Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #136  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

JillNicole: Go get that man of yours to rub it--I hear it heals faster

Aleksandra: Great job with the high reps...I am super sore for doing higher ones yesterday to make up for being a lazy bum Tue.

Floriduh: 1 more pound closer to goal, congrats.

ItsMyTurn: I think I can go for a drink after the week at work I had... Sometimes u just have to do it!

I took a walk with my client today and last night, did make up exercising. I am a little concerned that my knee is acting up again, but I guess I just have to be careful with it. I did primarily protein today...not bad though I wish I didn't eat those dry roasted peanuts...

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow, everyone!
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 287/265/200

Well, I went for weigh in today, Little did I realize that making appointments while thinking about breakfast is a bad idea. I thought my appointment was today and it was Monday! Got a extra No call, No show charge. The perk to all of that mess was I was down 12 pounds!
Just Sloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post

aleksandra - You aren't kidding! I am ADHD (and medicated), but when not on meds and not doing intensive exercise, DH says I can get... errrr... a bit aggressive with my reactions *insert innocent look here*. However he has noticed a big difference, even with my meds, since I began to do the heavier workouts This actually is more evidence to your point of it being even more beneficial! I tend to be a 110% or nothing type of person too... so when I do something, I fully immerse myself... fortunately there has been no downside at all to doing that with my fitness program. All of my stuff is at home except bicycling, but I can take one or more of the family members with me for that so they miss none of the valuable moments we get together! Totally have to pull a Charlie Sheen here.... WINNING!!! LOL!
this means exercise is great for your mind and body - how much these two are connected! really glad to hear this helps you so much!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:26 AM   #139  
BlockHead =)

Update:
3 lbs down for the week... .5 beyond my 10 lbs goal for the month.
Blood sugar is averaging under 130!! And probably will be less once I get a month of the new test strip readings in there.
Water is soso..I can tell the days I don't get enough and I'm def not reaching my gallon a day goal.
Doing much better about keeping healthy things in the house. Even when I was craving and ate higher cals and carbs right before TOM I didn't do too much damage because I had better choices around.

A bit nervous about this weekend...going to NH overnight for some hiking. Will bing healthy snacks and pack picnic lunches and the exercise will be great. Just nervous b/c I will have to contend with breakfast and lunch "out in the world". I will just have to make good choices and allow myself small treats I guess.

ItsMyTurn: thank you for the kind words last week! Yes I am getting healthier, I feel so much better. I despaired a bit earlier this week b/c I felt sooo crappy. But it was TOM related, I'm feeling almost all better, and I have to realize that even though I'm taking better care of myself I'm still going to have days when I feel crappy. That doesn't mean I'm failing or that it's ok to throw in the towel (though the whiney mini me inside sure tried to argue for that and get me to eat sugar!)
Hope you had a great long weekend and fun at the bbq!
Very cool on having your "home gym". We have bits and pieces here and there. When we get our basement dried out I want to make an "exercise zone" down there (along with a craft zone and a mancave hehe) and want to get some sort of weight bench. I think DS would enjoy that.
Sorry you weren't feeling well Glad you had the extra day off but not a fun way to spend it. hope you are back to yourself now.
Very cool that you and your mom are sharing this journey together! What a great support system to have for both of you!!
Congrats on this week's pounds down!!

Mini Moons
: welcome!

Floriduh: Thank you! And congratulations on your week last week too! And on this week too...you are rocking it!
Thank you for sharing your story. What a brave lady you are and bravo to you for working so hard to take great care of yourself. I'm glad you are starting to process some of your feelings surrounding everything you've been through. Being able to talk about it is a great healing step.

jllnicole: I had about the same feelings about Transformers3...with the first movie it was so well done I forgot I was watching a "Transformers" movie at times. With this one it kind of felt like 2 movies..1 that was trying to hard to be funny in the first half and then one that was nonstop action in the second. Sequels are always tricky. DS loved it of course..esp b/c the new girlfriend was "even hotter" than the last one. LOL. Gotta love 13 year old boys
Congrats on the .5 last week! And on not giving up. It's tough to make all the right decisions when we're not in our own home. Heck it can even be tough then Good for you for doing your best and enjoying your time with family!
on the fall.. I agree, get BF to help you out with that

LaurenMarie: yaaaay on the inches!! And on the pounds down..woohoo!

sheramama: migraines suck! HOpe you're still feeling better. Great job on the pounds down and on the pants fitting! In a few weeks they will be loose!

aleksandra: wtg on the 2.2 lbs!! And on sticking to you exercise plan..love how great its making you feel!

