Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #136  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Black Ops, you might want to consider Jeanettey's special ops this week. I just looked up the percentage to beat. You are in for a serious challenge to make it through this week.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #137  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
ennay: Have you been running as far as 7 miles lately, or was yesterday a long run for you? Maybe between that and the company you're just worn out?
That's a pretty mediumish run. I think it was company, lack of sleep, and impending AF. I never know when it is, but a BIG clue should have been that all week protein foods had zero appeal. I grilled some beautiful filet mignon on Sunday and then didnt want to eat it.

I hadnt realized that pattern for me until I went paleo for awhile and realized I CAN'T eat much meat during PMS - isn't that weird? I dont really "crave carbs" like is supposed to be typical, but I eat more carbs just because meat is blech for about 5-7 days. I've often thought of doing some weird diet switcharoo. Like 8-1-1 or something that week.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #138  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
Black Ops, you might want to consider Jeanettey's special ops this week. I just looked up the percentage to beat. You are in for a serious challenge to make it through this week.
Well, beating THAT won't happen. Guess I just have to take out someone else.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #139  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSunMama View Post
I'm happy to say I haven't cheated, even though my calories on Halloween consisted almost entirely of candy. I logged every bite in my journal and cut myself off at almost exactly 1900 calories. Needless to say the baby didn't sleep that night and I had almost no milk to give.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! Are you serious?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #140  
Bonettey

I don't want to get b*tchy but I have something to say.

Losing Sarge as our leader s*cked. I loved this thread and one of the main reasons was that Sarge would put us in check when we made her eyes bleed with mushy stuff or lack of committment.

There's no reason we should let that great part of this thread end. I don't want to be the one who puts platoon members in their place when their committment wavers but I will, if need be, from time to time.

I don't feel that it's my place but, like I said my favorite thing about this thread is knowing someone will make you tow the line and call you on your cr*p.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Challenge complete Sargent Jeanettey! My arms have fallen off, luckily they re-attach.

I watch the BL but didn't really note the lowest % until you guys brought it up.

Good Luck Black Ops Team!!
Old 11-03-2011, 09:33 PM   #142  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettey View Post
I don't want to get b*tchy but I have something to say.

Losing Sarge as our leader s*cked. I loved this thread and one of the main reasons was that Sarge would put us in check when we made her eyes bleed with mushy stuff or lack of committment.

There's no reason we should let that great part of this thread end. I don't want to be the one who puts platoon members in their place when their committment wavers but I will, if need be, from time to time.

I don't feel that it's my place but, like I said my favorite thing about this thread is knowing someone will make you tow the line and call you on your cr*p.
I agree Jeanettey. My eyes bleed too with all the mushy stuff and there is enough on the forum. This has to be a whine-free zone! It's the only one on 3FC anyways.

I think we can all be a bit of Sarge and reign the platoon in when we lose focus. I don't shy away from commenting when somebody starts lacking commitment or gets too comfortable.
I hope others will do the same. We lived long enough (too long actually) in the comfort zone and that's what got us in trouble. Now we live and breathe hard work and drive.

And no more slacking off on the weigh ins! I am not willing to do the sheet if people can't even post their weight on Sundays. If you are not available on Sunday, weigh in early. No excuses!! (Well apart from K3, power outages and blizzards are kind of tough to overcome.)
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #143  
Suck it up, buttercup!

@Jeanettey - challenge completed for today.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #144  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

I am happy to report that I did indeed lift yesterday. I was not happy with how the weight felt at all; seemed like it should have been easier after the extra rest, but I guess bad food and too little sleep and too much coffee staying up for the NaNaWriMo kickoff party at 12:00AM sharp Nov 1 didn't help at all. And now my word count is behind already, sigh.

I missed my run today because I discovered on pulling my running clothes out of the drier that the kitten had gone in there and peed on them. Needless to say they went back to the washing machine next. I put some extra time into the pool this evening to make up for it and will run Saturday if there are no kid plans I can't recall at the moment.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:10 PM   #145  
Bonettey

Jeanettey's Mid-week challenge

"Drop and Gimme"

Completed by; Chickadee, Josey, Thinsole and Me

Nice job ladies!!!

