Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:55 PM   #76  
At it again

Good evening troops!

Happy birthday Chick. Hope it was a great one!

Iilanae, you look like a serious athlete in your pics. Very impressive!

Rated, can you bring some healthy snacks for your weekend, just in case your mom doesn't? I realize your eating options may be limited, but a weekend in the woods sounds like a great opportunity to get some exercise.

To all of our runners/joggers/walkers . . . you guys really inspire me. I spent so many years thinking I was too fat to work out. It amazes me that so many of us who were serious couch potatoes can now consider ourselves "athletes". LOVE it!

Psst, Sarge, when you have a moment, can you please add my 5K Classic on 9/18 to the race list? I wouldn't normally ask, but once I see it in print, there will be no backing out!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #77  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Rated - someone else may be preparing the food, but you always control how much goes on your plate and in your mouth! Don't depend on others to bring your healthy options for you....bring your own fruits, veggies, yogurt, whatever healthy snacks you can. And I agree that a weekend in the mountains is the perfect opportunity to have an incredibly active weekend! Get out there and walk, hike, run, play frisbee, swim, bike, whatever!
Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

I plan on bringing some healthy snacks but I don't have a cooler so anything that needs to be kept cool has to go in the family cooler and my mom will decide how much room there is for my stuff. I know it will be okay but I just hate giving up the control I am used to since I weigh and measure everything I eat. It is only 4 days and I will maintain my weight as long as I am smart about it.

Last edited by Rated; 07-27-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #79  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated View Post
I plan on bringing some healthy snacks but I don't have a cooler so anything that needs to be kept cool has to go in the family cooler and my mom will decide how much room there is for my stuff. I know it will be okay but I just hate giving up the control I am used to since I weigh and measure everything I eat. It is only 4 days and I will maintain my weight as long as I am smart about it.

When we went up north a couple of weeks ago i took pears, oranges, rice crackers, rice chips, cottage cheese etc... for myself, i'm glad i did because everyone else was eating potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate bars, all manner of horrible caloric foods. Funny thing was people seemed to enjoy my rice snacks just as much. Do what you gotta do.

So it looks like i will be getting a newer truck, , i'm so excited, the finance rate is 8.9% not the greatest but not so bad as to stop me, will probably be picking it up next tuesday or wednesday ( needs to be detailed and gone over once in the garage , no hurry i guess ) Previous owner was one that cared and obviously took care of it, almost looked detailed already to me.

Anyways enough about my crappy goings on, i so far have rode 3 miles and walked 6.2, will see if the wind dies down a bit i might do a 6 or 10 mile hard ride later.

Jaytee : Yeah it's strange but i can hardly sit still any longer, i just have to be outside it seems doing something, come winter i might have to join a gym.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #80  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Rated - Weekend at the cabin sounds awesome! I would love to go. I would suggest to bring some carrots and celery (there are fine without cooling) or so, something that keeps well. And eat smaller portions. I find portion control gets me through anything.

@Anon - I finished W9D2 today! Woohoo! One more and I'm DONE! Unbelievable. I am still in shock! I also downloaded the "bridge to 10k" app today so I have no excuses! I will definitely throw in some more 30 minutes runs first though. Today was quite tough and I also want to try and speed it up a bit. But in 2-3 weeks maybe I will try the bridging...

@ Iilanae - Wow, I am seriously impressed. I am not sure if I would participate because I don't like crowds but it sure looks like a lot of fun. Not just a plain ol' boring marathon. ;-)

@Reso - Congrats! A new truck! Very exciting! I love my little Ranger dearly even when most people try to tell me it is not really a truck. Maybe a baby truck?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #81  

Thanks Josey, i already have a truck, a Sonoma, yeah a baby truck but i will have two for now.

You look to be on track for your goals i notice, thats wonderful and extremely challenging ... i know first hand, especially as you getb smaller and smaller.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #82  

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday chickadee!!

peanutt, you look incredible. Your progress is really inspiring to me. I can't even imagine the commitment level necessarily to lose 100 lbs. You rock Congratulations!
Iilanae, awesome pics. I'd be framing that last fire running one if I were you and use it for motivation on tough days. Now I kinda want to do a warrior dash... ha.

Well, yesterday was STRESSFUL. I had an issue with a professor for a class I really need to do well in, among other more serious things. My roommate is out of town and all of my friends were busy, and I couldn't distract myself with running. I had already lifted weights. After a couple of hours of debate with myself (and drawing, and reading, and playing music, etc.) I finally decided to make just one cookie to help myself feel better... and I realized that I didn't have any sugar in the house. Or chips. Or snacky foods. Which was entirely intentional, but boy was I mad I had to settle for some hot tea and carrots, which I angrily crunched (hehe). Anyway, I got through it and today has been pretty darn good. So, still 100% OP for this week.

Ok, off to go earn my fitocracy points. Slow week so far, gotta catch up!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #83  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Reso - thanks! I will keep pushing hard. I am not done yet!
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #84  
The Awesomeness!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/130

Height: 5'0

Quick question.....Protein shake post workout. Good or bad? Helpful or a myth?
Old 07-27-2011, 11:46 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat1465 View Post
Quick question.....Protein shake post workout. Good or bad? Helpful or a myth?
I often have a Whey protein shake before my walk as an afternoon snack, i usually throw in a banana and a scoop of ice cream and make it a real treat.

Hasn't seemed to hurt me, still we are all individuals and the only way you will know is to experiment on yourself to find whats right for you... IMO.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 201/173.8/130

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone,

Sorry have been a bit MIA, having internet issues at the moment

Fitness and Food going well, on track for a good loss
Old 07-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #87  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

This thread is moving FAST!

WOW Peanutt your pictures are AMAZING ~~
Congratulations

Thanks to everyone who gave tips and hints to food journaling. I have been keeping it daily since celrae and I started.

I'm still "on the wagon" and spending most of my time over on the fitocracy site. I'm at level 8 and right in the middle of our group. I hope to make level 9 by Sunday.

Keep up the great work everyone and thanks for the encouragement!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:03 AM   #88  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Reso we have a 2002 F150 Lariat and we LOVE that truck! You would love one, except for the gas suckage......
Old 07-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #89  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Evening, all!! Thank you all so much for the sweet birthday wishes; that was really nice of you! I feel like I haven't been here very much to support others lately (though I read everyday about what everyone is doing), and you all make me really want to be here doing that. You're all doing such a great job.

Sarge: I'll be off the scale all next week while on vacation! And I am SO with you on the eyebrow waxing... if I go longer than 3 weeks, I look like a sasquatch.

pokey: I'm definitely going to try the chili; thanks for posting the recipe!!

envelope: YES on the hair loss. I've always been a hair shedder, but I started losing even more when I began losing weight, and for the past month I've been losing it 100+ strands at a time in the shower in the morning (I've counted, lol) because of a medication I was given. The shower drain hates me! Fear not though, it will definitely grow back.

Iianae: I love the warrior dash photos!! That looks really fun - and really hard! lol

Rated: If the only options at meals are unhealthy ones, try drinking a glass or two of water before you eat. It will help you to feel fuller sooner, and you'll eat less of the undesirable stuff. Then you can stay satiated between meals with the good snacks.

KittyKay: Protein shakes after workouts = good. Anon has mentioned here before having a glass of chocolate milk after a strength workout, and that's also a good idea. Anything with protein + some carbs will help to repair your muscles and make sure those strength gains stick around.

JoyfulV: Your plan totally worked for yesterday!! Glad today has been a better day for you.

Resolute: Congratulations on the truck! I'm happy to see you so excited about it.

Cheshire: HA!! I forgot all about the backpack men! It IS nice when you see the same people often, and can smile and wave hello or chat for a moment. Glad you had such a great run today. When do you start back with school?

So, I mentioned a while back that leopard print dress that I bought to wear to my conference in June... I didn't make it to my conference, but I wore the dress out to dinner this weekend with my family and tonight with my husband. Below are links to some updated photos, one of which shows the dress. The photos were at ~275, ~230 and ~200 lbs. The leopard dress photo is a little misleading I think, as my mom is covering part of my right side in the photo, but at least on the other side you can see that my waist looks much more defined than when I was at ~275 lbs! Please excuse how tired I look in the face photo I took tonight, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...vs230vs200.jpg

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/...ace_weight.jpg
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 AM   #90  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Iianae: WOW those flames look intimidating! I want to do that!

Rated:
Family gatherings can make weight loss tough. Definitely try to get some veggies and fruits. Perhaps brink your own? Just don't get big servings, avoid the really fatty bready things, and if there is desert, get 1/4th a slice or a 1/2 a slice instead of a whole piece. You're with family so have fun!
I also do some small work outs before going to bed. Maybe head outside for a walk before bed, invite someone even. Or before bed do some jumping jacks, crunches or something to help burn some calories.

Cheshirecat: Part of the reason I'm scared of running is my shins. I use to get horrid shin splints. I do exercises now to help... but I've decided to run soon. I want to do a 5 K this week!

JoyfulVegGirl: That's exactly why I don't like to buy munchy food. Some days I have that mentality where I just want to get one cookie or one little snack... and then I can't find them, so I settle for carrots or dried fruits. XD
It helps later though, I'm not mad at myself for getting something yummy!

KittyKat1465: I use to get a whey protein shake with some soy milk a banana and sometimes yogurt before or after a loooong work out day. It seemed to help with hunger after. I don't always do it now though...

chickadee32: =0 That dress looks HOT on you chickadee! I usually don't like leopard prints but it makes me want one. You look very hour glassy... I'm rather jealous I must admit.

I want to move up that Leader board again. I was first for like half a day once. >< Now I'm 6th? WTF?!
I did the SHRED all ready, but I'm feeling WIDE awake... maybe some yoga for weight loss? Or Pilates... can't get too bouncy with room mates sleeping...
Tomorrow I have a goal to go on a 26 mile bike ride in under 2:30... that's kinda "slow" I know(about 12 mph), but I don't want to be disappointed if I don't go that fast. Lots of hills on this ride and it's soooo hot here, wish me luck! ><
I'm eating like 1200-1500 calories a day still... so haven't gone over the 1600 OP goal. I'm hoping for a decent loss by Sunday, but should I up the calories or is this good for my height?
Closed Thread