Old 10-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #31  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcar150 View Post
Very cool! Would you mind letting me know about how much you'd spend on the products you buy weekly/monthly? I don't have the money right now to do anything expensive, but this sounds really interesting and I may do it in the near future.
No problem! My IP food was $90 a week, plus about $115 a month for the supplements. The standard price is $4 a packet, minimum of 21 packets a week.

I buy the EAS shakes 4-pack for $5 - usually 3-4 packs a week. ($1.25/serving)
I bought the ZeroCarb powder (3 pounds - 44 servings) for $35 online. ($0.80/serving)
I buy Lindora bars online - they go on sale about once a week, usually 30% off. I paid $40 (including shipping) for three boxes (21 bars - $1.90/bar).

My weekly food, excluding veggies and protein, costs about $30. If you cut out the Lindora bars (they are restricted to one a day, anyway), its cheaper ($20 for the shakes). I did about three weeks just using the EAS and lost 8 pounds. You can find those at any grocery store. I try to only use the Vanilla and Chocolate Fudge - 4g carbs per drink. The ZeroCarb powder has 50g of protein a serving, so I half it, and of course no carbs. I bought mine at allstarhealth.com and its my new favorite.

I'm just about out of the supplements, so I'll have to start looking for alternates there too.
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #32  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

You are a doll, Ladyray! Thank you so much for letting me in on your plan. I'm going to print that out so I can have it ready for when I decide to do it in the future. I like to mix up my protein diets, especially when I get on a stall.

What supplements are you taking? I take so many right now: Alive Multivitmin, D3, Calcium/magnesium, C, Krill Oil and a B-50 complex. Since starting this combo of vitamins, I feel like my energy has at least doubled.

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-25-2011 at 09:37 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #33  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandcar150 View Post
You are a doll, Ladyray! Thank you so much for letting me in on your plan. I'm going to print that out so I can have it ready for when I decide to do it in the future. I like to mix up my protein diets, especially when I get on a stall.

What supplements are you taking? I take so many right now: Alive Multivitmin, D3, Calcium/magnesium, C, Krill Oil and a B-50 complex. Since starting this combo of vitamins, I feel like my energy has at least doubled.
I'm talking a multivitamin, a calcium citrate/magnesium/zinc, omega-3s, and potassium/calcium carbonate. I feel a lot better when I day them compared to days when I forget!
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #34  

Oh, geeze! I almost forgot to check in today. Come to think of it...where is everyone?!?

ladyrayado, looks like we take similar vitamins, and I'm in agreement with you; I, too, feel better when I take them.

I had a busy day today, which I love because then I can't think about food. But I ended up doing my exercise too late. I hate that, but at least I got it done. The reason I did it so late was because I was busy coloring my poodle's hair pink for Halloween so that she could be cotton candy. I think it came out pretty good. What do you all think?

Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #35  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Lol. Nice! I don't think my Great Dane would tolerate that!

I'm feeling blah lately. The scale is still moving (slowly) but I'm still blah.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #36  
Getting Started

S/C/G: 234/see ticker/142

Height: 5' 4"

Hi sandcar150. I am so glad I found your thread! I do better with a challenge! Ohhh and I LOVE the Cotton Candy effect. she is adorable!!!

I am just getting back on after a 2 month off period (in which I gained 5 lbs back!) I am going to start another ticker for this challenge, so it shows my start weight and goal I would love to lose atleast 10 by Thanksgiving!!

For this challenge:
start weight 215
Goal for this challenge 205

Looking forward to GETTING THE GOAL!!!!!
LeanLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:20 AM   #37  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone!

Yesterday(Tuesday) I made myself get out and start C25K. Again. It was a bittersweet thing for me because last year I was on a great weight loss trip and I actually completed C25k and ran a 5k race with my mom! It was right after that race that I stopped actively working at my weight loss and eventually gained everything back. So starting back at the beginning is awful, but necessary.

Otherwise I'm just waiting to see the pounds drop! I've seen 267 the last couple of days, so that's neat I guess. I'd like to see more gone, though!!!

Sandcar I love the cotton candy colored puppy! So cute.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Hi everyone!

I'm ready to Gobble Off my final two pounds, which have been seriously fighting me tooth and nail. Though my overall average loss is 0.5 lbs a week, it's really slowed down recently. I want to kick it back up to my average, and meet goal by Tofurkey Day. Calorie counting as always, and staying active.

Start Weight: 142.0
Goal Weight: 140.0

Wooo!
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #39  

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to do my best to get in my exercise much earlier today. That seems to be my main problem. The dieting, believe it or not, is not too hard to do.

