Height: 5ft 6

CW: 159
GW: 156

Slowly getting there...
3CatsMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

Morning Chicks. Another OP day planned here.
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I am also jumping in late but I would like to be on the challenge!!! I would like to lose 9 pounds by January 1!

On December 1 SW:174
CW:172
Liss1485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Finally some movement on the scale! New low of 157.5! Gives me motivation to get through the coming week.

Hope everyone else is having a great week.
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #65  
Cardio / Calorie Counting

S/C/G: 172/164.7/122

Height: 5'2"

I am weighing myself daily this first month (and charting my weight on a graph) to get an idea of how my body is reacting to the change in eating and exercise. I read the posts and more on the internet about this phenomenon where you are doing everything right --you're right on target with your calories and exercising, but the weight loss stalls on the scale. I get it. I'm retaining water, maybe from sodium, exercise, etc. I know the number on the scale will drop eventually. Here are my numbers from the past 7 days:

164.2, 164.2, 163.8, 164.2, 163.4, 163.6, 164.2

Seeing that 164.2 (exactly) return is maddening! Couldn't it be 164.1 or even 164.3?

But, I can say that since I began, I've noticed my face looks a little thinner (I can see my jawline better), my neck, shoulders, and the few inches right below my breasts -- which is sort of a big deal for me because I'm an apple and my entire abdomen was protruding greatly.

Anyway, I'm here to say that I'm gonna keep on doing this even though the scale is sending me the message that what I am doing is not working because I know deep down that it is.

GoldfrostDazzlefluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #66  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 206.5/173/173

Height: 5'3"

Ugh. I went to test-ride tandems yesterday, and the tandem shop is an hour away. Since the test ride took six hours, we had lunch out, and ordered in delivery for dinner. One of them (based on symptom timing, I'm guessing dinner) had wheat in it, even though I took all my usual precautions.

My scale weight shot up. My insides ache, in a way that I know simple starches will make feel better. No matter how much I drink, I don't seem to pass water. It's like the entire digestive process has seized.

It's not the end of the world, I have some tricks to kick-start things again. In a week, the excess bloating weight will be gone. Except that in a week I'm going to ovulate, which is my monthly-high weight.

I just want to kick someone. And I want to eat a massive bowl of white rice with scrambled or over-easy eggs, because it makes my belly feel better, and then take a long nap. I'm not going to do that, though. I'm going to take my medicine, drink some extra coffee, eat some soft, but on-plan foods and clean my house. Oh, and keep pushing water, no matter how suddenly unappealing it is.

So much for losing weight this week.
flourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 196

Height: 5'4"

Yay! So happy!

Finally broke the 170's threshold Lol, mind you, it's only at 179.6, but that seal has now been broken baby!

Hehehe
amandamn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #68  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sorry ladies, I was in a ton of pain yesterday and couldn't even sit up at the computer for very long. I worked for 2 hours, went home, and didn't get off the sofa all night. Thankfully feeling substantially better today! I will get back here tonight after work and catch up on everything, add our new folks to the goal list, etc. There's so much I want to say! LOL.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM   #69  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

flourless & GoldfrostDazzlefluff Hey don't give-up or beat yourself up about the stall on the scale maybe your body is starting to build muscle somewhere muscle weighs more than fat. During the holidays it's really hard not to sample the yummies everyone offers
You r winners for working on your health nomatter what the scale says this month

chickadee32 Take care & feel better, your little Blessing will happen

amandamn1 on breaking into the 170's.

Merry Christmas
Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Goldfrost- I'm so glad you posted about this. I've been stuck between 208 and 206 for the last 3 weeks. Today the scale says 206.6, yesterday 207.4, the day before 206, before that the damnable 207.4 again. I've been getting really impatient because I'm so close to the 199 mark and this last 7 pounds will just not get the off me! It was nice to be reminded that the scale will eventually do what it's supposed to do as long as I do what I'm supposed to do.
Thinsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #71  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Welcome Ariannag and Liss! It's never to late to join. I've added you below!

3CatsMeow: Nice progress!!

suttercm: Yay for seeing a new low!!

Goldfrost: You've got exactly the right attitude. I know SO WELL how frustrating it is to see those numbers jump around on the scale - I went through a 5 week stall in Sept/Oct, and it was absolutely maddening even though I knew what was causing it! The very best thing you can do is exactly what you've chosen to do - just keep pushing, and know that all your effort and all the fat loss you're earning WILL show up on the scale in time. And then when it does you'll get to be thrilled about repeated days/weeks of nice drops.

Thinsole: Same thing goes for you too. I'm sorry it's been so frustrating though!!

flourless: UGH, I'm really sorry. That's really crummy. I know it doesn't change the feeling right now, but hopefully this will mean a super drop on the scale for you after ovulation week is over. When everyone else around you is gaining on the scale due to eating too many holiday cookies, you'll see the pounds melting away. And you know, if I were you, I might consider making a small serving of the rice and eggs. It's not about comforting yourself emotionally - which we'd have to be much more careful with, right? - but healing your body physically, and that's a completely different story. Heck, I'm eating small servings of foods I would normally never eat this week, because I'm supposed to take in lots of extra sodium to help with the ovarian over-stimulation. And so I am not feeling guilty about having a serving of Doritos. Anyway, I really hope you're feeling better soon.

amandamn: Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!

miniDoodles: Thank you. With the exception of me feeling like crud, things seem to be going really well in terms of the development of the embryos. If they will still allow it (if I'm not showing too many signs of over-stimulation) then we should be transferring one tomorrow morning!

