Old 08-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #61  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Betty Grrl!!!

Great job Lauren!

sheramama - it's cool, she at least has more range of motion with it now We will find out how the rest works once the healing is closer to done, and the odds are against us -but that's usually when we win
Sounds like you had a super time in Philly!!!! I am so glad for ya!

AFM - Went biking with my youngest Saturday, then took the dog for a jog... the dog quit before I did, LOL! Then yesterday I surpassed my "high" on elliptical, so feeling pretty accomplished. DH has even been noticing reshaping as of late too!!!! That's great cause that poor man never noticed anything, LOL!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #62  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

ItsMyTurn--Awesome workout! Congrats for the new elliptical benchmark!
BIG accomplishments!!! He noticed

Lauren--You go, girl!

Weigh-in this morning...down 1.2 lbs since Friday!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:13 AM   #63  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Today was my last weigh in for my 6 month "metabolic syndrome" city-sponsored weight loss support class. I was 123.4 kg (272.05 pounds), down from 132 kg (291 pounds) on Jan 17th, when I started the class. We had monthly weigh ins and a discussion group, dieticians gave a lecture, etc. The whole thing was in rapid fire japanese and kind of hard to follow at times but the whole thing is so familiar to all of us (food pyramid, typical caloric values and calorie burning activities etc) - it could have been in romanian and I think everyone here could follow along.
Anyway I was down a total of 8 kg (17.64 pounds) and they thought it was terrific. Of course that's not a lot for me but it is for a japanese woman who weighs 55 kg.
I'm just so glad that I was able to maintain a steady loss and not show back up 6 months later and post a gain; it could have easily happened.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 PM   #64  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Floriduh.. Your rockin this month!!

Darius.. Congrats!! Is there any follow up classes like that, that you'll be joining?
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #65  
~Star~

Floriduh - Great job on the loss! What a great reinforcement to the work!

darius - I think that sounds like a great loss! It was all down, not up! Progress is progress and you can take pride in the fact that YOU accomplished that progress! Super!

JillNicole - I LOVE seeing your ticker down in the ONEderland area!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #66  
Struggling Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
Darius.. Congrats!! Is there any follow up classes like that, that you'll be joining?
That was the last class and I won't be participating in any more classes. I already know what I am supposed to be doing; the hard part is just doing it.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:49 PM   #67  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Floriduh; Congrats on the weight loss.

Daruis: Fantastic job on the overall loss and especially for sticking with the program for so long

JillNichole: I am not going to be able to get on tomorrow so (a little early):

Last edited by sheramama; 08-08-2011 at 10:51 PM.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #68  
BlockHead =)

Checking in to see how everyone is doing...

jillnicole: Happy Birthday!! ... and....Onederland!! Wooohoo!!

darius: great job on the loss! did you meet anyone in the class that you might stay in touch with/be a workout buddy with?

ItsMyTurn: woohoo on the exercise and for the high accomplishment of getting a DH to notice! (I tease b/c mine is awesome but I think it's harder for someone who sees us every day to notice the changes).... and I hope DD is recovering well.

shera: sounds like a wicked fun weekend!

LaurenMarie: great job on the elliptical and WL!!

Floriduh: glad you kicked the darn pound to the curb

aleksandra: :highfive: way to keep at it, consistency pays off in the end. And, I am inspired by your WL! You also seem to have a great attitude about where you are now with the WL. It kinda sux that it slow down as we get so close to our goals, but it is what it is and we can't let it discourage us. Just got to keep on keeping on.

Thanks for the exercise ideas and motivation jillnicole & aleksandra!

Things are going well here. I am going to modify my goals to reflect where my current focus is. I am tracking everything for nutrition now, cals/carbs/fiber/fat/cholesterol/potassium/sodium/protein. I'm really focused on keeping cals/carbs/sodium/fat lower and increasing fiber and potassium. I am finding hew recipes and stocking up the freezer with precooked healthy meals as well as sauces. It's a lot to work on and I am going to hold off on making exercise a goal for now. Though when the mood strikes me I'll give it a go. Also, I think with my current BS readings the more realistic goal is 135 for an average for the month. I will still strive toward 1 gallon of water a day, but realistically it's more like 1/2 gallon.

So modified goals:
Lose 10 lbs
Stock my freezer with healthy food and my recipe box with healthy recipes
Drink a gallon of water a day
Average BS for the month 135 or less

Keep up the great work everyone! We can do it!!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #69  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

Default Happy Birthday JillNicole!!!

All the best wishes for a fabulous birthday &
celebration for breaking the barrier into Onederland!

Thanks for all you do here!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #70  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

ItsMyTurn.. Me too! Thank you! I actually was my highest weight 235 lbs in 2002 and slowly lost 100 lbs, then gained a little back and maintained 150-160 lbs for years until the end of 2009 when my thyroid spiraled out of control.. It was always a little over what it was suppose to be but I was able to keep the weight off.. My doctor thinks because I was vegan the year up to it and eating to much soy that the soy bounced it out if control. I went from 160 to 190 in a month!! Ever since has been a struggle!! So I can't wait to get back down to my normal size because I haven't bought much clothes and I want my clothes back lol!!

Darius.. Oh ok! Wish we there to run with you! *

SheraMama... Thank you so much, you're a doll

Jeniansmom... Thank you!! :hugs: I'm doing good so far this week... Asked everyone not to bring me or bake me cake today! :/ hoping no one slips one over, I'm not ready for that deliciousness to be in my face! Lol*
& I agree with your comment, it's definitely harder to notice when you see someone everyday! It's usually one day randomly that you're like Woah!!*
Also you have some great goals! *You're really thinking long term with your weight loss, a lot if people forget to do that, you're doing so awesome!! I love how diligently you tackle the issue! keep up the great work girl!*

Floriduh... Aww that was such a sweet happy bday message!! Thank you so much!! I feel so lucky to have this chat, we have such awesome people in here! *( & I love that everytime I read your screen name, my head sounds like I'm in the movie clueless.. Flori.. Duhhhhh... Lol makes me smile everytime! )*

thank you everyone for your continuous support and friendship, I truly appreciate each one of you
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #71  
~Star~

jeniansmom - Thank you so much! DD's recovery isn't as smooth since they found the extra work that had to be done, BUT... even though she had to miss first day of school, she WANTED to try it today and I said yes She has been walking with a cane now instead of her walker and I am so proud! She is so stubborn and it gives her such drive, I love it!!!!
Those sounds like some wonderful goals! It's so much easier to take on changes to a lifestyle gradually... exercise will come when you are ready In the meantime you have a bunch to keep track of and they are all wonderful!

JillNicole - You will so get to your goal and then you can buy a ton of clothes and feel proud in them!!!! I have no doubt with your determination and ability, that you will get there. Look at how far you have come even with a thyroid stumbling block!
I also hope you have a super HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!
Old 08-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 226/213/174

Can I join?

I started back on my weight loss journey last Tuesday 2nd and I've lost 3.5lbs so far.
My goals for this month are
Lose 7lbs by the end of the month
Make healthy food choices
Start exercising again. REGULARLY
Pickle27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #73  
~Star~

Welcome Pickle! Great to have ya on board! Those are wonderful goals!

jeniansmom - I just noticed you are from Maine! What part, if you don't mind my asking? I just moved to AZ 6 yrs ago come end of August...but lived in Maine for 31 yrs and loved it there. Had reasons I had to move, but still find myself referring to it as "home"
Old 08-09-2011, 07:12 PM   #74  
Struggling Member

jeniansmom that's a good question - I am always on the lookout for a workout buddy, but the class was very very small (only 3 other people) - and there wasn't anyone who would make a good future workout partner.
There are a lot of people in the program but the individual class size seems to be small.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:38 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Hey ladies! Just checkin in. Tomorrow is weigh in day and well I hate the scale but I hope it loves me tomorrow. I started the c25k so im just gonna push through that.

I thought it would be a WONDEFUL idea to go upto the college and walk/run. There is a path thats a mile long and im about a quarter of a mile from the campus. Im not sure about where you guys are but here in NC its HOT! Needless to say the sweat was pouring and I was tired. I did 2.5 miles.....Im def going to the gym tomorrow. HA
LaurenMarie720 is offline   Reply With Quote