Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #1  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Default 45 Day Challenge

Hi all,

LMB and Ashamalee: you know what we're doing

I'll set it up for anyone else who cares to join us.

We three had a 20 day challenge a couple weeks back and decided to start a new thread with a 45 day challenge.

This challenge runs starting today September 1st, until October 15th.

Anyone who would like to join us can!

Just decide for yourself what goal you want to set and how you will reach it.

We will be checking in and encouraging each other during this challenge!

I will write more in another post, I just wanted to kick this off!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/221/137

Height: 5'5''

Hi girls,

Sooo down to 225!!! lol

I was so excited when I saw that on the scale this morning! I thought that I had stayed the same from last week because I had eaten only so so all week. I think when I put that into WW I will have met that first 10% goal! Take that body! lol yea sorry I'm overly excited because I was so shocked.

Jade..I agree with lmb that you should try yoga or pilates. I have a pilates with a little bit of yoga dvd called pilates for everybody by denise austin. I have done that consistently before and successfully lost weight on it without even intentionally trying. her voice drives me CRAZY!! so once I basically had it memorized and didn't need the directions any more I put the volume way down and listened to music or watched tv or something and then had the dvd in my laptop. You could try doing something like that with a dvd so that its a little bit more enjoyable. or you could try yoga or hot yoga classes...they have great deals on living social or groupon or sites similar to that for yoga pretty often.

I still haven't broken my streak..the last time I had a day that I didn't work out was some day in July. I really think that a huge part of my success has been the consistency of my work outs. I haven't been doing super long workouts or 2 a days or anything like I was in the beginning and I am still consistently loosing. The key for my body seems to be about 30 mins a day every day. My excuses in the past had always been "I don't have enough time" but its hard to make that excuse when its only 30 mins. I know everyone's body is different but you could try it and see if it works for you. You wouldn't even have to shoot for 7 days a week at first. I think the consistency is the most important because it keeps your metabolism going rather than going up and down.

The consistency of loosing has been what keeps me motivated and wanting to continue.

I hope you guys are off to a great start to our 45 day challenge!
ashamalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #3  
Looking forward

Ashamalee you are AMAZING!!! WAY TO GO GIRLFRIEND!! Youa re not overly excited you are RIGHTFULLY excited! So proud your consistency and success, you are truly a motivation.

Complete honesty: I have not had a great start to the 45 day challenge. Forgot to weigh in this morning before I ate breakfast so I will have to weigh in tomorrow.

My brain has been super fried from craziness at work but I don't want to keep making excuses.

I think today I'm going to take some time and pray and just center myself. I feel like I'm trying to figure out everything all at once and want it to be perfect right away. I need to figure out a way to consistently track my efforts to see what results come from them and therefore find out what works for me.

I will write again tonight but thank you for sharing your success and suggestions!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Hey Gals!!!!

First, Ashamalee! AWESOME JOB! I can't believe your streak is still going!!!! I'm so impressed!

Jade- no worries! Just try to regain focus and I definitely think praying is a fantastic idea!

I'm down to 156 so that is good and actually managed to lose the weight over the holiday weekend. My life has just been so hectic. Work has been crazy (part of the reason I've been on here so sporatically) and then my out of work life has been so busy that I haven't found much time to workout. I keep going on dates where I eat out but some how, I guess through conscious portion control I've managed to lose. I'm trying to workout whenever possible!

I think slow and steady is definitely the way to do it and I think this time around we've not only given ourselves more time but we've also set very realistic goals. I have faith that we can all reach these goals and be very proud of ourselves at the end of these 45 days!

Keep it up gals!!!

SW- 158
CW-156 (9/8)
15dayG1- 153
30dayG2- 149
45dayG3- 145
lmb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #5  

Hi girls..how have your weeks been??

I've still continued to workout every morning but I ate pretty crappy this week and was beating myself up this morning. Its my tom and I didn't do a very good job of resisting all the bad food that I wanted or at least how much I ate so I gained 2 pounds this week. Since I was mad, I decided to take my frustration out but trying level 3 of the shred. I survived but barely..there are some crazy moves in it! I'm going to get refocused in eating right and try to eat extra extra good this week in hopes that the 2 pounds I gained back this week come off more quickly.

Have a good weekend!!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies
Can I join? I'm in need of some motivation..
I'd like to get down to 145 by Oct. 15th..which is only 3lbs but my scale isn't moving so that would be an accomplishment
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #7  
Looking forward

HI ladies,

Lmb: great job! Awesome that you are going on dates and enjoying yourself. Way to go with the portion control.

Ashamalee: we've all been there and you know you can jump right back on the wagon. You are totally an inspiration, keep up the good work!

Lisa: WELCOME!! We are so glad you joined us. 3 pounds is a great weight loss goal and we'll be here to help you as much as we can.

As for myself, I have done a complete 180 in terms of my weight loss efforts. Not moving, not counting, not anything except eating what I want. Strangely enough, I don't feel too bad about it which I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It's all part of my pattern and I really want to break it, I just haven't. I'm not going to go into a bunch of excuses because there are no more left. I am going to face the reality that I have chosen not to do the things I should and do the things I shouldn't. What it will take to change is hard and for whatever reason I have not had the strength to do it.

I appreciate you gals still being here and being examples to me. Your success is empowering.

I actually have not even weighed in officially yet, so this should be interesting.

Hopefully my next post will be with better news.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #8  

Welcome, Lisa! Do you have any specific diets or work out plans that you do? Congrats on the 40 lbs that you have already lost...that is awesome!

How has everyone's week been?

Jade, were you able to get back on track this week?

LMB, hows dating and your crazy life been?

I got back on track this week and was able to loose 3 lbs so I'm back on my way to my Oct 15th goal of 215. 9 lbs to go and I still haven't broken my workout streak! I thought I would almost have to break it on Saturday because I had an early morning and stuff all day but I was able to race home and get one in and just get ready a little more quickly before meeting up with friends. I'm also noticing that my closes are looser. I've been having to wear belts to keep up my pants...its been a good motivator. After I loose a little bit more, I might have to go treat myself to a new pair of pants that fit. Maybe that will be my reward if I meet my 10/15 goal.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 166/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Lisa!! I hope we can help you make those 3lbs budge!

As for myself....I was doing pretty well not trying but just watching my portions until this past weekend where I binged after binged after binged. UGH. Luckily I do have some hope about getting back on track lol I'm joining a gym with a friend and I really feel motivated to use the membership. And I'm going to stop being an idiot when it comes to eating. Previously I was trying to really hold back and avoid breakfast and have a protien shake for lunch but then by dinner I'm starving and eat my entire kitchen. No more. Breakfast will be a sensible granola bar, lunch will be a lean cuisine or lean pocket and then dinner will be reasonable. No more depriving myself and then binging! It's just stupid. Slow and steady wins the race and I know this! lol

Jade- did you get back on track?

Asamalee- still going strong with the working out? I'm definitely going to try to use you as motivation for when I join the gym!!

We still have 25 days ladies! We can make that number on the scale move!
lmb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #10  
Looking forward

Hey gals, sorry I haven't written in a while. I have not gotten back on track but I have been back on stepping stones.

My hubby and I are planning on starting to train for a ski trip we will be taking in February if all works out with our family's time share. So starting in October (after all the crazy over time for him is done) we are going to commit to a work out that preps us for that.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks for still being here even when we're low.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #11  
Looking forward

Hey gals,

Not sure if anyone is still checking here, I know I have been super lax in anything concerning weight loss.

The usual is happening: apathy, stress, over-whelmed, etc.

Some times I feel like sharing because I want us to know we're not alone but some times I know I have written the same reasons/excuses so many times there just feels like no point anymore.

I hope you gals are doing much better than I am and are continuing to strive for your goals. I've hit a huge wall that I am struggling to climb over. I know that this weight is not going to lose itself, I just haven't found for me what it takes to get me to make changes that remain and stay consistent.

I hope you're all doing well and that we hear from each other again, even if we aren't succeeding.

-Michelle
Old 09-29-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  

hi girls!

i guess we've all been busy...not much action on here but it appears jade and i had the same idea of checking in today.

jade..good luck starting a new work out/motivator!

i've done a pretty bad job of tracking on WW but i'm trying to still do it mentally with a rough estimation. i've got to get back to tracking more consistently cuz it keeps me more accountable and on track and i loose more typically. i've still been working out every day but its getting harder to get up and do it. i think i need to find a new dvd because i'm getting bored of it. i'm still pretty much on track for my 45 day goal. i need to have a super good week to get back on top of it. i'm about a pound or 2 away from the mini goals i had set along the way.

not sure if any one else is still focused on the 45 day challenge but if you are...keep it up!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:04 AM   #13  
Looking forward

ashamalee: way to go! That is so awesome that you are still on track for your 45 day goal.

I know I am definitely not but I'm going to work on planning out my October today since the 1st is on a Saturday and that is my usual weigh in. I have not weighed in for most of if not the whole month, pretty much been just looking the other way.

Thanks for checking in ashamalee, good to hear from you and keep up the good work! I'm hoping I will have better news about myself in the coming weeks.