Lot's of great mini goals being posted.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Jeanettey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #77  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Default Black OPs Challenge

Goodmorning Troops,

I watched the Biggest Loser last night. Found it very inspiring. I want to know if anyone is interested in doing the Black OP's challenge again?

Let me know.

Until then...

Drop and give me 20!!!

Last edited by SARG; 01-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.
SARG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #78  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Not sure yet if I will join a new Black Ops but I am ok with creating an new spreadsheet for it if needed.

Edit: One thing... people who sign up have to promise me they stick around because it is really a no fun to see everybody dropping out :-((

Last edited by josey; 01-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #79  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Holeeee cow, I knew this place would be hoppin' again come the new year but I didn't expect it to be this hoppin'!

Welcome back to all the old familiar faces....glad to see you around again.

Reso, that pup is too adorable! Those eyes!

I picked up a fitbook yesterday. It's a 90 day journal, so I have to work on breaking down some of my longer term fitness goals into a 90 day achievable and extend some of my shorter goals into a 90 day achievable. I had to bite my tongue really hard when the jock girl working at the fitness store was clearly assuming that I'm part of the hoard of new year's resolutioners just starting out. She made multiple comments about how important it is to start small and how good it is that I'm starting with tracking BLAH BLAH BLAH. I didn't want to waste time correcting her, but she annoyed me.

We also picked up some ice skates for DH yesterday, so we're planning on heading out today to do some skating. There are outdoor rinks a short walk from our house. Hopefully the hockey players won't be out during the day so we can get on the ice!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #80  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I had brought up black ops over the break and didnt hear much but since we are more active now maybe.

I was wondering if maybe we wanted to try a different format. I felt bad that some people who had great losses got eliminated on one bad water gain week while others (namely me) skated along by just not being the worst each week.

Maybe something like everyone stays in but biggest loser of the week gets a bonus and lowest loser of the week gets a minus and at the end its used to determine overall winner. Like.....say 0.25 lbs. So if you win 4 weeks you get a bonus pound at the "final weigh in" and if you lose 4 weeks you have a 1 lb penalty. (although no show still is an elimination - but not for broken scales!)

I just think having people eliminated made it easier for them to drop out all together. It should just be a hurdle to overcome.

Also if we do it we need to celebrate the winner because I dont think the winner ever even got announced last time. Was it chick or rainbow?

Last edited by ennay; 01-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #81  
just do it!

Ooh, I think the "point" based Black Ops challenge could be really good. I agree with ennay's points about how things worked out last time. I would like to see it be something that people can stay in and stick with for the duration of the challenge, so long as they're reporting in weekly. Finishing what you started and all that.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #82  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Bonus pounds? How about bonus %? Somebody quite small would gain a lot more from a 0.25 lbs bonus than somebody heavier.

I will have to check how much work it is to set it up too.
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #83  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Bonus % works too. True

On the work thing - could use a shadow table with if max then +1 if min then -1 else 0 kind of thing for each week and just total at the end? My excel is clearly WAAAY rusty as I think I was an excel pro back when it was still Office '97 or something.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #84  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Afternoon troops! Kind of forgot to check in this morning...BAD SARGE!!! on that front but got the old workout in...still looking for part time jobs, and enjoy reading your posts!

So much weight lost in the platoon since last March...BooYAH to all of you of really stuck to it! I think we're off to a great start this year too. Saw some great mini-weight loss reports for the week. This old bag of bones is already down a few pounds this week too!

Keep going everyone!!!! Don't let the weekend sabotage all your hard work.

JayTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #85  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Ennay is right!

We never announced or celebrated the winner of the Fall Black Ops Challenge. I will do oversite of this one and make sure it gets announced when completed. There are some great suggestions being made as to how to improve the challenge.

In the mean time I think we owe Chick a great big "GREAT JOB"!

Chickadee won the Fall Black Ops challenge with a 13.65% loss.

Awesome Job Chickadee!!!

Josey - Thank you for volunteering to add the challenge to the spread sheet.

Everyone who is interested in joining a Black Ops challenge please say so. If we get enough responses maybe we could begin it with this Sunday's weigh ins.
SARG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #86  
just do it!

I'd like to participate in the new round of Black Ops please!

Chickadee - congratulations on winning Black Ops!! I'm sorry we didn't properly celebrate your victory earlier. You're kicking BUTT-er and taking names!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #87  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

I'm in for the black ops challenge! Sign me up please and thanks.
Tate 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #88  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

I'm pretty much wiped now, been going since work ended and that was an hour overtime.

Will have a salad before bed, tomorrow i have to stay busy, will probably do two walks, need to smash this fat again.

I do hope everyone is doing well.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #89  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Congratulations on your Black Ops win Chickadee!!!!!

I'd love to do it again. It was such a great motivating factor for me!

My goal for January is to lose 5 lbs or get into the 150's.
Sarati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #90  
Living the Life

Rise and Shine and Sweat it off!

Time to get crackin'.

Chickadee-Great job kicking butt on the Black Ops!!

Peanutt-I was looking at the FitBook a few months ago and it looked really good, but I already have a journal thing so couldn't buy another. Ha. Funny about the sales person. I was telling my husband the other day that even if I wanted to join a gym right now I'm would be kind of scared because of being stigmatized with it being January and all.

Reso-You got this, stay on track today!

Okay, go get them people. Veggies are our friends remember.
Cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote