Old 01-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Default WOW 2012, ♥ Valentine's Day and I love me!!!

Let's start 2012 off right!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #2  

OK, so I am Mavis (for those who wonder, no, not my real name, but the nickname I have always used here...) 45, irritated by that as I thought I was 43 last week until DH corrected me. Stressed to the max with a kid who has decided to take a break from college, but has no freaking job. Another who is thinking law school, can you say burnout times x2. A husband who has a job that stresses him to the max every day and a brand new board to deal with in an appointed position and 2 ****ty wah jobs of my own. Top that with 2 much debt and I am the sole caregiver for my 89 yr old FIL and you have a recipe for stressed out.

Regardless, this challenge is about carving out me time. My goal is to get back under 150 by Valentine's, right around 160 again, so I need to focus. Help me. Please.

W 100
E did the stairs 3x yesterday, 8th fl = 16 flights per time. Repeat today and running C25k on the dreadmill tonight, redo, for the 5th time I think. Whatever, doing it regardless because that's what I have time for
E OP, low carb, low fat and move thy ***. That's the plan
D Breathe, you are worth the work. Besides, if I break, who will take care of them.

I love you girls, you are my sanity. I do not have time for personals every day or sometimes even to check in, but will as often as life allows. Hope you are all still here. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Hi Mavis!

I'm Emily, soon to be 32 (eek!) on Friday, mom to three Connor (5), Desmond (3) and Darcy (6 months). I work full-time outside of the home and my hubs is an engineer and tends to have periods of travel and crazy hours. Before kids I was 135 lbs, with each one I gained and retained weight. Now that our family is complete there are no more excuses! I weighed in at 183.4 this morning...not good seeing as I was 176 in October. During this 6 week challenge my goal is to get back down to where I was this fall.

W - 100
E - Need to find something that I can incorporate into my day besides just walking
E - carbs ~100g/day (not successful today )
D - I'm taking 30 minutes before I go to bed to read, it's one my my great loves that has gone by the wayside since having kids
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #4  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

Hello ladies, ive been here before but due to holidays and my grandpa passing away i gave myself permission to self medicate with food and im almost back to my starting weight.
My name is Tiara im 23 gonna be 24 on feb 13. i live in Hawaii, and i work as a prep cook. i weighed in to day at a very sad 287.6. im disappointing i let myself gain so much back but enough self pity i will overcome this.
W 64
E none yet( im starting my healthy cooking then im gonna add it in.)
E portion control/ no starches/ sweets/ and soda.
D clean my room

Emily, your kids have grown from the last time i was on here.very beautiful.
mothermavis.. hi.. i was wondering if jeni is still on here?
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #5  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I'll join in too!

My name is Melissa? I just turned 42. I have two kids - 15 and 6. Married for 18 years. Valentines daynisnaspecial annioverry for dh and me so I want to feel great! and I am disgusted that I gained 14 pounds in 2 weeks over the holidays. I also skipped almost all formal exercise for the month of December, not good.

My goal for Valentine's day is to back to where I was before the holidays hit. 171.2 I should be able to do it because I didn't go crazy and I think I'm holding a lot of water weight from all the increased carbs.

I did great today. Hoping it's all back to normal for me, but the day befor yesterday I lost control and that scared the crapola out of me.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 01-03-2012 at 09:33 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #6  

Hi Emi! Happy Birthday!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #7  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

hello ladys I am ready for a new WEED challenge.. I have gained some weight and didn't really want to starting the new year, but I did so no need to dwell on it. I am going to try as hard as I can to stay on plan.

W- 16oz
E-walked 3-4 miles
E-I eat around 1500-1800 calories today
D-Ready to look on the outside, how I feel on the inside..
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #8  

Ti, Jeni has been MIA, her shift changed and her hubby had a new job, so thinking life got crazy, hoping she will be back for the new year!!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #9  

Tiara - welcome back! So sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know it sounds cliche but the new year is really the perfect time to recommit!

Melissa - Welcome to the group!

Barbie - I gained over the holidays too, nothing we can do about it but put our noses to the grindstone.

Mavis - thanks for the bday wishes, how is it I feel like I just got out of college and bam I'm married and have three kids - wish life would slow down!

Doing good today, work is busy but it keeps me occupied.

W - 100
E - walk, going to Tarjay to check out a kettlebells workout that's been recommended to me - does that count
E - OP
D - Get to sleep relatively on time tonight, getting sick!

Last edited by emiloots; 01-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #10  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Hi ya'll I'm new to the challenge. I'm Ashley, 26 yrs old, mom of 4 (9 yr old, soon to be 8 yr old and 1 yr old twins.) Married for 8 yrs. My highest weight was 318 back in Jan 08' and got down to 210 in June 08'. I maintained until I got pregnant with the twins and gained back to 268 so here I am

W: 110 ounces
E: 2 mile WATP
E: Made healthy choices even though its my twins' 1st birthday. I stayed away from cake!!!
D: Be proud of yourself!
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #11  
PRINCESS WITH A PLAN

Height: 5'5

w 70oz
e house cleaning..
e no starches, sugar and soda
d plan a trip...

Mothermavis.. thanks i was wondering where she was.
emily. thanks
barbie,ashley, melissa... hello

i personally weigh myself everyday. i know thats bad but it help me.. lol anyway i had good numbers today which started off my day right.
i must say going to bed content than over stuffed with food is a nice change.
TIARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #12  

Morning all!

Ashley, Happy Birthday to your babies!

W 100
E Stairs, 4th day of 48 floors although I have not stepped on the treadmill as planned
E OP
D Sticking with it
Old 01-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/*see ticker*/158

Height: 5'8"

New here. Last year I lost about 25 pounds and I've gained about 15 of it back . So now I'm back on 3FC trying to do it all again...and then some. As of this morning I weigh 197. I'm a 22 year old senior in college. Trying to lose about 25 pounds by graduation. My goal for January is ~5 pounds.

W* 96 oz (3 refills of my water bottle)
E* 20 minute walk
E* No seconds at dinner
D* Seeing 170 before graduation is a healthy possibility. I'm excited.
lluvyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #14  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

W: 120 ounces water
E: 32 minute walk (1.75 miles) and 30 minutes step ups on wii board.
E: Ate good but had more salt than normal also ate 3 lemonheads (not going to beat myself up about it could have been worse)
D: This is not a sprint it is a marathon.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Hi Mavis, emily, and Countrybarbie! Good to see you on another thread. Welcome to all the new people!

I'm Liz, a 29 year old single girl whose living on her own and working full time. I quit smoking in July of 2010 and started working out in Feb 2011. When I started I weighed 265 lbs. I am now hovering in the 208-206 lb range, so tantalizingly close to Onderland. Right now I'm working my way through the Ease to 10K program and generally choosing food I know is healthy and nutritious vs junk food.

It's the beginning of the year and I'm feeling in my stride already. Woot!

W- 80 oz (I'm on my last refill of my water bottle for the day)
E- 3 mile walk, 40 min legs & ab done
E- No eating after work
D- Wisdom is gained through honest reflection.
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote