Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #166  
Tactless but Honest :)

S/C/G: 188/178.6/140

Height: 5'4''

envelop- You're not lying! I didnt think I ate THAT bad. I mean Good G**. I'm going to remedy this situtation starting tomorrow. RAR!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

PacSunMama- Good job packing lunch for the amusement park. I don’t know about you but I now pack my own food for everything because I just can’t bring myself to go off plan even for a day. I hate it when the scale jumps all of a sudden and even though you know it isn’t accurate you want the smaller number back.

Rainbow- Thank you so much for taking the time to look through the menu for me. I didn’t even think of asking them to make modifications for me since I haven’t really gone out to eat since I started to watch my calories. But your right they should be able to and I have already decided I am only drinking water…no sugary alcohol drink for me.

Kuri – I know exactly what you mean not wanted to run outside because of people judging you. I know it is hard but who cares about them, they are strangers and their opinion shouldn’t matter. I bet people will be thinking that they wish they had the confidence or the motivation to run outside rather then judging you.

Envelope – That is so cool that you got to check out the batman movie set. That’s not something you get to do everyday.

Thanks everyone who gave me some options for healthy menu items. I wanted to figure it out in advance so that I have my mind made up and don't pick something bad. I really want a good weight loss this week!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #168  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope View Post
When I took my son to his ref. clinic this morning in Pittsburgh, I decided to grab a cup of coffee before heading home. I ended up wondering into Gothem City...complete with snow! They are filming the newest batman movie in town. When I went to pick my son up, I brought my girls and we all had a blast walking around Gothem City...and hearing the explosions for filming. We got a good look at the bat plane, and a taxi with a Gothem City licenese plate. The kids had a blast playing in the snow and throwing snowballs! My son brought a snow ball home to save as a momento.

Reso - the cherries sound so good right now.

OK that sounds pretty cool, you should of taken pictures.

The cherries are good, too good really, i ate another entire bag when i was done my walk today so i went and bought two more late this afternoon Plus they had grapes on for 1 dollar a pound so i gots me a couple of bags of them also ( i'm so into fruit lately it's nuts ).

Pokey : I'm so glad you are hitting your stride now, i just knew you needed to eat a bit more to get your body up to speed, everyone seems to think starving is the answer, it's not though... especially if you are working towards being healthier through exercise. Needs to be a balance between everything in order to function properly.

DZackery : My weight jumps all over, every pound is around 3500 cals so unless you have a tremendous intake of calories over your alloted amount it's just to much sodium or water retention or stress be it mental or physical, even lack of sleep causes fluctuations.

Did my walk today 10K, came home and cleaned the yard, loaded the truck up with another load of rubbish for the dump ( where does all this crap come from ? ) Proceeded to the grocery store for more fruit then came home and did 24 K on the bike even though i tryed to talk myself out of it mentally ( apparently being sick is an excuse to be lazy in my head ) To heck and back with that thinking, my weigh in tonight put a definative smile on my face... 189 pounds, truly mind boggling to say the least, only 4 more pounds to hit my third revised goal weight, i can't go a whole lot lower, not sure whats gonna happen then. Might possibly aim for 180 but i really can't go any lower than that i don't think, don't want to look sickly.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #169  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Lost 3/1
Miles 126.8
Pledge 1
Old 08-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #170  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

envelope...black and white dress? the studio 1 dress??? was that YOU??? omg....why didn't you tell me!!! awwww thank you!!

rated....you are so welcome, i too look up menus before i go, because having a plan is MORE THAN HALF THE BATTLE my friend!! you are wise to plan ahead!! and you can always add a lemon wedge or lime to your water, sometimes i add splenda and ask for extra lemons, squeeze then in for instant lemonade!! sometimes i even ask for a few cherries...and pop them in so that no one realizes i'm not "having a drink" when they are!! H2O all the way honey!! keep up the good work!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #171  
Feed Your Freedom

looks like sarge's platoon stole the show again!!!!
Yeah Red Team!!! WAY TO GO AGAIN!! WHOOOP WHOOOOP!!!

Biggest Loser:
Kris2008; -2.6lbs, -1.52%

Honorable Mentions:
peanutt; -2lbs, -1.20%
Angie; -2lbs, -.97%
celrae; -2; -.87%

Team Loss of -12.4, -.56%

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE RED TEAM FOR WINNING THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE

WAY TO DO IT SARGE'S BUTT-BUSTING MID WEEK HUMPING CHICKADEES!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #172  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post

rainbowsmiles : Your picture really helped push me yesterday Every day when i get home and prepare for my walk i tell myself " just one more time ", i don't think about anything but doing what needs to be done at that moment, seems to help me mentally.
awww reso..... just keep doing what you're doing...its working!!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 157/154/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi Sarge, I'm new! I promise to lose 1.5 pounds next week!

Okay, please count me in!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 255/235/135

Height: 5'7"

MINDY!! YAY!! A new recruit to help pound those pounds into pounded pou ... er ..... into submission. So step up and get your ammo --- don't forget to sign up for the jet pack raffle (and be careful of Cheshire and MadamB if you happen to win) --- and join our happy little band of scallywags.

When I first read your post, I thought your name was MinNyMoo. Naturally I thought you were an entertainer from the USO..... but now I have to ask: where is Mork????

Last edited by Skinny in Oz; 08-22-2011 at 10:36 AM. Reason: grammar police sting
Old 08-22-2011, 02:06 AM   #175  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

C25K Starts... Right NOW!

pledging 2 pounds this week.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:40 AM   #176  

GOOD MORNING! *School officially begins in a half hour!* What do IIIII want to do today? Hmmm...I must think it over.

Happy losing to all! Off to drop kids.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:27 AM   #177  
Living the Life

Good Morning Recruits!

The bugle has sounded, get up and get going!

Welcome to the new ones!!

Yay for more c25k-ers. Running sneak into your toes, then under your skin and worms it's way into your soul.

Goobster jet pack stealer-Oh, the platypus is not so silly as you think. You better watch out below, as my platypus zooms over head spitting broken rocks as recruits who are just sitting there!!! Watch your toes too, this platypus is venomous (oh yes they are) and is looking for a lazy soul to sting.

Now I have no more time for chit-chat. Work is calling, then a 5 mile run afterwards because.....

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 08-22-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #178  

Height: 5' 8"

Brown - you were able to jog for an hour? If so that is great! I am curious...why did you choose 6.1mph for the running part? That would be a 10 minute mile! You are pounding your legs and they have not had time to build up and get used to it. I bet if you slow it down, you will be able to progress with C25K. You can always work on speed after you get to the distance you want.
BTW - I am doing a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks and I will most likely finish it all averaging just under 15 minute miles and jogging the entire time.

Yeah K^2! Another C25Ker!!!

Welcome MindyMoo

Reso - I did take pics...will try to figure out how to post them later.

Rainbow - I love the dress. I have to go to a meeting before my event Fri night, so I will put on a light weight sweater for the meeting, then take it off for the party. I will have my kids take some pics when I put it on. This week I am working on getting rid of my bodymedia fit tan line...since I do not usually do strapless and I almost always wear the bodymedia fit, this was not an issue before.

DZach - enjoy the first day back to school! My girls start on Thurs with a 1/2 day for the first 2 days. My start date was pushed back (yippee, extra days of break!) until the 30th. My son does not start until after Labor Day.

Josey - I ended up trying everything in my closet and drawers on...I have 4 bags of clothes to go to St. Vincent De Pauls, including 3 winter coats! I can not believe it!!! I only kept 3 pairs of pants that are a size up (for EDITED) Everything else either fits or it is slightly too small.

Last edited by envelope; 08-22-2011 at 01:47 PM. Reason: :) Don't want Sarge to go Nuclear
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Reso Stated,
DZackery : My weight jumps all over, every pound is around 3500 cals so unless you have a tremendous intake of calories over your alloted amount it's just to much sodium or water retention or stress be it mental or physical, even lack of sleep causes fluctuations.

Wow this is so true today, it still is hard to see the fluctuations. This weekend food and exercise have been on track for a slight loss or maintain. Then this morning I had a 3 pound gain, it makes you want to give up. This is not real weight and I will happily report that I am still at maintenance level later this week. But, wow it is hard to see, especially when you are trying.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #180  

Reso and Cel: Thanks, I know the scale jumps to and fro but being a numbers person it kills me to see such a huge gain. I know I wasnt eating the best I could have but I didnt feel like I made such bad decisions that it would do that. I felt better after my run last night. I'm planning on going tonight too. I would go right now but my kindergartener doesnt start school till wednesday. Ya for stagger start. HAHA.

I think we are going to go to town today and get a few "mommy wants this"
items like my yummy body wash and purfume, some contact lenses and some repeats of the sunglasses my two year old snapped in half. I wish everything was open right now but for now I will get some housework done.
Closed Thread