Old 12-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #16  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

tavvy ~ It's ok if you can't visit us everyday...life happens! It's so great that you were able to pass on the greasy food and opt for the salad instead. It was full of good proteins and sounds like it was delicious.

Tricia ~ Glad to see you! Your goals sound really great...I wish I was more of a fruit eater myself. I know you'll have a great month this month!

penguin ~ I'm so glad to hear that you are healing ok. It sounds like you had a good weekend!

I think that GettinFit gets back from her cruise today, and I am excited to see her posts and hear about how her vacation was!

Nothing new to report here...I had a good weekend of eating and felt good about it. Here's to a great week!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #17  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good morning ladies, I'm back

I had a wonderful time on the cruise and I missed you guys. I couldn't wait to get back to posting here. I did so so while away. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I was a 6.5. I only ate until I was satisfied and not stuffed. Most of the time I took the stairs instead of the elevator and I worked out in the fitness center one day. I did lots of walking when I was touring and I danced for hours most nights. I havn't weighed yet because I know I' holding on to water. I'll probably weigh myself tomorrow morning just to see where I am. We've already planned our cruise for next year so my goal is to be at 170 or below by then.

Here are my goals for Dec.

1. Stay committed to posting here daily
2. Workout at least 4 days a week
3. Drink at least the minimum water requirement
4. Limit Sodium in my diet (no more than 2000 mg per day)
5. Limit snacks
6. Journal

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-05-2011 at 06:18 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #18  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Emme - I missed your post. Yep I got back late last night and I am soooo ready to get back on my eating & working out schedule. I can honestly say that missed posting here with you ladies. I'm off work today so I plan to head to Stone Mountain this morning for a nice long walk and to get lots of water down.

My Journal for today:

B: orange, coffee (50)
L: Lean Cafe Sesame Chicken (330) snack cake (90) coffee (50) 1/2 C skim milk (50)
D: Baked chicken, roasted potatoes, asparagas, 100 Cal pack of cookies
S: almonds (200), banana, 2 clementines, lots of water
Exercise: Walked 3 miles

Last edited by GettinFit; 12-05-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #19  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Bread and Laundry today. Its raining again, the ground is already soaked from all the rain of last week so we are getting huge puddles, all of which April had to walk though; I'm surprised she didn't drown while sniffing the ground.

Gettin, I'm glad to hear you had such a great time on your cruise, and have the next one planned!

Emme, great job on a good eating weekend!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/209.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Gettin - Glad you're back and your cruise was fun!

I had a nice weekend. I'm keeping my goals in mind. I have been especially good about getting my sleep! Exercise is still not happening though. I plan to ride the stationary on my lunch break and do some core conditioning on 2nd break. I'm going to start small rather than miss altogether!

I made WW soup this weekend but we always add turkey sausage and tortellini so it's not a low cal. Still, it's a good way to get in my veggies....I made it with diced tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots and cabbage. YUM! That will help my day.
workinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #21  

Working, I think soup sounds wonderful today. Thanks for the idea
Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 PM   #22  
I am in control.

GettinFit ~ It sounds like you had an awesome time on your cruise!! If you weigh yourself tomorrow, try weighing yourself again on Friday and I bet the number on Friday will be lower if you stick to eating right and flushing out your system with water. When I would overindulge on weekends, I would weigh myself that Monday/Tuesday, but I'd weigh again on Friday and there was usually a 2-4 pound difference from Mon/Tues. It's so cool that you were able to dance so much! That is such a great way to burn some major calories without feeling like it's exercise!!

workinmom ~ Great job on getting some good sleep. It really does help.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #23  
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi ladies,

I'm glad you all are doing good! You all give me so much motivation I'm happy that we've all reached some of our goals over the past year. I know 2012 will be great for us too.

Penguin - I have a Philips Go Gear MP3 Player too and I really like it. Mine is only a 4GB though. I've never used the video part of it though.

I just got back from doing my 3 mile walk and stocking up on my OP foods for the week. I am feeling very motivated. My Weight Watchers program ends this week and I'm thinking that instead of rejoining, I may do calorie counting for a while.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #24  

Gettin, frankly I would have been just as happy with something less technical {fewer options, buttons, and gadgets} but this was the best deal I could find for the money. Hubby, who has a Smart Phone, is very impressed with my mp3 player and says mine does a lot more than his phone mp3 player. All I really wanted was enough memory so I wouldn't have to change the contents each workout, something I could read with my bad vision, FM radio, and 'shuffle'.

You do realize I'm going to come to you for questions about 'how do I work my mp3' now, right?

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 12-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

Penguin - I don't take advantage of all the features on mine. All I do is download music to it. I also bought some mini speakers so that I can use it when I travel. Once I figure out how to use the video part, I'll let you know. I have a player on my smart phone but I never use it and prefer the Phillips player.

This afternoon, I'm fighting off the munchies. I'm not hungry so I'm refusing to eat anything. I hope everyone else is having a good day.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 PM   #26  
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Welcome Back GettinFit!

Managed to stay OP over the weekend! Not a lot of time to talk but hope everyone is doing great!
tavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #27  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for the welcome back tavvy! It's good to be back to my daily routine. Glad you're still plugging along OP.

Emme - I took your advice and am going to wait 'til Friday to get on the scale. I have no idea where I am right now. I don't feel like I've gained too much but we'll see. Yesterday I did pretty good. I had 3 extra servings of unplanned 100 cal treats though. I am going to have to not buy those treats right now since I can't seem to control how much I eat.

Today should be pretty easy since I'm back at work and will only eat what I bought in.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:22 AM   #28  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Journal

Today's Journal 12/6/11

B: Greek yogurt, banana, coffee w/flavored creamer
L: Lean Cuisine, Skinny Cow Choc Crisp
D: Baked Chicken breast, roasted potatoes & asparagas
S: clementines, coffee w/flavored creamer
Exercise: Firm
Old 12-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #29  

Dec 5 Mon
B= 2 c milk, vits, poptart
L= turkey sand w port wine cheese
D= soup, bread
S= Butterfinger, fruit
S=2 cinnamon bread, 2 c milk
E= 45min pilates/yoga/cardio fusion

Right= exercised, ate fruit when I wanted more sweets

Regret= had a slice of cinnamon bread fresh from the oven, handed it to Hubby, I thought he'd take A bite, he took a few BIG bites, so I felt to get 'my fair share', I HAD to have another slice. I definatly need to work on the fair share thing. buying the Butterfinger

doing the workout really bothering my back ribs on the right side, where I landed. I tried to do 'triangle' leaning to that side, but only got a few inches over before it hurt! I don't have a surface bruise but the area is really sore to the touch and I'm wondering if I didn't bruise or crack a rib. My glute is fine but my hipbone is sore when I leaned on it to stretch. I thought I was almost healed but I'll have to baby myself a while longer.

Tavvy, good job on your weekend
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #30  
I am in control.

tavvy ~ Good for you for staying OP over the weekend! Sometimes those can be the hardest days to work with. That's awesome.

GettinFit ~ Just keep flushing with the water! From the sound of it you didn't go crazy with food on your cruise, and 300 calories last night isn't going to do anything to you, so I hope you have a good weight-monitoring check on Friday!

penguin ~ Ah, yes, the sharing thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. It's interesting to hear of other people's struggles because it helps me know that I am not alone! And take care of yourself with healing! Don't push too hard.

I hope you all have a great day...it's too bad more people didn't join us for December...I think people fall off boards toward the end of the year with holidays and all that jazz, but that's ok because I enjoy having you guys as a good support group!