August Weight Loss Challenge!

You're on Page 1 of 9
Go to
  • August already?? Yup, it starts on Monday, and with a good two months left before those long sleeves and long pants make their return, it's a great month to lose some more weight or to get started on your weight loss goals. All are welcome to join us, and we hope you will!

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise goals http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...challenge.html, and all your exercise-related goals can be posted there. We love to hear about your success as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best.

So give us your weight loss goals for August, and let's start the month off right!
  • July was a slow month for me, but I plan to be ramping back up in August as I should be allowed to exercise again around the middle of the month! Starting from 196.2 lbs today, my goal for August is to get into the 180s - a number I can't even believe I'm typing! That should put me on track to hit 100 lbs lost by the end of September.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again this month, and good luck with your goals!
  • I'm pledging 8 - it will bring me into the 220's.

Start - 237.5
  • Hey, everyone! I haven't done one of these before (I had that one mid-July to mid-August, haha), but I'm glad to jump in! I'll update with my start weight and goal weight on Monday. ^^

EDIT: Start weight will be 148, and goal weight will be 139.3.
  • I am in!

My starting weight is 165lbs, I want to end August at 156... that will mean that I have lost 10% of my weight since I started to live this new lifestyle.

Hopefully I am not shooting too high.. but I figure a big goal will force me to work harder and stay focused during the tough moments.
  • Unfortunately I didn't meet my goal for July, so I'll be working especially hard in August. I'm hoping to lose 11 pounds this month and get to 160.
  • Hi everyone! My goal is to get down to 175 by the end of August. I'm currently hovering between 181 and 183, so that'd be just 6-8 pounds. Totally doable, right? Right.
  • I'd like to jump in too! I haven't done a challenge in close to 3 years and the pounds have crept back on. I will post my official starting weight and plan of action Monday morning. I already know my goal will be 6lbs for the month.
    Looking forward to meeting all of you and shedding some weight!
  • Quote: Hi everyone! My goal is to get down to 175 by the end of August. I'm currently hovering between 181 and 183, so that'd be just 6-8 pounds. Totally doable, right? Right.
    ABSOLUTELY doable!!! Good luck Foxy!
  • I am in! My goal is to hit 165 by the end of August. Will weigh in August 1st and post starting weight. "hoping" that its 175.0 or under as that is my goal to meet by then. Wish me luck!
  • Hope to lose 10 lbs this month. I'll be going back to school in 3 weeks ,so it may get harder. I hope not
  • Today is the last day of July and I weigh 172.

My goal is to weigh 162 by Aug. 31.
  • Glad to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones! These all sound like great goals for the month. I will get the goal list together tomorrow, and we'll get started on making August really count!
  • Thanks lene1974!

Good luck to everyone!
  • hi! I keep going up and down with my weightloss speed, and I just came off of a very nice drop. So....August is probably going to blow. ;-)

I'm going to shoot for 6 pounds lost, putting me at 140.

I do calorie counting and lots of different exercise, bu tmy fave right now is Zumba.