wednesday.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 261/168.6/145

Down 1.4lbs. I have finally been able to go down a size in jeans!

I hope everyone has a good, on track week!
Tontus94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #338  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Hey, everyone!! I've been AWOL because I've been in kind of a funk and it's my tendency to hide out from 3FC when I'm not doing well. But that never gets me anywhere, so I'm forcing myself to stick around and get back on track with the challenge.

Last week I kept going over my calories by a few hundred, which still left me below maintenance, but then I'd still see a bounce the next day and get all mopey and frustrated. Last Monday I was at 282.2 and was too disappointed and discouraged to come enter it, but I'm updating the sheet now to keep my timeline accurate for when I look back.

I hope the others who seem to be in a similar rut will come back and stick with the challenge! We still have half the time left, and I think we should be so proud of what we've lost so far, even those like me who are not quite where we hoped we would be by now. No one is at a net gain since the challenge started, which is something I think we all know is a victory!

Stlrsgrl, you seriously rocked this week! I did a double take at your loss!

Tontus, congrats on the size! That's the best feeling.

kandd, hang in there It completely sucks when you work hard and expect a drop. You'll make it up, though!

takingcontrol, congrats on signing up for your 5K!

Sarah, sorry about the bounce. Good job on committing to a week of ***-kicking, though

Nightkatt, I'm so sorry you're going through all that. I'm really impressed that even though you're having a rough time you're thinking about your health.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #339  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Okee I have updated my weight chart for last week when I last weighed myself... trying to find a positive the only thing is at least I havent gone back over the 300 again .. close though .. so will see what this week will bring.

Tomorrow we find out the news about my sister .... tonight has been hard .. its the waiting that is the worst part .. but we are holding on to the hope that it hasnt spread so there is a chance for something to be done ...

Huggies and thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #340  

Hello everyone. Hope you're all staying on plan & kicking butt. (Sarah)

I'm starting to get my positive attitude back & I know I can do this. It just seems like one step forward & two steps back sometimes. But when I look at the bigger picture I can see my weight is going down. Slowly. But it is going down.

So hang in there ladies, you can do this too!

Kim
Old 04-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #341  
Sarah

Thanks Kim! I am kicking a@@• this week. I thought If I could gain 5lbs in a week I could surely lose it too! And itīs only Friday but I am down 6.4lbs!!!! I could die, Im not sure what has happened, but something has kicked into gear. Today for the first time in a very long time, I felt skinny, all day!!!

I think about you girls many times everyday and wish you would update more. I have said this before, and I will say it again, I donīt feel like I could be doing this good without yīall!

Canīt wait to see what weigh in on Monday brings!! whoot whoot!!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Paradisefalls, TY, I wish I could take all the credit but I was in the hospital for a few days and the food was horrible so I picked alot, but a loss is a loss. I don't look for that big of a drop again although it would be nice.

On a side note, I have lost 38 pounds since I started calorie counting in the middle of Jan. Up until a couple weeks ago I felt really good, alot of energy, happy, just a good mood all around. After a few days in the hospital, I came home and this sudden wave of depression just hit me like a ton of bricks. I am still trying to get out of the funk. Has this happened to anyone else in their weight loss journey. I really don't know why it happened but I have been staying OP and trying to get back into my workouts at the gym.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #343  

Sarah, wow! Losing 6 pounds in one week makes it sound like you must have been retaining a lot of water. But I'm sure there's a lot of hard work too.

I ended up losing back the weight I put on last weekend, but it went so fast I'm thinking it's water too. Now I'm down .2 from where I was two weeks ago. Ha! Heck I'll take it, plus I don't weigh in officially until Wednesday.

Stlrsgrl, your numbers are so impressive. It is so encouraging to see you stick to it & continue to lose on a consistant basis. Of course I'm a little jealous of your big losses, but very happy for you.

I think I've figured out why it seems like I gain a little over the weekend. During the week when I'm working I eat 5-6 times a day. But during the weekends I rarely eat until lunch & then dinner. Almost never anything else. So while my calories are where I want them to be, I'm not spreading my calories around & may be sending my body into starvation mode.

I'm going to try to eat a little better this weekend & see if I keep my momentum going.

Have a great weekend everyone,
Kim
Old 04-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #344  
learning to love myself

S/C/G: 295/ticker/169

Height: 5'10

I noticed a change for the first time since the weight loss began! Might be the new haircut but my face looks slimmer! I can see some of the mrs. piggy going away (that's how I think of it when it's all puffy)

lovemydoggiesx2- Awesome job! Way to stay on track and get the weight gain off plus some!

stlrsgrl43- I'm just coming out of a funk (which is why I haven't been posting and have been kind of hiding out) .. I had to do something to refocus myself. I looked at my "before" pictures and gave myself a hard look in the mirror (at all the changes I still have to make) and had to remind myself why I'm doing this. It's hard but I'm glad I could fall back on some of the support systems I have from this site. I'm still trying to talk myself back into working out, I have no choice since I have a 5k soon. Sometimes setting a goal and paying for it like I did with the 5k back when I was motivated forces you to keep at it..

Last edited by Kay7jay; 04-13-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Kay7jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #345  
Sarah

How much water do we retain????? haha because now Iīm down 7.2lbs this week!!! I have no idea what is going on. This has never happened to me before. I am eating my normal 1200 calories, and drinking 2 coffees with cream and sugar, 1 diet coke and lots of water everyday. I have worked out 3 times. I feel SUUUPPPEERR happy, but am confused.

I hope there is more where this came from. I guess I need to be really careful too, because if it is just water, I donīt want it back.

stlrsgrl43- has lost 38lbs since we started! That is out of this world, and something huge to be celebrated.

We are half way there ladies, what do you think about posting some progress pics?