Thanks for the compliments on Gigi. I can't help but smile whenever I look at her. I put on her fancy swarovski crystal collar so she can be extra swanky and I'll take more pictures of her outside. If they don't come out too blurry, I'll post one here.

Lambie, I'm feeling a little blah lately, too. I haven't weighed since Tuesday though. I normally only weigh in on Mondays and the 25th of each month when I take my measurements and photos for my blog. But when I got down to 202 pounds I was on my scale so much (hoping to see 199.5) that I started to consider it a step workout.

Lisa, hey I'm happy to hear that you only gained 5 pounds after being off plan for 2 months. I tell ya...I could have easily put on 20 or more pounds in that amount of time. I'm glad to have you back with us.

Ninepaw, so are you saying that you are training for this race or that you already did it? I would love to train for a race, too. I think that's wonderful motivation. Good luck!

Tab, I'm glad to see you over here and will be cheering you on all the way to goal. I know you'll get there soon. Heck, a really good sneeze and you should get there, right? If only!

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-27-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #40  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Ninepaw- I wanna do a race! I'm just worried my knees wont hold up for it.

Tab- I LOVE TOFURKEY!

Sandy- I'm seriously gonna steal Gigi! As long as you get those callanetics workouts in who cares what time it is? Remember 5 a week! You can do it!!

I got in a heck of a work out. I was going to just hop on the treadmill and run run run, but I changing it up. So instead, I took a class called "Hit n' Run" HOLY HECK! You spin on the bikes, for 25 min, then go to punching bags for 25 min, then back to the spin bikes and back to bags. Then you hit weights, and abs. Durring the bike part, the instructor was in my face yelling, and crap. I loved it! I was the youngest one there, so I bet she felt like she had more of a young chick to beat up
You know how BOB yells in TBL? THAT's TEXTBOOK what she was doing to me. I was afraid to stop! haha I'm hoping for a good reading in the mornin!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #41  

You are always the best at making my day, Lindsy. And you're right; as long as I get them in, I'm good. Four down this week and one to go!

But I almost felt as if I got in an extra workout just reading about that Hit 'n' Run class you took. I would be dead from that. Not to mention, I'd be crying if an instuctor yelled at me. I always feel sorry for the people on BL when they get yelled at. I'm really proud of you that you can do all that. No wonder you look so toned!

Okay, I did get a couple of good shots of Gigi outside with her cotton candy cone hat on. These came out even better. Hope you all don't mind me posting them. Last time...I promise!

Her ears really look like cotton candy in these next two.

My daughter was trying to hold her so that I could get a picture of her new swavorski crystal collar (it was not an easy task...she just wanted to run). She is all kinds of swank now yo!

Then we let her go and, well, I thought she was sitting in this shot...but I think she was actually peeing. lol

And the last shot of her I could get while she was standing still...

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thank God tomorrow is Friday. Then Saturday my husband and I are having another yard sale (last one) we had one on both Saturday and Sunday a couple weeks ago, and my husband is convinced we can sell the remaining stuff. I hope to at least make $40.

Last edited by sandcar150; 10-28-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:16 AM   #42  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

In answer to the questions, I did indeed run a 5k race in September of 2010! I was very proud and felt SO accomplished... And then I threw it all away. Go figure!

Ran W1D2 today. Whee!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 210.6/190.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all-

Sorry I have forgotten to check in . I am still on track. My first weekly weigh in I am down 2.4 lbs. Only 6.6 lbs to go to meet my gooble goal !

Nikki
nikkih1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 160/151/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLindsy View Post
Welcome One3Five and nikkih1288!!

How are you both gonna go about getting to your goal? You on any special plan?

I count calories, every single morsel that goes into my mouth I write down. It's kinda like an obsession now lol. And I go to the gym and sweat my booty off! haha
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm doing intermittent fasting due to the fact that we didn't have money to go shopping for good food when I decided to start losing weight. So I make due with what we have and eat whatever I want until 12pm. Next week I plan on switching to low carb/low calories.
One3Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 161/139.3/140

Height: almost 5'3"

Sneezing off calories, Sandy! I wish!! Hysterical!! Though like you, I've been seriously considering getting a hair cut, just to lose some weight. Crazy, right? I've been growing my hair out since I started this, and some part of me thinks I keep losing fat, but gaining hair. It probably weighs like a fraction of a fraction of pound. Weight loss makes me crazy.

Lindsy, I love Tofurkey too!

I dropped another pound, seemingly overnight, but I know that's not right, so I was probably holding on to a ton of water weight that is finally vamoosing. 141.1!!!
tab11 is offline   Reply With Quote