I'm impressed with all the exercise everyone is getting I'm continuing to be a couch potato but at least this weekend I should be using some butt and leg muscles hiking. Looking forward to it but at the same time I know it's going to hurt like heck for a couple days after hehe. It's good to read about the mind body connection too. I know just like getting my food moving in the right direction, I will start exercising when I'm mentally ready. But it's good to keep seeing reminders of why it's important. To keep it in the forefront of my mind.

JustSloan: woohoo!!! on the 12lbs!!

Sorry this got so long. With feeling crappy the first part of the week and being busy planning the trip the last few days I haven't been on here at all, and wanted to catch up with all you wonderful people!

Have a happy, healthy day everyone!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:45 AM   #140  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Floriduh - Swimming is a wonderful exercise. High resistance, but also still less impact on joints I love biking, but we have been 109-112 as of late... Nope, too hot.. so totally understand

sheramama - Maybe taking a supplement focused on the joints would help? Joint health is sold in the vitamins area here and I have heard good things from those that are active and combat that? I usually don't drink, but having our friends over (one of whom I used to go out drinking with a bunch back in the day), just kind of induced the desire, LOL. As all things, I have to remember moderation is the key, LOL

Just Sloan - Sorry about the charge, but so glad to hear of the loss on the scale!

aleksandra - I couldn't agree with you more!!!! I am not obsessive and overly ticked if I miss a night - life happens... but I do SOOO look forward to my next exercise availability

Jen - I am sure you will have a WONDERFUL weekend and do better than you may think for your choices in the outside world Congrats on the weight loss!!!! How awesome that you surpassed your goal?!?!? You have got to be the sweetest ever... I am glad you post on this forum to allow us to be there for you during those blah times! It's not just the "high" times we need each other for... but I am glad you won over the sugar monsters As far as the long post... have you Seen how much I post???? LOL!

JillNicole - I am glad you are able to one-cheek it and adjust around the sore bummy, LOL! Your posts pertaining to this are cracking me up...as well as the statements I never imagined I would have a reason to say in an online forum, LOL!!!!

AFM - Did my elliptical workout last night with incline upped to 20 and resistance on 4 Then was able to do my floor stretches and abdominal crunch series. Felt sooooo good when I was done. It's nice to be back to my normal self again!!!!
ItsMyTurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #141  
Inspired

S/C/G: 228/195/128

Height: 5' 3"

sheramama--Hope your knee is feeling better! Glad you were able to walk for exercise.

Just Sloan--WOW! 12 lbs down is awesome! LOL--I would pay extra to find a big loss like that!

jeniansmom--Great to learn you are feeling better. Hooray! for your 3 lb loss! Bigger Hooray! for exceeding your goal for the month with more than a week to go!

jillnichole--Hope your bum is feeling better today!

ItsMyTurn--Do you have citrus trees in your area of AZ? We've got white and pink grapefruit and a naval orange tree. The white grapefruit tree is HUGE--2+ stories tall. It's my fav vodka mixer too. Oh boy, I want a drink! Fruit will be ripe in November here.

Down another .4 lbs this morning. Managed to squeeze in another workout and lean dinner before the baseball game last night. Was able to resist the free chicken wing tasting and $1 beer at the ballpark. Total 2.6 lbs lost this week! Yay! Best wishes for good health, good weigh-ins, and a fabulous weekend to everyone!
Floriduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:49 PM   #142  
~Star~

Floriduh - First, congrats on the weight loss!!!! That is a super weight loss!!!!! As far as citrus trees, yes, we have those in our area. I, personally, don't have any in my yard though and we only moved into our place in January, so have yet to do any landscaping in the backyard yet. I am thinking of doing a mandarine orange tree That grapefruit tree sounds ginormous! 2 stories high is really tall for a tree, so must be pretty mature?
Old 08-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #143  
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyTurn View Post
I am thinking of doing a mandarine orange tree That grapefruit tree sounds ginormous! 2 stories high is really tall for a tree, so must be pretty mature?
Yes! It was two stories tall 12 years ago when we bought the house. It's a hoot entertaining out-of-town guests by reaching over the 2nd floor balcony and plucking the grapefruit from the tree for breakfast and beverage. Had several other citrus trees back in the early days (tangelo, juice orange, pink grapefruit) but they all died from old age (avg 25 year lifespan). Planted the new pink grapefruit and naval orange 4 years ago. They take 3 years to produce, and learned the hard way that the first year's fruit is routinely disappointing. Now I know not to judge a tree by its first crop. Have a giant avocado tree that produced hundreds of gigantic fruit last year. It burned itself out. Not a single fruit this year. Big old pecan tree, but can't ever beat the squirrels to the nuts. Mandarin orange sounds yummy! Congrats to you for your weight loss success and increased reps this week!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #144  
~Star~

Floriduh - When my MIL was living (passed just a couple months ago), in her backyard she had a naval orange tree and a lemon tree. I miss being able to go down and pick the lemons and whatever oranges the neighbors left for us off it We would keep it trimmed and maintained for her in return for being able to have the freshest fruit you can get I was thinking of possibly doing a lemon as well, but that tree seemed to need more of a drip water than the orange one did. There were no trees already on property since the house was built less than 5 yrs ago, but we are hoping to change that. Did you find any of them harder to tend than the others? Thank you so much for the props on the loss and upped working out... I have been really trying to get progressive in my fitness end of all this Either through difficulty level, reps, etc
Old 08-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #145  
Inspired

ItsMyTurn--very sorry to learn of your MIL passing. Was your move to AZ earlier this year related to being near her? [please forgive me if I'm being too inquisitive] Caught your comment about the neighbors leaving you some fruit! Around here, about half the neighbors have some sort of fruit tree. I've had neighbors ring the doorbell both to deliver overly abundant fruit and to request it. Last year I couldn't give away enough of the avocados fast enough.

As mentioned earlier, I learned the hard way about the first citrus crop being disappointing. Planted a new tangelo tree when we realized the old one was declining. The first crop was awful! It was so bad compared to the heavenly fruit on the old tree, we let the rootstock (lemon) take over. The big lemons were great for about three years, then the tree died from neglect in the back corner of the yard. If only I had known to give the tangelo tree another chance! The grapefruit trees are by far the most prolific, and require the least attention. All citrus need fertilizer every couple of months year round. Most benefit from topping the tree every few years (except my giant grapefruit tree). Citrus trees around here are grafted onto lemon rootstock. It is imperative to keep the thorny rootstock pruned back.

It's so great having support through this weight loss journey! Such an amazing group of phenomenal women from all walks of life sharing progress, pitfalls, and success! This forum is fabulous!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #146  
Being Me-Inside and Out

Down 3lbs this week
Old 08-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #147  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Today: 197
last week was 198.5, so happy with the wrigh in, not Hsppy that it's only 2 lbs in 2 weeks but I'll deal with it lol

Have to post quick today, still having Internet issues. Talk to everyone soon!!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #148  
Being Me-Inside and Out

Darius: Where are you? I miss you! Come back!!!!

Just Sloan: We've all done that. It happens. But 12 lbs? Whoo hoo!!! That's great!

ItsMyTurn: The suppliments might be a good idea. A client of mine tried to push me down the stairs over a year ago and I twisted it the wrong way to save from a two flight fall. I should have gotten it checed but it didn't bother me too much until a month after when I was playing badmitton with my daughter. I pulled something since it was already hurt. Now, it acts up from time to time. I am also jealous that you can grow all the fruit I love. I live in PA. Everything dies due to the odd cold spells we have even in summer. Aurgh. AND GREAT JOB on exercising!!

Floriduh: Same with ItsMyTurn- I am deeply jealous of your ability to have a grapefruit tree. It's one of my fav fruits. I would save so much money! Sorry about the tangellos though. CONGRATS on the nearly 3 lbs!

Jeniansmom: You are so kicking butt on all that weight loss! whoo hoo! How superfantabulous!! (Okay I am borrowing from my daughter again.) Hiking will def kick the exercise into high gear. I love to walk, but am a bug-hater which counters all my hiking here.

JillNicole: Don't be discouraged, honey. You are STILL losing! Maybe you need to change up the eating or exercise just to re-jump start your metabolism. Plus, the smaller you get, the slower it gets. Remember that. You are safely in Onderland without rebounding up
Old 08-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

I've lost anozher pound so that I've now lost 5 pounds during this challenge.
I'm off to vacation tomorrow, but I plan to stay on track there. I'll report myself back in in september - either in the september challenge for all or here to update my progress
Hope everyone is/will be doing well!!!!
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #150  
Inspired

sheramama-- 3lbs ditched this week is fantabulous!!!

Jillnichole-- 1.5 lbs down the memory hole this week Great progress! Hope you get your internet issues resolved quickly.

aleksandra-- Congrats for another pound lost! What a great way to kick start your vacation! Best wishes for R&R and plenty of fun. Looking forward to stories when you return!

Best wishes to all for a fun Saturday! Off to the pool for morning routine. Afternoon weather may not be cooperative, so planning to get extra time in this morning. The man unit is skimming the pool for me as I type this.