Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 AM   #16  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

New thread and new Management. Nice Job Peanutt!
Old 10-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #17  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Ennay,

You are right, he knows I am a slow runner/jogger and he is right as well. IWe were at least outside getting some activity! That right there is important in it's self. After we got back I made some breakfast and he weight lifted while I cooked, so he got some more work out.

I had a icky day yesterday and I am having a grumpy day today..all I want to do is go down to work and get a big ol chicken basket (2000 calories) and a coke and sit here and watch movies. But I won't, I will instead have some tuna fish or shrimp or something.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 197 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Jumping in on the running discussion too!

I never realized how much faster I was going on my own outside until I used Map My Run app on my android phone. I am definitely going to use it on Saturday for my 10k to make sure I force myself to go at 4.5 MPH. Ahh.

Ah today I am h-u-n-g-r-y. I will soon go find some protein for lunch.

This morning I went to rowing class and it was intense. I have improved my rowing form a bit too which is cool. I only go to rowing once a month because it's at 8 am which sometimes is a bit late. Then I ran a quick 1 mile afterwards just to increase my calories burned.

Also it's Thursday and Thursdays are good days!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #19  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Yeah I'll be starting that 31-day challenge over again today. I thought I'd be forgotten (and thus, safe) on my birthday. Well I was showered with attention. And delicious food. It wasn't bad, I didn't go horribly overboard and out of the 12 gourmet cupcakes brought to me, I had only 1. But I didn't meet my cheat-free requirements so I'll just start today and trail a couple days behind. I did fine on Tuesday though.

We FINALLY move into our house tomorrow. Hopefully our two household goods shipments aren't far behind and will be here soon. I'm really excited to not be a nomad anymore-normalcy sounds fun.

That said, yesterday it was almost 90 degrees. Today is is almost 40. And tomorrow it should be around 75-80. ???? TEXAS?!
Old 10-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #20  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
@Reso - you bet. You are one of the VIPs here after all. Nice chart by the way, I think I should look into imapmyrun after all. I got it installed on the iphone but used runkeeper so far. Do you use an app for calorie counting?
I sooo love my iphone. Nothing new here but the new one is even more fun! :-)
/geek
Actually imap my run includes nutritional information like calorie counting, i haven't bothered to use it as i've been trying to transition to a more relaxed logging just in my head. But yeah i really love some of these apps, so useful.

I installed air video on my phone and now my entire library of tv shows and movies i can stream to my phone from my server at home...just nuts..

Last edited by Resolute; 10-27-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 PM   #21  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

I'm with GooeyGhost in the coffeebreak/maintainers category...even though I'm losing weight at an okay pace now, I don't feel like making a pledge would be the healthiest thing for me mentally. Oh, how those mental demons can get to us...

Chick - Glad to see the Bugg working out for you!!! I love love love mine, even after a few months, I still use it every day to just see how I'm doing and to keep me honest.

Reso - Nice to see you again.

Peanutt - Thanks for taking over leadership!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #22  

Height: 5'5"

ennay, no, I've never done the ORRC series but I've wanted to. I'm actually moving to Corvallis next year around April (yuck), but I'm going to try to to drive up for a race at least once a month. I was planning on joining the ORRC anyway. I'll check it out.

Jeanettey, got in your challenge yesterday! I might try to get in another round this weekend, but no promises.

K2, yup, I'm with ennay. When I run with my roommate we start out at my pace but gradually shift to hers (i.e. faster). Now I just know it's going to happen so I use those runs as my faster runs or "speedwork". Running with others is always fun, as long as no one is dying from the pace. Also, gum helps me with a dry mouth.

solarplant, if I don't check in before Saturday then good luck on your 10k. For the last mile just imagine Sarge behind you yelling PICK IT UP.

I am currently sitting in the airport getting weird looks because I'm eating kale and apple chips I made myself from fresh kale and... apples. Going home for my niece's birthday party this weekend. Just a short trip, and I'll be back Sunday because I have class all day on Monday. I was going to just WI on my home scale Sunday when I get back, but I changed my mind. Just in case and also because I don't want to WI immediately after flying I'll go ahead and record my weight now. I'm only down .5 as of today, but I'm sure I've lost more than that this week. Hopefully it's enough to keep me in Black Ops. Also, I finally lost a pants size over the past 2 weeks. SO excited about that, and I'm sure it's a direct result of adding leg training back in.

My goals this weekend are to get my burpees in, get in at least one run, and stay within my myfitnesspal limits.

