Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:11 PM   #151  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Sindaena: Good luck with the 5K next weekend!! You will like get or can ask about more specific info when you pick up your packet on Friday, and when you arrive at the race there should be a place to check in where you'll get your timing chip/ankle band, etc. I'm sure it's going to be awesome - have fun!

Thinsole: Thank you very much. I'll be cheering for you to hit onderland by the end of the month!!

ennay: Fantastic loss this week!!

josey: I don't think I need to tell you this, but you've succeeded brilliantly whether you hit goal before vacation or not. Being able to say you've lost 70 lbs when you're seeing people for the first time in a while... just awesome.

sumnerfan: I'm sorry you've been struggling emotionally lately, but I'm glad you're here to re-focus and commit to reaching your goals. Doing good things for yourself really helps to improve mood. The family reunion is past, and so now you'll be able to get back on top of that food intake. Make this week a good one, and you'll feel GREAT seeing that scale drop next weekend.

K2: Glad to see the loss this week! That renewed energy is going to do wonders for you, I am sure of it.

Jeanettey and Tate: What happened?

For anyone who cares, the procedure went fine this morning. Unfortunately, because of the complications we ran into late last week, they told me I'm not allowed to do any cardio exercise for 4-5 WEEKS. I am really, really bummed. I asked the nurse whether I could at least just walk at a slow 3mph outside or on the treadmill, and she said "maybe 2.3mph". Seriously? I walk faster than that just doing normal daily activities. I am allowed to do light lifting though, it's just repeated jiggly movement that's been nixed, so I guess that's what I'll have to focus on. Maybe now would be a good time to try out some yoga.

josey/ennay: In regards to the side challenge - I was on a glucose drip for a few hours this morning and so have no idea of my calorie intake for the day. So unless you object, I'm going to aim for a calorie deficit of 6000 for Monday-Saturday. It's going to be a challenge to do it without the cardio to help burn calories!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #152  

Height: 5'5"

Hey all! Sorry so quiet, I'm finishing up final projects for finals week and also working part-time, so I haven't had a lot of spare time. I maintained this week. I was hoping to lose the pound I gained, but I think going from a super varied low sodium diet before T-day to a healthy but convenient diet this week has been bad. Still, trying to get in my running and staying hydrated.

I was really tempted to take a coffee break for the next 2 weeks, but it feels kind of like giving up, so I'll keep struggling on. Looking back my averages haven't been great, but I am still losing slowly. I guess I'm going through a tough period, but I'm going to hang in there until it gets easier. Stress just gets to me, as does not tracking food every day.

Anyway, no more excuses. Shaking off the cooties and moving on to a better week this week!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #153  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

chick - take care of yourself!!! I know I could not do a 1K defecit in a day without a serious amount of exercise. Can you do a Stationary bike?
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #154  
Maintaining Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
chick - take care of yourself!!! I know I could not do a 1K defecit in a day without a serious amount of exercise. Can you do a Stationary bike?
No. *cry* TMI, but I over-stimulated in response to the injections and my ovaries are too big, and they don't want me doing things that will have them moving around. So slow, controlled movements like with light lifting or bodyweight exercises are ok, but no bike, treadmill, eliptical, etc. Grrrrrrrrr. I know this is all be worth it, but I want to keep losing weight!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:45 AM   #155  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

I'm still losing even though I fell off track the past couple of weeks.

This week I don't think I pledged anything but I did lose 1.5 lbs & trekked 22.48 miles.

This week I pledge 1 lb which will put me at an all time low!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 AM   #156  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

chick - I think this is one of those moments you need to step back and look at the bigger picture. I know one of the driving forces for your weightloss was being healthy enough for IVF and now it is here and you need to take care of that body of yours. Nutrition trumps weightloss right now. Help make your body ready for this and if it is no weight loss or slow weight loss you will be ok.

Last edited by ennay; 12-05-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 160/163/120

Height: 5'2"

Ugh, this was not a good weekend for a weigh-in.

Pledged 1/Gained 2.7/Pledge 2

I don't mean to make excuses but I had a big party weekend and this gain was overnight. Even so, as of Saturday I hadn't lost anything all week so I need to step it up for the next weigh-in.

What I'm going to do extra this week:
-Burpee Challenge
-Run/walk 5k twice this week
-Hot yoga class at least once
Old 12-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #158  
Maintaining Mommy

ennay, I know, and I know you're right. It just came as a shock today. I've worked so hard to get this far, and already dealt with these kinds of restrictions this summer after the surgery, and it's frustrating that my body can't be a little more freaking cooperative. On the nutrition front though, I promise I am eating well. I always pay close attention to where my calories are coming from, and am doing so even more now. I'm not going to restrict my intake more than I should just to hit a specific target; I will still eat healthily and eat enough. I guess I'm just still trying to think of ways to do it all - but I know I probably just need to let go of that, relax, and take things as they come. Thank you for the concern, and I'm sorry for going on about it here.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:16 AM   #159  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, just checking in. I haven't been around lately. I recently decided to get a flu shot- something I don't usually feel safe with. But with having been so sick while I was pg, then getting hospitalized for pneumonia and pleurisy, then some crazy cold over the summer, then strep throat halfway through our move to Texas... I figured it was worth a shot.

Well it somehow triggered a return of the pleurisy in my right lung. It has been a fairly painful experience and I haven't been working out much, just a couple days a week. The good thing is that I'm not "really" sick, it's just the flu shot tricking my body into a response, so it won't require treatment. Just r&r and waiting.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and I still exist.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Chickadee {{{hugs}}} Just know you are in my thoughts this week. I know this is a stressful, hormonal, expensive time, but just like with weight loss you have to keep the end goal in mind.

Thank you for the support. I'm trying my best to 'shake it off,' and I do feel some better.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #161  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Chick - Thanks and I hope everything goes well!

I will start working on the sheet now.

Not liking the gains I am seeing here on the board. Guys, Christmas is around the corner!!! You should be losing now big time to make sure they don't hit that hard. I suggest another round of Jeanettey's challenge before Wednesday!!!

Edit: Jeanettey, I unfortunately had to take you out of the Black Ops. Everybody else, keep going!

Last edited by josey; 12-05-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #162  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

I have been sick since the middle of November. A long time......

It has really messed with my mental motivation feeling weak and tired all the time. The antibiotic I took made me put on water weight and that made me lose all hope of staying in the black ops challenge. Feeling discouraged.

Any advice would be appreciated. How do you get going again when you get de-railed and burned out.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #163  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Just a quickie this morning to respond to Jeanettey's question...

Jeanettey - I can definitely understand that burn out! But just look at how far you've come since you started!! Whenever I stray too far for too long, my body feels physically different - not as strong, not as healthy. That gives me motivation to do what I need to do to get back to feeling 100%. And you're still in the Black Ops challenge - just like the eliminated BL contestants, focus on winning that "at home" prize! And if all that fails.....JUST DO IT! You know what you want to do and need to do to get that weight off. Just do it!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #164  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Jeanettey - I agree with peanutt. Look at your ticker! It is amazing! You lost a lot of weight. Don't stop now. Not sure if you can but exercise (even a little bit) will energize you. How about walking?
And we are all here for you! You have been a solid pillar here and kept us going. Now hopefully we can give back and help you through this.
The Black Ops challenge continues at home, we are still all in it!! Look at the side challenge tab for the at home challenge. There are only 15 left, half of us at home. We can finish strong!!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #165  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

As someone who has fallen off hard, sometimes it is about going back to basics. When you first started were you able to workout like you workout now? Probably no. How did you start? Start small again. If you are struggling to exercise at all start with "just get there and do 30 minutes of SOMETHING" If you are struggling with food instead of stretching for a 1000 calorie deficit stretch for a 500 or 250. Work on being in charge of you again.

The upside of waterweight is it comes off too. You'll be back in the swing of it before you know it. BlackOps is just a side challenge. And there will be another season soon.....

Last edited by ennay; 12-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Closed Thread