So, my weight has been dropping like a stone this week, despite the fact that I've been super sedentary because of feeling so crummy. The only explanations I can come up with are that either a) I'm still dropping water that I've been holding for a while (that 5-week stall I mentioned!), or b) my body is expending a lot of calories going through this whole ovarian stimulation thing that wouldn't register on the BodyBugg. Either way, I'll take it! Today I broke into the 150s, met my IVF BMI target, and achieved my modest December goal (set as such because I thought I'd really struggle to get ANY weight off this month with all the hormones). So, yay!

Updated December Weight Loss Challenge Goal List

loose seal: Lose 6 lbs
Losing4another: Lose 11.2 lbs
GoldfrostDazzlefluff: Get to 155 lbs
LeslieB: Lose 12 lbs
silentarctic: Lose 13 lbs
Tabbycat: Lose 3 lbs
tavvy: Lose 11 lbs
Thinsole: Lose 7.8 lbs
Kismet89: Lose 15 lbs
ashori602: Lose 4 lbs
KG123: Lose 8-10 lbs
In2wishin: Lose 5 lbs
flourless: Lose 8 lbs
finallyready1122: Lose 10 lbs
chickadee32: Lose 3.5 lbs
NoMoreKnit: Get to 178 lbs
RockemSockem: Lose 12 lbs
wtfudge: Get below 150 lbs
nevaeh1984: Get to 154 lbs
miniDoodles: Lose 4 lbs
DrivenByAmbition: Lose 10 lbs
3CatsMeow: Get to 156 lbs
Lost Musician: Lose 6 lbs
amandamn1: Get to 175 lbs
suttercm: Get to 155 lbs
Ariannag: Lose 10 lbs
Liss1485: Lose 9 lbs

Last edited by chickadee32; 12-08-2011 at 07:21 PM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:17 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

Congrats on the weight loss ladies! New lows, breaking weight thresholds, you guys are truly inspiring!

GoldfrostDazzlefluff and flourless - Love your enthusiasm and motivation! That's the part i struggle most with, it's so tough to keep going sometimes :/

I weighed in today and lost 5lbs, woo hoo. I decided to eliminate all my really bad for me foods (holiday cookies, fast food etc) and my body appreciated it greatly. I don't expect to pull this number again but hopefully it'll keep me motivated through the week to really push when I exercise.
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 211/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

SW: 186.8
CW: 182.8
Feeling fabulous! Need to maintain this loss thru the weekend!!
NoMoreKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #74  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 206.5/173/173

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
flourless: UGH, I'm really sorry. That's really crummy. I know it doesn't change the feeling right now, but hopefully this will mean a super drop on the scale for you after ovulation week is over. When everyone else around you is gaining on the scale due to eating too many holiday cookies, you'll see the pounds melting away. And you know, if I were you, I might consider making a small serving of the rice and eggs. It's not about comforting yourself emotionally - which we'd have to be much more careful with, right? - but healing your body physically, and that's a completely different story.
The scale is kind of meh. My goals are ambitious, so I'm not getting bent out of shape if I don't make them. But eating simple starches and cheese and eggs when I feel lousy is about comforting myself emotionally, it just took me a long time to realize it.

Gluten mucks around with my serotonin levels. The biochemical changes cause nausea, mood swings, etc. I frequently get sudden depression, more aches and pains, etc. A meal high in carbohydrates helps stabilize the serotonin levels in my brain.

In a day or two, I'm going to want meat. Lots and lots of meat. THAT is my body healing itself, and I always eat as much protein as I want then, without concern. Yesterday I cut myself a little slack. I didn't push fruits and vegetables, let myself have more whole grains, had peanut sauce on my stir-fried dinner, and some white rice with it. I reminded myself of the 80/20 rule, and just did the best I could.

Today I'm better. I've flushed all the gluten out, my gut doesn't ache. I still have the biochemical depression to deal with, but I -know- that I'm depressed because my chemistry is off, and that makes it easier to deal with somehow.

The prescription for today is to wait another hour for it to warm up, then do lots of milk-run-style bicycling. Sunshine, fresh air, exercise and simple, wholesome food. I'll make sure to get all my servings of complex carbs in today, and start adding back fruits and veg. It'll turn around. I've got another 50-odd years to live, and a week of less weight loss isn't a big deal on that scale.
flourless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, I continue the roll this week! Down another pound to 156. 1 lb to my goal this month. Having been stalled like so many of you the past couple of months it is so rewarding to finally start losing again! So those of you who are "stuck", hang in there. Work your program and have faith in your self. You will get there.

I am off to my DH's company Christmas party this evening. They always have a big buffet so will have to be careful. Then we are going to visit the new grandbaby tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote