Old 09-01-2011, 01:57 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 258/207/145

Height: 5'4"

Emme First of all I wanna say your weight loss is so inspiring for me, 110lbs. so awesome!!! Just starting my weight loss journey with a goal of losing 110lbs.

September goals:

1. To lose 10-15lbs. So by the end of the month I would like to weigh between 238-233.
2. To workout at least 4-5 times a week.
3. To force myself to eat at least 5 times everyday (to keep my metabolism up).
4. To stay MOTIVATED =-)
Thrivefor145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #17  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Christine. Your goals are great and I know you're going to have a great job this month. Just stay committed and focused. I also have to constantly fight off the ugly binge monster. It's a struggle but with the encouragement and motivation we get here, we can do it.

Emme - Since you've managed to take off over 100 pounds, How did you keep the binges at bay? I'm sure I'll probably get those urges but I just want to be able to resist them. I'm hoping that as my total weight loss increase, those desires to binge will subside.

Tricia - I'm giving PointsPlus another try too. I started an At Work program about a month ago and so far, I'm liking it better than I did earlier in the year when it first came out. I'm just having to get used to the changes in points for foods. I do like the fact that I don't have to deduct points for fruit. So far I'm losing steady and I'm praying that I don't hit a plateau anytime soon.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #18  
Stay Focused & Committed

Welcome aboard Thrive. We'll be in your corner cheering you on
Your goals for September are great ones.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #19  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Hubby and I had a heart to heart last night about our eating, which has gone horribly wrong.
Penguin ~ My husband and I had a talk about the exact same thing not too long ago. We are both pretty good eaters during the week, but one weekends we are a force to be reckoned with: let's go eat out, let's go get ice cream, let's go do this, etc...not good. But, I do know what you mean about seeing him going back for thirds. Kinda stinks sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrivefor145 View Post
Emme First of all I wanna say your weight loss is so inspiring for me, 110lbs. so awesome!!! Just starting my weight loss journey with a goal of losing 110lbs.

September goals:

1. To lose 10-15lbs. So by the end of the month I would like to weigh between 238-233.
2. To workout at least 4-5 times a week.
3. To force myself to eat at least 5 times everyday (to keep my metabolism up).
4. To stay MOTIVATED =-)
Thrive ~ Your goals look great! Keep visiting this thread and we'll help to keep you motivated. Weight loss isn't always an easy process, but stick with it. The results are worth it. A good quote I found once was, "I'm not telling you it's going to be easy. I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post

Emme - Since you've managed to take off over 100 pounds, How did you keep the binges at bay? I'm sure I'll probably get those urges but I just want to be able to resist them.
GettinFit ~ I was able to keep binges at bay when I was calorie counting from January-July of this year because mentally I knew I had to stay within a certain calorie limit. I don't know what it was that finally "clicked" this time, but it just happened. HOWEVER, when I hit goal and started half-a$$ing my calorie counting, that's when I started slipping again. I ate an entire medium Domino's pizza and three ice cream bars in about 30 minutes one afternoon...and I still could have gone back for more. I didn't feel bad about it or associate any negative feelings with it, but I knew that I couldn't do that if I wanted to maintain my weight. The last thing I want to do is "undo" what I have already done. I just LOOOOOOVE food so much. I consider myself a "foodie." So, that's part of the reason I wanted to do the 60-day OP challenge. I was just starting to slip a little too much and felt like I was losing a bit too much of my control.

Last edited by Emme; 09-01-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: size 12/size 2-4/size 4

Height: 5'5

GettinFit: Totally helps to have this thread going on! And to be accountable! I think publicly posting my food and having a place to keep me in check actually helped me with my choice to not have a peanut butter cup instead of the fruit for a snack today. Both have roughly the same cals but the fruit is so much more filling. And to remember to save my banked calories for something more worth it on the weekend or next week.

Emme: I've done the medium pizza by myself at Dominos with the cinnamon bread sticks. LOL. But what's awesome is that you aren't beating yourself up about it... Just recognizing it and moving on, which I think is pretty healthy. I think for me sometiems the worst of the "eating bender" is how I punish myself afterwards... Then it's salting a wound and harder to get on track.

Good luck everyone!!! All looks so far so good today :-) I am beginning the afternoon hours at work which are the most challenging with the snacking. I will keep the binge monster at bay! Hugs all around!

Last edited by christine123; 09-01-2011 at 04:20 PM.
christine123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:01 PM   #21  
~Kim~

Evening lovely ladies!

Welcome to Girly, Thrive and Christine! This is a great group and I hope you find us motivating and supportive!

Penguin ~ My husband and I have had that talk a time or too as well. We weren't doing our best when he left for school a few months ago. I'm hoping to be very solidly in a new way of eating before he gets home so that I can be a good influence on him. =)

Tricia ~ Good for you! I haven't decided if I'm going to actually try to do the C25K plan or just do my own thing like Emme. I don't want to get all caught up in trying to keep track of the times jogging and walking and get all confused. I bought some new clothes today to jog in and I'm going to spend the next few weeks psyching myself up and getting ready.

Everyone's goals for the month look great!

I had a good day, no exercise, but I did get some motion in walking around shopping for half the day. Lots going on!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:32 PM   #22  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sept 1
B= 2 c milk, vits, apple
L= PBJ
S= 1 cup dry cereal
D= 1/2 BBQ pork pizza
S= ice cream
S= cereal with milk
E= 45min cardio

I could have done a little better today. I don't think I'm eating enough in the mornings so by nighttime I want more to eat.

Kim, its so much easier to lose weight when BOTH of us are committed.

Emme, Hubby likes to skip breakfast, eat a small lunch then by dinner he's starving so eats everything. I'm trying to make smaller meals overall so he can't go back for seconds but I like haveing leftovers too. Something in your post to Gettin resonated with me. I feel its such a habit to overeat that I don't always realize when I should stop until I'm overly full. I've tried 'hunger' plans but they just don't seem to work for me.

Gettin, If I had to deduct points for fruit, I would never eat fruit again! This was my problem with Cal counting. I was eating a lot of stuff I didn't enjoy/like solely because it was low calorie so I could meet my limit.

Thrive, Welcome, glad to have you join us! I'm trying scheduled eating of several small meals a day, and I'm having trouble with it. Some days I feel like all I do is eat!! I never thought I would say that like its a bad thing, but I'm not sure its helping get me 'over' overeating!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 159/140/130

Height: 5'6.5

Penguin, Emme, GettinFit, TooManyDimples, thanks for the welcome!

Emme, my dance workout is similar to Zumba, if you are familar with that. But it's a lot more intense, and has boot camp aspects to it, like push ups, squats, plyometrics, etc. Some days we do the dance/boot camp version, which is a mix of cardio and toning, and other days we do an hour of Latin, which is mainly cardio (and lots of sexy moves!). It's the most intense workout I've ever found, and sooo much fun!
SoFlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:18 AM   #24  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Happy Friday

I am soooo glad it's a long weekend too. It's so good to see everyone so pumped and doing so well. I just know that we're all going to do awesome this month with this challenge.

Emme
- Thanks for sharing the info on binging. I know posting my food here will help. I just need to be sure to do it every day and be sure to include every morsel that goes in my mouth.

Penguin - Are you following a specific food plan or way of eating?

Kim - Great job on another good day and the walking while shopping definitely counts as exercise! Yesterday my exercise consisted of doing some extra walking around the bldg at work and doing the stairs a few times during the day. I really got my heart rate up when I went up 5 flights.

Christine - I hope you were able to keep the binge monster away yesterday!

