Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM   #196  
gecko girl

S/C/G: 306/288.8/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Feeling normal finally and ready to rumble off some more weight. The body is willing, now the brain needs a slight tune up on the priorities.

We are already making holiday plans on how to be good, not over eat, monitor calorie intake and attack with a game plan. It's too easy to say it's no big deal. Then temptation slaps you silly and you start eating everything. Even low flying seagulls aren't safe when the hunger monster is set free.

Here is an odd NSV that I noticed. I am more sensitive to the cold this fall. I usually wear t-shirts and lite pants to work. Lately I have been wearing long sleeve t's and even double shirts with a heavier jacket when working outdoors. Usually I would be in shorts and a tee shirt in 55 degree weather. Plus I am one of those people that always sweats easily. I have noticed a difference their also. (UNLESS I AM HAVING A HOT FLASH THEN ANYTHING GOES )
This NSV is in relation to carrying less weight around my mid section. Less packing in the middle, everything feels cooler!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Sorry teammates, I gained one pound this week. I pledge to make up for it this next week.
______________ACTUALS____________________

my actuals for 10-30-11 thru 11-5-11 are:

Weight loss = +1 lb (Current Wt.196)

Walking = 23 miles

_________NEXT WEEK______________________

My goals for 11-6-11 thru 11-12-11 are:

Weight loss = 2 lbs.

Walking = 30 miles
3 DVD exercise sessions

Reflecting Back on the Week
Had a bad week and gained one pound. I was stress out and got into some speed eating/munching. Ate a very large bag of pop chips within 2 days and then got into some banana chips (they were organic, but 210 calories per 1/2 cup). Just glad that I didn't have any bags of candy around, because I was weak enough to eat it, lol.

It is a new week and at the moment, I have my control back. I vow to maintain control during the week ahead (no "all or nothing" logic).
Munchey
Old 11-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #198  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Getting on the scale this afternoon my weight was 171.1, or more than a pound lower than it was first thing this morning (the 172.2 I reported). I was thrilled to see it. The 171.1 is much more like what the number *should* be given my intake and burn over the last two weeks. I know that difference seems small, and probably bizarre given the relatively high loss I reported this week, but over the past nearly two months I have felt so frustrated that the scale was simply not reflecting the fat loss I was actually earning. For instance, for a three week period in September I had a net loss of 1.1 lbs when I was earning MUCH more than that; and if you look back at my numbers in the spreadsheet, I'm showing a loss of less than 9 lbs over the last seven weeks when I've been creating a deficit that should lead to 2-2.5 lbs pounds per week. The thought that my body might finally be adjusting to the new hormones... hallelujah. Now let's just hope things don't revert. I've already reported, and so I'll just leave my numbers from earlier and hopefully have a little buffer in case the numbers jump again this week.

AND, a NSV... While my legs are still very heavy and big (I carry so much of my weight there), I will mention that as I'm sitting here, in the position I'm in, I can distinctly feel the muscle in my quads - the line defining those muscles on the outside of my legs. Those running, biking, eliptical and strength workouts are really doing their job! No one else can see it, but I can feel it!

josey: It freaks me out when the battery dies in such an essential piece of equipment! When the battery in my food scale died a few weeks back and it took me a few days to find a new one, I felt totally lost, LOL. I hope a new battery fixes the problem for you.

Jeanettey: Awesome loss this week!!

Sarge: Glad we'll have you back for a few!

Tate: I am SO COLD lately, all the time. At home, at work, everywhere. For me I think it's more than just having lost the weight though; my body is responding to the calorie deficit by devoting fewer calories to non-essentials (like keeping it at a higher temperature). I kind of can't wait to be done with the calorie restriction so that I can get rid of the constant goosebumps! I am glad for you that it has been a pleasant change though!

Sarati: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NkhMd3c#gid=71 I'll send it by PM as well. And it's always linked in the very first post of the thread too.

Edit: Just looking at the BlackOps tab of the spreadsheet... we're on track for our first-ever week without a gain by a single BlackOps competitor!! One more BlackOps person left to check in today! And Sarati - you have lost an AMAZING percentage of your weight during this competition! Way to go!!

Last edited by chickadee32; 11-06-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #199  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

pledged 1.6
lost 3.8
new pledge 1

haven't been posting much as it turns out that I have a strep throat but now on antibiotics and hoping to feel better and be on track now.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #200  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Sindaena - I fixed your name for the pledge board report :-)

Chick - I better get some batteries tomorrow or I'll freak. I tried it again this afternoon but nothing. Doesn't even come up with anything anymore. I am flying blind :-(
Old 11-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #201  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

back from out of town...had a blast!! ate to much!!

