Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #16  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Chatty bunch!

Feeling great today after my long run yesterday (8.5km). Checked out my running mate's Runkeeper logs last night and found that she's running at a slightly faster pace than I am. Hopefully she'll be able to do that on Sunday so I can pace against her and push myself a bit faster.

Really excited for the start of Black Ops and the new season of BL!! So glad that this thread will remain spoiler free....I'm another day after watcher.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #17  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following
people for all they do for us.

The following "Platoon Appreciation awards" go to:

Sarge

Anon

We are really feeling the support

Last edited by Jeanettey; 09-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #18  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - It seems that you have more and more time that you have to spend number gathering on the thread, especially with all the new challenges. We can't lose you! Is there a part of the number gathering/crunching/posting I can do to relieve some of your duties so you can get back to what you love? (running & yelling at us ) I work part time and could easily help out with part of it. Let me know. You can PM me if you want to discuss it off the thread.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #19  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Thanks guys...no sweat for now on the number crunching it's just that by January 1st I know I'm gonna be feeling the burn out factor. I've had a few people PM in the past that they'd love to help because they feel more engaged in their own battle if they feel responsible for something here and it may soon be time to accept those offers. Besides, Sarge has his eye on a member or two who have just the personality to take over as Sarge2!

Now get back to work, all of you!!!! Even if we try for a 1% team overall loss this week that's 61 pounds Black Ops has to drop!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Getting up early and cranking out an "out of the ordinary" workout has made quite a difference in how I'm feeling in general.

Jeanettey I hope you're feeling better and are able to walk it out soon!

Ditto on the BIG THANKS to Sarge & Anon!
Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #21  

Height: 5'5"

Mmmm, zucchini. No nightmares here. Maybe I'll make some zucchini stew today.

Sarge, I don't see my plain 'ol regular 1lb pledge up there, just my black ops stuff. Are you trying to make me go super secret under cover?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:01 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 8"

Quick check in to let you all know that my operation went well. I need to rest for a few days and then I can start jogging on Thurs.

I am cleared to do the 10K Sunday. It will be my sons first 10K :0)
Old 09-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #23  
SARGE

Sorry Joyful! Sarge is slipping in his old age. Added your pledge above.

If there are any other corrections to be made feel free to let me know. There was so much going on that I'm not surprised a slipped up a few times.

This from one of the new BL contestants on the NBC show:
...as the season begins, give some serious thought to starting your own weight loss journey as well. As new contestant John Rhode tells us, "Everyone wants to get on the ranch. Don't wait for the ranch. You can do anything. Find some support and figure out why you want to lose the weight. Use that as your strength."

I'd say the platoon has got it covered!

Edit: YAY Envelope!

Last edited by JayTee; 09-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #24  

Height: 5'5"

Envelope, so glad to hear that!

Sarge, no worries! I too appreciate everything you do and your commitment to our group, and I don't know how you keep up with it all.

I've been watching season 11 in prep for this season, and holy #%$. Those people are AMAZING. If they can do it at 400 lbs, then I can work harder and push myself. I've been thinking about trying out a boxing gym for a while now, and the show decided it for me. After the marathon I'm going to sign up as a reward. I can't wait!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #25  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulVegGirl View Post
Envelope, so glad to hear that!

Sarge, no worries! I too appreciate everything you do and your commitment to our group, and I don't know how you keep up with it all.

I've been watching season 11 in prep for this season, and holy #%$. Those people are AMAZING. If they can do it at 400 lbs, then I can work harder and push myself. I've been thinking about trying out a boxing gym for a while now, and the show decided it for me. After the marathon I'm going to sign up as a reward. I can't wait!
My gym used to rent out a room to a dance studio and when they left they were going to convert it to boxing. They bought heavy bags and speed bags and they are all just laying on the floor waiting to be hung 6 months later. Sigh.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #26  
SARGE

66 DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING!!!! WORK HARD NOW SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!

Just saying...
Old 09-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #27  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Joyful - DO IT. I joined a boxing gym the day after Memorial Day and haven't looked back. Not only is it the best workout of my life, but it just feels amazing to punch the cr@p out of the bags.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #28  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
66 DAYS UNTIL THANKSGIVING!!!! WORK HARD NOW SO YOU CAN ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!

Just saying...
My marathon is the weekend before thanksgiving. Such good timing.

First 3 hour workout day in a while....feels good.

I would LOVE to box....sigh.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #29  
just do it!

I'm still working on getting DH to do some boxing with me. I think it could be great for our relationship.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #30  
just do it!

envelope - I'm glad everything went well! Rest up and recover quickly!

I am loving the zucchini right now. It regularly appears in all my different versions of crap in a pan. I also want to pick up a bunch at Wednesday's market to make some zucchini pancakes.
Closed Thread