Sarge's No Excuses & No Whining Boot Camp #13

You're on Page 14 of 33
Go to
  • SARGE & Rainbow: touché
  • Quote: why i NEED AND RESPECT THIS THREAD!!!
    SEE SARGES POST #193!!!

LEAD ON SIR....and COUNT ME IN!!! [/SIZE]
    ok...i'm done with the soap box sir!
    Super busy today but just had to say.... Rainbow I heart you <3

I second that motion!
    LEAD ON SIR....and COUNT ME IN!!!
  • You guys are fabulous, and here's why: those other threads that pat you on the back and say, "There, there. You're on TOM so that's why you gained 7 pounds in two days. It's okay that you ate four pounds of chocolate, just try again next time" got me NOWHERE. I tried those threads and I FAILED because that enabling attitude helps no one in the long run.

Then I come here and I have some early success, and then, I start to struggle. I try and try and work my BUTT-er off and eat hardly anything and I gain weight. No one enabled me. No one said, "It's okay. You're gaining muscle/on TOM/sad because it's raining."

No, people jumped in. Peanutt, Reso, MadamB, Sarge, Chesh and others said "Let's figure out this problem." There was no back patting, or enabling or anything of the sort.

If you're truly here for support and advice, then way to go - and you'll get it here. This is the place to be. But if you're here to chit-chat and be enabled, then follow Sarge's directive and go somewhere else.

And with that, I'm headed out for my second BUTT-er burning workout of the day.

ETA: Rainbow, it's nice to see you!!!!!
  • The posts from Sarge, Rainbow and Pokey have me all twitterpated. I freaking love this thread.

• Thanks platoon... the way we DO things around here has resulted in just over 350 lbs. / (1,400 sticks o'butter) lost since 7/3 when Anon started our fantabulous spreadsheet! I love a WINNING formula!
  • rainbow-awesome post! Totally agree!

I'm going to think of this post when I'm sprinting/walking my BUTTer off tonight at the gym after work!
  • Awfully pleased with the amount of work I've gotten done today. Doing my yardwork. Been at it (with breaks for water and food) on and off since midmorning.

Sweating like a pig, but seeing real progress. No good way that I can think of to turn it into trek miles though, even though it's a lot of walking and lifting and moving stuff.
  • rainbow: Thank you, I've been thinking about you too.

pokey: I am so THRILLED to hear of your loss this past week!!!!! That is truly fantastic! I'm really glad you figured out what your body needs and where that sweet spot is between burn & intake; it makes such a huge difference.

peanut: I've been thinking about you as well, and wondering how you're feeling. When do you have your follow-up?

Huge fun thing today - I bought new althetic shoes!!! I've been wearing the same old pair I bought 5 or 6 years ago, and finally decided that today was the day to get some new ones. I had a professional fitting at a running store and all that. I love the shoes, and I can't wait to wear them tonight. My abdomen is pretty uncomfortable after the lifting I did yesterday, but I'm going to the gym anyway. A good, sweaty walk can cure almost anything.
  • Chick -- NTTAWW weight loss surgery???? Enlighten me please...
  • Quote: Chick -- NTTAWW weight loss surgery???? Enlighten me please...
    i think she means....not that theres anything wrong with....NTTAWW = Computer lingo
  • Rainbow -- Thank you for your earlier post & the "doh" moment on the computer lingo!
  • Amen! I agree with Sarge, Rainbow, Pokey and peanut.
    ( I think if I hear the words TOM one more time "MY" eyes may bleed too)

Sarge - I am still bothered by my goose egg from last week. I am putting out double the effort of last week. I am pledging 1000 minutes of exercise for myself. A personal best and I want to change my pledge for this week. I am going to get some awesome results this week .

Sarge - please change my pledge to 4 pounds. Thank you!!!

Congratulations to all of last weeks losers.
  • Thanks for the computer lingo lesson!

Jeanettey -- How about I leave your pledge as is and WHEN you bring BIG NUMBERS, cause I know you will, we use it to cushion those who might struggle this week... it's kind of nice having a "cushion" in number crunching...not so much having a "cushion" on our butt-ers!
  • Quote: Brown - you were able to jog for an hour? If so that is great! I am curious...why did you choose 6.1mph for the running part? That would be a 10 minute mile! You are pounding your legs and they have not had time to build up and get used to it. I bet if you slow it down, you will be able to progress with C25K. You can always work on speed after you get to the distance you want.
    BTW - I am doing a 1/2 marathon in a few weeks and I will most likely finish it all averaging just under 15 minute miles and jogging the entire time.
    I'm not doing c25k, and no I can't jog for an hour. I (speed?)walked at 3.8. I was just saying that back when I was trying out formal running programs, the jogging intervals were at a slower speed than that, so I was impressed.
  • Chick - Thanks for the congrats! It's taken awhile, but I'm finding that 2k calories a day is about where I need to settle right now to get the scale moving. I've only had the BodyBugg for 10 days and have only been in the 2k range for that ten days, but I'm seeing positive patterns no matter what. I've told my husband and a few others that if I end up losing on 2k calories a day, I don't know whether I'll laugh or cry - because for so long, I've been miserably going on 1,000 - 1,200 per day. There needs to be a definite tweak in the dieting mindset in general, because so many of us think that 1,200 is some magical number, when in reality, all I did was make myself sick with stress because I was under that magical number, working my BUTT-er off in exercise, and gaining weight. Crazy crazy. I'm happy to see you're getting back at it! And yay on the new running shoes - every time I get a new pair of running shoes, I feel like I can run faster, haha