The scale was down to 215.6 for me this morning. I am so excited that it is gradually moving down a little each day. (Emme - I'm trying not to stress as this is where I hit the plateau last time). I'm sure that doing this challenge is going to help me get past this number. This morning I got up early and did a Turbo Jam 20 min workout before leaving for work. I plan to do another workout after work or I may go for a walk. I am just so pumped and motivated!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #25  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Friday 9/2

B: Cappucinno, greek yogurt
L: Taco Salad, WW 2 pt bar
S: WW Baked cheddar crisps, peach, banana, D: TBD
Exercise: Turbo Jam

Last edited by GettinFit; 09-02-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #26  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Gettin, am I supposed to be following a specific food plan? Yes. Have I actually been following it over the past few weeks? Err, No! That's my first problem right there, adding in that I haven't exercised hasn't helped anything. The plan is a higher protein lower carb plan that I got out of an exercise book. I've used it before but I tend to get bored with it easily. Its generic in that it doesn't spell out exactly what I'm supposed to eat each meal but its heavy on chicken and fish/seafood {as most diets are}. Since Hubby is allergic to the fish/seafood part I eat majority chicken and get bored quickly.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #27  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies, and welcome to Thrive, Girly & Christine!

Girly - I would love to learn more about your dance workout. What is the workout called? I'm interested in checking out Zumba and anything like it - dancing is a great way to get your workout on! The combo of dancing and plyos sounds intense and thrilling (I love a good intense workout)!

Penguin, Emme, Kim - my soon-to-be hubby and I have had the same talk in the last few weeks! We know we deserve better - so we have to take responsibility and do better. It's awesome to have your partner in your corner, isn't it?

GettinFit - Congrats on the gradual progress on the scale. Hopefully going in to WW 100% will give you a boost to get past your plateau number. Talking to your meeting leader and reviewing your journal with your leader might help identify any issues you may have (if you hit a plateau again).

So in addition to the other stuff in my OP challenge, a part of my plan for today is to buy some good running sneakers, and a flexible knee brace for my C25K program - which I'll start on Sunday. The last time I did the C25K program (two years ago!) I hurt my knee and will be very careful this time to wear proper sneakers and support that knee. I will also see if I could get a sports watch with a timer to help me keep track of my running times. Emme and Kim - keeping track of the time was super annoying the last time I did it because I was trying to be precise. This time around I will follow the schedule's timing with approximation and see how that works.

Hope everyone has a great and OP day!

Last edited by Tricia Fierce; 09-02-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #28  
Stay Focused & Committed

Penguin - No you don't have to follow any specific plan. Just whatever works for you. Hopefully you won't get bored with your foods this time. You are so good about trying new recipes. I really need to start doing that more. I have a Weight Watchers - Cooking for 2 Cook Book that I love to cook from. I may pull it out and use it this weekend and try something new.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #29  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

GettinFit ~ It's awesome that you hit 215! Don't even think about this number anymore...I know it's where you hit the plateau the last time, but that was the past and today is a different day. 215 is just a blip you are going to see until you get to 214, so keep on pushing!

Tricia ~ Yes, get some good sneakers! I bought new ones after I started running and wow did they make a difference! I also have ice packs that I wrap around both knees when I'm done running and leave them there for about 15-20 minutes. You'll do great, I just know it!

Man, I barely eeeked in under my 1900 calorie limit yesterday, but I made it work!! Gotta love calorie ranges!

Day 4 OP
B: Cheerios w/milk, pb & fruit spread toast w/cinnamon (156)
L: Lean Cuisine & snap peas (370), gum (5)
S: Fage greek yogurt (120), popcorn (100), cheese stick (80), mini snickers (90)
D: Subway Oven Roasted chicken breast on wheat (640), ice cream (280)
Total so far...1841
Exercise: Ran 2.22 miles this morning

Have a great day today, everyone!

Last edited by Emme; 09-02-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #30  
~Kim~

Morning ladies.

GettinFit ~ I know you're going to get past that plateau this time! You're doing great. We'll both be under 200 before we know it.

Tricia and Emme ~ I think I came up with a good plan for C25K. I made 3 playlists for my ipod. Each one has songs that total up to about 20-22 minutes. So I'm going to walk to the track as my warm up and then I'm going to start my playlist. Song one I'll jog as long as I can and then walk. When the next song starts I'll start jogging again and so on and so on. It wont be all accurate like the schedule but it will be a lot simplier to track than trying to use a timer. And over the weeks I should be able to jog longer into each song so that will be a neat way to track my progress. =)

Off to exercise, hope everyone has a great day!
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote