Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #181  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Today's Journal

B: Coffee 1 pt, banana
L: Lean Gourmet Sante Fe Rice & Beans - 8pts, 1/2 bag Olive Tortilla Chips - 2pts, 2 WW Snack bars - 4pts
S: WW Cheddar Twists - 3pts WW Popped chips - 2pts
D: Progresso Soup - 4pts
Exercise: TurboFire Fire 45
24/30 pts used today
30 Bonus pts left

Penguin - I just realized I didn't answer your question as to whether I like TurboFire. Yes I do like it but you're absolutely right that it is so fast. I still don't have all the moves down but I just make sure I keep moving and sweatin.

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-31-2011 at 04:28 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:33 PM   #182  
~Kim~

So I was thinking about C25K earlier. I was thinking that if I'm going to do it then I obviously want to do it before we move to Alaska. Which means I'd need to get it done by Thanksgiving because we'll be out of our house and home visiting family before we leave. I googled it to look at the schedule again and realized it's 9 weeks, not the 6 weeks I was thinking. SOOOOO, that means that if I want to do it, I'm going to have to start it the week of September 19th. Which is obviously very soon.

I'm hesitant for two reasons. I'm not sure I'm physically ready for it. I was hoping to be under 200 before starting it. I know heavier people do it all the time, but I haven't done as intense as jogging or running in a long time. I figure the smaller I am the easier it will be. That seems logical right?

On to reason 2, my being self-conscious issues. I'm not comfortable exercising in public, I haven't been for a good long while. I don't feel like I've seen enough changes to my body to feel confident enough to be seen running by anyone. Going to the gym and doing it on a treadmill is definitely out. We have a nice path here on post, and I've been on them a couple times walking. It's usually pretty deserted after PT in the morning, but I think I would be seriously embarrassed if someone saw me trying to run. Especially if it were a fit soldier!

Ok, so now I feel like I've talked myself out of doing it. So I need to focus on some positives.

If I do start it in a few weeks then by the time my husband comes home I'll be done with week 6. If I can keep up with the program and I'm doing good then at that point according to the schedule I'd be up to jogging 2.25 miles or 25 minutes without stopping. That would be awesome. My husband runs 2 miles in 13 to 14 minutes so I'd be no where near his level yet, but I know he'd be really proud that I'd gone from not running at all to that.

Also, it's just more exercise that could help me lose as much weight as possible before he gets home and we go home for Thanksgiving and see everyone again.

AHH!! I know this isn't as big a deal as I'm making it seem, but I just wanted to get my thoughts out and maybe get some advice from the people I chat with the most on here. If you were me, would you go for it?
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #183  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Ok, ladies, I started an On-Plan Beauties September link here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post4014846

Kim ~ Yes, I think you should definitely do C25K if you want to and I think you should do it outside if you really want to! I know it's easier said than done, but don't worry about what other people are thinking about you! I always feel glad for people when I see them out exercising, whether they are 120 pounds or 400 pounds. I'm just happy to see them out and moving because I know how beneficial exercise is!

But, you don't have to follow the C25K program if you would rather do your own. You can always walk for a bit, jog for a bit, etc. For me, C25K would have been difficult because I would have been paying so much attention to the clock and when I had to change up my pace. Maybe try "intuitive" jogging.

Last edited by Emme; 08-31-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:42 PM   #184  
~Kim~

Good point Emme. Something to consider. Thanks. =) And thanks for starting the new thread. I'm going to go list my September goals!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #185  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Thanks Emme for starting the Sept thread. I am so excited to see where I'll end up on 9/30. I hope we all do an awesome job! I am definately going to stay on track so that I don't break my OP streak.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #186  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Aug 31
B= 2 c mik, vits, 1/2 protein bar
L= Chili's S'west Eggrolls, 1/3 Lava cake
D= pot roast and veggies
S= ice cream
E= 45min cardio/weights

Kim, I would go for it. You can always modify/change to suit you.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:48 PM   #187  
~Kim~

Day 3 down! And goodbye August, I'm sorry I wasn't kinder to you and please don't get upset and jealous when you see how much better I'm treating September. =}