Challenge is posted on page 9, post # 125
Old 11-03-2011, 11:25 PM   #146  
Bonettey

Let's pull together platoon!!!

Our Sarge has done the work and She is enjoying a well deserved rest!

Your leaders, Corporals Peanutt, Josey and Jeanettey are here for you!!!

If these guys can function without their Sargent then just imagine what we can accomplish!!!

I know we can make this work!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:14 AM   #147  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

OK, Troops; Boot Camp workout is sinking in and I'm a bit sore, but not to sore to do Jeannettey's Challenge. Corporal
"Punishment" Jeanettey: Challenge Complete!! Now my arms REALLY ARE GOING TO FALL OFF!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, a soak in the tub is in order and I think RIGHT NOW!!! then my arms will reattach also.

TOMORROW IS

YOUR

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!!!

JUST DO IT!!
AND
DO IT NOW!!!!

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 11-04-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:20 AM   #148  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Jeanettey challenge completed for Thursday. Tonight I did the pushups as part of a new body weight strength training program I'm trying out. For the first two weeks of the program all of the exercises are done as ladders, which means that you begin with 1 rep, rest, then 2 reps, rest, 3 reps, rest, etc. until you get to the point where going any higher would result in muscle failure. Then you work back down the ladder until you get to 1 rep, and continue up and down the ladder until you reach a set amount of time. The program I'm working through calls for 7.5 minutes of each exercise, and I think in that time I did ~100 pushups on an elevated surface (the arm of the couch). I thought the ladder method was a GREAT way to do something like pushups - small sets with a high number of total reps seems ideal for working up to doing full push-ups if you (like me) need to do yours on an elevated surface or want to increase the number you can do in a single set. For anyone doing the Jeannettey challenge this week, I highly recommend trying out the ladders for your pushups!

On the diet front, today was day 11/30 of cheat free, and day 1/5 of keeping my calories under 1300 in preparation for dinner out on Tuesday.

Something a little odd: I've been craving nuts (specifically cashews and pistachios) like crazy for the past several weeks, and it has had me a bit concerned. I haven't been eating them but I literally think about nuts multiple times per day, and though I've never been a binge eater I have recently had thoughts of pouring a big bowl of nuts and just eating them all. It's been a bit scary. It finally occurred to me last night that the cravings might be the result of not be getting enough good fats in my diet. I generally eat 20-25% of my calories from fat, and, looking at my food log, that typically equates to only 25-35g of fat per day given my low-ish calorie intake. So I've decided to experiment with adding 15g of nuts to my diet each day to up my good fats a bit, and I'll see whether the cravings abate a bit after a week or so of that.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #149  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Ok So my little fit bit is a miracle.. Now I can really see what I do in an average day and what kind of calories I burn, how much I walk. My sleep patterns and how much working out I do actually do on a daily basis.

Here is the break down..

Calories Burned - 2769

Steps taken- 15852

Calorie intake - 1458 (Calorie deficit - 1311)

Miles traveled today - 7.54

Also tonight is the last night of my c25k - WOOHOO GO ME! it took a little extra weeks to get it done, but I am happy to say I got 9 weeks of jogging done! I am so proud of myself.

Now I can start again with a bit of a faster pace. I ended with 3.7 and started at 3.0. Going to restart at 4.0.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #150  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Chick-a-dee: Avocado's are a good source of good fats also, I eat them with eggs, on a sandwich/wrap, in salads and in my smoothies. Very versatile. Just a few slices a day, not the whole thing. Just a thought.

K-squared= congrats on the fit bit and completing C25K . . . it makes you feel awesome, doesn't it??? do you like the fit bit. Is this similar to a Body Bugg???

OK, off to MELT MY BUTT-er

Later troops
Closed Thread