GOOD NOTE: just completed the jeanettey challenge!!! had to get it done!! just couldn't go play all weekend and not stay committed!!! besides...jeanettey's voice was screaming in my ears!!!!

BAD NOTE: bad sore throat, can't hardly talk!!

chickadee.... thanks

sarge sir heart u....so happy to have you around for a short 5 lb stay! now sir....you better make it happen!!!

tate: good to see you back!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 11-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #202  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Welcome back Rainbow. I missed you!

Still staying Black Ops strong I see. You go girl!!!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:33 PM   #203  

Height: 5'5"

Lost .5/ Pledge .5/ 12 miles trekked (but did a $%# of weight training)

I'm not AWOL, just been busier than usual and need to catch up! Unfortunately, I weighed in last night at .5 lbs lighter and then this morning TOTALLY spaced it off until I had already gotten in my 9 mile run and big breakfast afterwards. So, I guess that'll be close enough. I still need to update my fitocracy and other stuff.

ONE WEEK WITHOUT A GAIN. GO BLACK OPS!

I'll catch up with ya'll tomorrow. Sounds like we had an awesome week.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #204  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Woohoo Joyful and BlackOps folks! Everyone checked in, and no gains this week! I love seeing that clean column on the spreadsheet. Sarati - I added your loss to the spreadsheet this week so that I could look at that pretty, complete column.

Welcome back Rainbow!

The day is not quite over yet, but I'm only at 795 cals so far and so today will definitely be day 14/30 cheat free and day 4/5 < 1300 calories. I did not drive up to PA to do the 5K today (just decided it was too far to go), but I did do a 3 mile run on the treadmill this afternoon, again with a little incline. It's still tough for me - I fight through most of it just to keep going. I think I am going to try to increase the incline slightly each week, and then when I hit a certain point (3 or 4%?) I will increase the speed and drop the incline back down, then build up again, etc. Hopefully that will be a good way to improve my speed and endurance, but if anyone has any different suggestions I will happily take them!

Last edited by chickadee32; 11-06-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:49 AM   #205  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Pledged: 1
Actual: 1.2
Next week: 1

Good week despite extreme business. I didn't meet the no-cheat challenge this week though. Ended Friday when the baby was eating every 90 minutes for the last 3 days. I've been filling my extra cals with cottage cheese and Greek yogurt with honey but I'm only satisfied when I get to about 2200 cals, so that's over my 1900 limit for the challenge. Still lost though and I'm happy about that. My legs are sore from walking so much, moving things and getting the house home-y. I want to add some cross training and weights this week to mix it up.

Feeling good but also like I'm hovering on a cliff. There's just so many balls I'm juggling right now and nothing can really wait. I will get through this!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #206  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

WAKE UP YOU MAGGOTS!!!!

Turn up your computer volume, watch the first few minutes of this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfjAkk7hMY THEN HIT THE GYM!

THAT IS ALL...

P.S... Sarge voluntarily votes himself off the Black Ops Ranch since he and Josey tied at -0- weight loss this week, but LOVES that clean looking column!

Last edited by JayTee; 11-07-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:59 AM   #207  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Up and at 'em! Focusing my diet today less on total calories and more on WHAT I'm eating- going to try for 30% protein since I always feel so good when I hit that number. Baby was up all night eating again, either he's teething or growing and needs to catch up because he's almost crawling.

Extremely busy morning- watching my neighbor's baby, maintanence is coming, and our small household goods shipment will arrive all this morning, then I'll be walking with the boys before lunchtime.

Can I tell you something about this base we are on?? It's a teeny, tiny base so if you are paying attention you can hear all the soldiers/airmen/sailor/marines calling cadences while they work out. Well I was up late one of the nights last week and heard cadences at about 2am. Surely I must be so tired I imagined it...? No! The classes here are held around the clock, and some of the students have night shift. They go to class all night long, instead of daytime, and they do PT at 1am!!

So there's no excuse not to work out, if these guys can do it around the clock, anyone can. It's also good news for me because the gym and track are always open.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #208  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Checking in!

Pledged last week: 1
Lost last week: 1.8

Pledged this week: 2

I GOT THIS!

Old 11-07-2011, 11:11 AM   #209  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

I AM AWAKE and I have already ran 2.35 Miles and did 100 Oblique Crunches, 100 Reverse Crunches and 100 regular crunches!

going out of town tonight and into tomorrow. So I got my work out in now so I don't miss it.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #210  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

30 days to Thanksgiving cheat free challenge

Cheat Free Challenge ladies

..................Oct 30th..Nov 6th..Nov 13th..Nov 22nd

Jeanettey....6 days.....13 days..
Chickadee...6 days......13 days..
Ksquared.....6 days....no check in
Pacsun......10 days total
Celrae.......no check in