So, official WI: Lost .5/ pledge .5/ Trekked only 17.5

I'm a bit confused on the spreadsheet. Do we use the same one to track or is the link changing? Sorry, should probably go back and read more carefully.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

I'm with Pokey and the GooeyGhost on the coffee break this week. Still working out and counting calories just with less internet time.

Resolute- I have iphone envy. Drools over the 4s.

Peanutt- Lovin the new management.

PacSun- Good luck with moving into the new house. And yes, weather is like that in Texas, muahahahah!

Ksquared- When I first switched from inside on a track to outside I thought it wouldn't be a big deal but I was a lot slower outside. I think it was a combination of not having my usual pace markers and having to avoid obstacles (low branch, pothole etc). I've run outside on and off for a couple weeks now and have gotten a lot better.

solarplant- Good luck on your 10K!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #24  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
Actually imap my run includes nutritional information like calorie counting, i haven't bothered to use it as i've been trying to transition to a more relaxed logging just in my head. But yeah i really love some of these apps, so useful.

I installed air video on my phone and now my entire library of tv shows and movies i can stream to my phone from my server at home...just nuts..
I tried the nutrition part of imap but it is super slow. Too bad because the charts look good.

Air video is awesome! After over two years with an iPhone I am still stunned what it can do.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #25  
Suck it up, buttercup!

@joyful & everybody - the old spreadsheet is still online and can be used. On Saturday afternoon I will copy the old sheet and make the necessary changes. During that time please do not post to the spreadsheet. I will post before I start so everybody knows when to stop using it. I will let you know as soon as the new one is up, what changes there are and how it works.

So far I have the following members for the spreadsheet:
Budget, Chick, Ennay, Envelope, FitGirl, Jeanettey, Josey, Joyful, K3, Ksquared, MadamB, PacSunMama, Peanutt, Pokey, Rainbow, Rated, Reso, Sarge, Sindaena, SolarPlant, Tate, Thinsole

Edit: There will be a new link for the spreadsheet. I will post the link and Peanutt will update the first post to include the link too.

Last edited by josey; 10-27-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:34 PM   #26  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Something else: I have had it with fitocracy. It is just annoying how buggy the system is. I know it's still beta but it just doesn't work.
I will try fleetly now. It looks way better and has an iPhone app. Is somebody on there?

Last edited by josey; 10-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #27  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey's mid-week challenge

The Halloween workout

Completed by Chickadee and Joyful
Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 PM   #28  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSunMama View Post

That said, yesterday it was almost 90 degrees. Today is is almost 40. And tomorrow it should be around 75-80. ???? TEXAS?!
I lived in Austin for 4 years. I have clear memories of playing tennis on New Years Day. It was 91

But yes the weather can change rapidly there. When you can FEEL the temperature dropping like you just stepped into a refrigerator.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #29  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Alright, tonight I stepped it up to a 2% incline and dropped my speed to 3mph just to see how I felt. I put it back to 3.5 the last five minutes. I am pretty sure my rear end got a work out. It hurts pretty good right now!

I might go jogging with my friend tomorrow morning. I do need to get outside more and I think now is the perfect time. It's cool, crisp fall air with the threat of snow hanging in the air. My favorite time of the year.

On plan again today. Oh and it was ice delivery day today and this morning I dug a small irrigation ditch to drain a big ol puddle out of the parking lot at the ice plant. Lot of physical labor today.

Haven't weighed myself.. almost getting time to do the big weigh in at the end of the month. Crossing my fingers something is happening in the scale department.

Tonight my friend and I browsed through some photos of me before I met him April 2010 and some through out the year. The difference is astounding. He asked me how I felt about it and if I felt like I was done, or if I should keep going. The question was hard for me, How do I feel? How do I tell him "No I am not done.. I have 40 more pounds left to go until I can rock a bikini that is going to make your jaw hit the floor" I didn't, I dodged the question a little and told him that is has been a wild year and so much has changed and that I didn't know how it got so out of control. I later texted him and told him no I wasn't done, I still had 40 pounds I want off me.

I slip now and again, I have bad days, I have grouchy days, I have happy days. Today was a supremely grouchy day and even though I was incredibly grouchy, I was so touched and felt so loved that even though I was ribbing him hard and a little sensitive and crabby, he still wanted to spend the day with me.

So I feel good tonight. Thanks to my BFF.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:26 AM   #30  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

So, tell me about this burpee challenge that everyone keeps talking about.
Closed Thread