Old 11-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #1  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Default "On-Plan Beauties" December Check-In ~ Anyone is Welcome!

Holidays, holidays, holidays...they sneak up quickly and then leave as quickly as they came. But this December, we don't want to be left with extra pounds! Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of December!

Our main goal at this thread is to remain ON PLAN (or OP for short) whatever our plans may be. Everyone is different. Feel free to join in! Whether you are a Weight Watcher, a Calorie Counter, a South Beacher, an Intermittent Faster, or anything else in between, it doesn't matter as long as you have some goals that you want to achieve!

December Challenge:

1. Stay ON PLAN through the month of December. Come here to the board if you feel like you are going to go off-course and need some support!
2. Set a weight loss goal only if you feel comfortable doing so.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to do some form of exercise every week.
4. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.

Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do so! Feel free to track your daily eating, daily exercising...anything you'd like! We are here for each other because we're all here for a common goal: to be healthy and happy!! Let's all have a great month!! WE CAN DO IT!!!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

I said this on last month's thread too but, thanks Emme for starting the Dec thread. I'm so looking forward to a new month!

I have decided my goals needs to be simple this month as I just really need to focus on being OP all 30 days, even Christmas!

DECEMBER CHALLENGE
1. OP 30 days
2. Continue meeting with my friend 2x for a good Body for Life lifting sesh. Add to it, 3X cardio. I have my bike on a trainer. I need to just DO IT! LOL
3. I will post every weekday and try to on weekends some as well.
4. Also, I need to be sure to get enough sleep. I can tell I do so much better when I'm rested and this has been a bit of an issue off and on lately.

Last edited by workinmom; 11-30-2011 at 12:10 PM.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

In December I will...
Daily Post food, exericse, and the 3 r's. Right? Wrong? Regret?
Move more, Sit less.
No eating unless I'm hungry! No emotional or mindless snacking!
Pay more attention to what I"m eating and doing.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #4  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Doing better today! Thanks for the support ladies

In December:
  • Daily Post of Calories (less than 1600), Carbohydrates (less than 100), Proteins (more than 100), exercise, and Penguins 3 r's (such a brilliant idea)
  • Work out BEFORE watching television or logging onto the computer!
  • Get a full 8 hours of sleep each night
  • Only ONE diet soda each day

Here's to Christmas and jumpstarting the new years weight loss
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #5  

Wed Nov 30
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
L= Old Venice salad, 1/2 Chicken Rustica Panini, 1/2 breadstick
s= Pumpkin fluff, 2 squares
D= Sweet Pot cas, green bean cass, dressing, cornbread
S= 6+ today's cookies {had to bake more for tomorrow's luncheon}
E= none~ spent most of the day sitting on the heating pad again. I did start the sweater Im knitting for Hubby for Christmas!

Right- having a starter salad and stopping when full at lunch

Wrong= Eating as many cookies as I did yesterday

Regret= thinking "I deserve cookies because I'm hurting"

I'm going to go soak in the tub again...
Old 12-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #6  
I am in control.

Good morning, ladies! Happy December! My goals for this month include drinking a ton of water, keeping up with my running 3x a week, and trying to focus on whether or not I am really hungry.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:27 PM   #7  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

My only goal for this month is to write down my calories daily and stay with in range of course Exercise is walking 30 miles and joining the gym as an award to my self for hitting that goal this month.
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:44 PM   #8  
I am in control.

workinmom ~ I like your goals. Especially adding in cardio and getting more and better sleep. That definitely helps me out a lot.

penguin ~ I'm with you on the emotional or mindless snacking...good luck to us, right?

tavvy ~ I'm glad to day is a better day for you! Mmm...diet soda...that's something that needs to be reduced for me as well...good luck!

losing4another ~ Welcome to the thread!! Those sound like great goals! I noticed your name...are you trying to lose weight to have another baby?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #9  
Just One Day!

Cals: 1800 (kinda weird that it was even...anyhow 200 over)
Carbs: 99 (phew..that was close)
Protein: 129 (not too shabby)
Water: 81 oz (and I had to force myself to drink it...was NOT in the mood for it today)
Exercise: 30 minutes of stepping (and man are my legs wanting a rest!)

Right: Eating an appropriate breakfast even though I woke up late
Wrong: Eating 2 reeses cups in place of my afternoon snack
Regret: Not packing my lunch the night before...in the morning rush I forgot my afternoon snack which ended in a peanut butter and chocolate fiasco!

I am pretty happy with myself today! I followed through on my goals with a minor calorie hiccup BUT I didn't allow that indulgence to send me off into binging mode! And I didn't park my butt on the couch when I first got home from work! If I keep it up for the next 30 days I am sure to lose something!

Penguin: I hope you feel better soon! Heating pads are a girl's best friend!

Read a funny quote today ladies::
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. - Mark Twain

Hope everyone had a great day one and has a great day two
Old 12-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #10  

Thurs Dec 1
B= 2 c milk, vits, toast/straw jam
L= Potluck luncheon, 2 sausage rolls. Itailan bread with pizza sauce/cheese dip, 2 crackers with chicken salad, strawberry cake
S= too many cookies {15?}
D= chili, cornbread
S= ice cream
S=cheese and craackers SIGH
E= none

Right= I had a good breakfast and sensible lunch for a potluck.

Wrong= Eating 'too many cookies' and not really fighting the urge

Regret= not fighting the urge, having ice cream later, then cheese/crackers

Tavvy, I like the quote.

Losing4, welcome, glad to have youi join us.

Emme, I hear you on the 'hunger' plan
Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM   #11  
I am in control.

tavvy ~ Nice work on not letting the hiccup turn into a full-fledged binge! Keep it up! I love the quote, too.

penguin ~ I hope you have a good day today!

I need to start watching what I eat a lot more closely, especially with the holidays coming up. I have been eating like it is going out of style, and I have been eating crap which just isn't good for my body. Ugh!!!
Old 12-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #12  

Much better day today...

Dec 2 Friday
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= stew, sweet pot casserole
D= 1/2 homemade hamburger pizza, 2 c cran juice
S= cutie oranges 2-3, coffee
S= 2 c milk
E= 25 very slow min on the treadmill + 30min mostly seated yoga- subbing spinal twist {my favorite} for the harder poses {down dog, cobra} to baby my back

Right= not eating without hunger, no sweets

Wrong = spending too much time sitting at computer. My favorite online source of workout DVD's is having a sale so I've been watching a lot of workout clips.

Regret= I'm thinking....

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-03-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #13  
Just One Day!

Ok, maybe checking in everyday isn't feasible for me...much too much to do to make it everyday so I will amend my goal to say at least every other day.

Anyhow! Yesterday was a victory for me
I wasn't able to count calories because I went out for lunch with my boss, but I am happy to report that when confronted with pizza, cheeseburgers, and even pie, I chose a salad loaded with meat, nuts, and cheese with the dressing on the side and a diet coke.
I did go a little heavy on the diet sodas yesterday (about 3) but also had 108 oz of water. I also didn't manage a work out, I would like to say I was too busy but I was just too lazy!

Today I am OP, already worked out and am heading out now with my DH to choose the appliances, wall colors, exteriors, doors, moulding, and other such things for our new home SO excited!!

Penguin-Awesome work getting back in the groove of things even though you aren't 100%! Having no regrets is really great!

Emme- Yea...the "holiday spirit" seems to include lots of "holiday calories"! And when it is cold it is SO comforting to cuddle up with a creamy warm something (whether it be dessert/soup/entree)! It's hard (for me) to notice everything that goes into my mouth and when I realize how many calories I gobble up without even noticing I get pretty peeved!

Hope everyone has a super great weekend! I know I will
Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #14  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies,

Wow, I really fell off the last thread hard, and with a thump! But the entire time I've been away, you (and the lessons you've shared) have been with me. When I look back on my 2011 one thing that I know was a positive was finding this thread! Here's to wrapping up this year on a high note!

My goals for this month are to
1. Exercise at least 10 minutes daily and
2. 5 servings of fruit and veggies daily.

There's other stuff that must be done, but I'm proud to say I have made these other behaviors (tracking intake, drinking enough water, meditation) into regular habits. Exercise and the veggie intake are still my struggle but I hope to overcome that this month!

Also, I did not do well this past thanksgiving in terms of staying OP but I want a different result with Christmas and NYE celebrations. I would love to say on Dec 31 I lost 8 lbs!

I have to run to brunch now - I'll be back to catch up with everyone. Thanks to Emme for starting this thread!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 12-04-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #15  

Sat Dec 3
B= 2 c milk, vits
L- 1/2 OV Chicken Rusitca Sand {leftover}
L= 1/2 Commisary 1/2 sand, 1/2 beans, few fries
D= Stew, dressing, 2 RR squares
E=none

Right - splitting sandwich with Hubby

Wrong- not resisiting the temptation of Hubby's fries

Regret= spent too much time sitting at computer

Sun Dec 4
B=4 c milk, vits, poptart
L= Jason's Deli Polla Mexicana spud, extra light ranch
D=stew, dressing, peas and carrots, cornbread
S= 2 Resses PBC
E= 46min treadmill {listening to new mp3}

Right= only 1 poptart, shared last bites of spud with Hubby so I wouldn't be too full, managed to save files off old mp3

Wrong= more sitting

Regret=

I bought myself a new mp3 player, Phillips Vibe 8G. Its not much smaller than the old one, has a readable screen, and Hubby can put all our music, my Cardio Coaches, etc without my having to mess with it too much; that feature alone was worth an extra $20 for the extra 4G.

My backside/ribs are better but some stablizer muscles and a deep glute are still sore.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-04-2011 at 10:34 PM.