Old 07-31-2011, 12:48 PM   #197  
mya

Height: 5'4"

Last week's pledge: 1.8
Lost: 2.6
New pledge: 2
Old 07-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #198  

Height: 5' 8"

We have lost some serious weight this week!!!

Munchy - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How did you celebrate?

Peanutt - WoooHooooooo!

Maile - Anon will add you to the spread sheet. Sounds like you will fit right in with this crazy group. :0) Have you ever heard of fitocracy? Some of us log our work outs to earn points and level up. I am lagging behind some of the others, since for the most part I just jog, but it is a lot of fun!

Anon - yipppppee, I love when the BMI calculator moves to a new range.

SMS - congratulations!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #199  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by envelope View Post
Sarge - Update on side challenges.

As of todays check in for Josey and me.

JUST DOING IT! TOTAL NUMBER OF WEEKS MADE GOAL/PLEDGE Envelope (x5) vs. Josey (x3)

In the first to 15 as of today I have lost 5.8

hope your head feels better!
Grrr! ;-) How do I ever catch you on that one?
Old 07-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #200  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

KSquared - Listen to Peanutt and Reso. I finally applied what they've told me and am busting through the plateau...and eating six times a day, hitting between 1600-1900 calories per day. It doesn't make sense, I'll admit (I've always thought - losing weight = eating less...a lot less), but Peanutt's furnace analogy is perfect.

Reso - Thank you! I am excited to finally be moving downward again. I feel like I ate a lot and didn't work out as much as I should have this week, but it worked. Wow wow wow. Thanks for your support by the way I hope you're having a great weekend.

Peanutt - Congratulations on 100 pounds lost!!! You're amazing! And, you're brilliant. Like I said, I'm down 2.6 pounds and part of that is due to you and your advice. Thanks again

MadamB - I love love love grilled zucchini. We eat it at least 3 nights a week because it's one of my most favorite things. I hope you're having a great time!

Sarge - Are you going to be sweating vodka today????

Today is my mandated rest day, so I am going to enjoy it by just swimming in our pool and laying in the sun a bit. I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

Last edited by pokeycactus; 07-31-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:19 PM   #201  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Lost 1 / pledge 1 / trekked 10.6

Sorry I came up short on last week's pledge but it's now official - I've lost 100 lbs!
awesome(peanutt)sauce!!!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #202  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Me1st: Your hair still looks beautiful to me! I can imagine the loss of a lot of it has been frustrating for you, but kudos to you for feeling like other aspects of improving your health still make it worth it. Thank you for all the support, and I know you'll be rocking a loss next week.

Riestrella: Congratulations on leaving obesity behind!!

K3LL3Y: Congrats on getting into the 170s! New decades are so much fun.

Envelope: That's a wild number of calories burned for yesterday! I really want to get a HRM so that I can see what mine look like each day; which one do you use/recommend?

Sarge: Glad you had fun last night. Feel better!

muchey: Awesome loss this week, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

peanutt: Congratulations on getting to the official 100 lbs lost!!! What a milestone!! And getting in 2 miles/day is fantastic - I am a week further out from surgery than you, and even 1.5 miles at a time still feels like I'm pushing it. Way to go!

pokey: I'm thrilled to see the scale is moving down for you again!

Sarati: Amazing loss!!!

Anon: What awesome progress you've made on the running! It must be a great feeling to see (and have others see) just how far you've come.

celrae: It's great that you managed a loss even when not feeling 100%. Are you doing fitocracy with the rest of the group here?

DREAMER: Another one in the 4+ club this week, and halfway to goal - way to go!!!! All of your hard work is paying off! I'm so thrilled for you.

Maile: Welcome!

mya: Congrats on your loss as well!

I worked a long week last week, and after everything that has happened in the last month and a half I am very ready to start being on vacation as of today! I am heading to my inlaws place on a lake in VA, and it will hopefully be a nice week of relaxation (with a few breaks for work-related stuff that can't be avoided, grrr). I plan to get in as much swimming and walking as I can, and prepare as much of my own food as I'm able. We seldom eat out while there, which is a good thing. I should have internet access and will be checking in.

Have a great week, all!
Old 07-31-2011, 01:40 PM   #203  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Oh dear. Here I go again...

Have you tried eating more?? Read this - Endlessly limiting your caloric intake is not the only way to drop pounds or bust through a plateau!
Thanks Peanut,

I have read that, but that I don't think is my problem. Of course I can't really say for sure. I have tried eating more and staying at the same rate of activity, I have tried the same amount of calories and upped my activity, I have upped my calories and my activity. The only thing I have not tried is lowered my calories.

Jillian Micheals program had me on 1468 Calories.
Yesterday I was at 1660
Friday - 1420
Thursday- 1484
Wednesday - 1590
So I am sticking to around 1400 -1700 Which is what J.M and the My Counter food diary recommends.

On the low side J.M recommends 1200. So I have tried a higher calorie and various levels of activity. Just not a lower calorie.

I am maintaining weight, which is good, I am not gaining or yo-yoing. I'd just like to break through and start losing again.

I do alot of bending, twisting, squatting, reaching and lifting. I am on my feet for 7-8 hours a day. This is truly on my feet time. I do not sit down at work. Even if I am taking a break I don't sit down. I spend 20 minutes on the treadmill in the AM. Now if I am delivering ice, I won't work out again that day. Delivering ice is an incredible workout. Throwing 8 pound bags of ice 400 - 1100 times is an amazing work out coupled with bending, lifting and twisting. On days I do ice I lose a pound and a Inch. I wish I could do it everyday but I manage to do it 2 or 3 times a week.

On the rare days I work a day shift I go to Zumba 3 times a week as well. Sometimes at night after wok I will hit the treadmill for 45 minutes. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry I am just building muscle since Muscle is the same weight and that I will start dropping pounds when all my fat turns to muscle.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #204  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Ksquared - how long are you trying these changes for? It does take our bodies some time to adjust to new conditions and it could take 2-3 weeks to settle in to your new routines. The other recommendation that I can make is to try some calorie cycling. Over the week you'll average out to the same intake, but eating 1200 one day and 2000 the next can help bust through plateaus.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:10 PM   #205  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Trying to catch up on some personals here....so much going on.

Anon - great job at the gym! You must feel so proud of yourself with the progress that you can see today! Congrats on kicking that "obese" label to the curb!!

Dreamer - great loss!

Maile - welcome aboard!!

Riestrella - congrats on losing the obese label!!

Munchey - happy birthday!

pokey - I am so, so glad that you're busting through that plateau! You've been working your butt off and deserve to see that scale reflect your hard work!

chickadee - I'm doing multiple walks per day. It helps pass the time! If I was doing 2 miles all in one shot I think it would be too much for me right now. BUT I am working up to it!
Old 07-31-2011, 02:14 PM   #206  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Jeanettey’s weekend challenge

Thank you to all the platoon members who participated in KP DUTY

Rainbow - .. Dreamer - ..
Kuri -.... ...... me1st -...
rmc -... ...... madamb -...
Kitty -... ..... Joyful -...
K3ll3y - ... ... and me -..

Old 07-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #207  

Height: 5' 8"

K^2 - just keep going, it is fustrating when the scale will not move, but keep going and it will happen.

chickadee - Have a great vacation!!!
I typically burn on average 2900 cals a day and consume an average of 1500 cals for a net loss of 1400. I use the BodyMediaFit. Which I wear for 23 hours a day on my arm. I love it. I forget I am even wearing it, and have to double check that I have taken it off when I swim or get in the shower. I take the data I get from it with my ccing and it balances out to within a 1/2 lb over the course of a month. Sometimes during the month, the scale may owe me a few, but it does eventually give me the loss I have earned. There is a newer system that came our recently that can be worn on your belt or bra strap, I think it is about the size of a pinky. If I was about to buy one I would research into that one too.

Josey - There are some wacky weeks where even though I know I should have lost I do not...so you might get lucky and have a few of those weeks come along.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM   #208  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Sarge - Pledged 2 / Lost 4 / pledge 3 / 21 days on plan / 940 hardcore minutes

munchey -

Dreamer - Yay! Over half way to goal. It's all down hill now!

Peanut -

Old 07-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #209  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

Interesting. Calorie Cycling. I may have to try that. Do I work out harder on the days I eat lower calories? Or my normal activity?
Old 07-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #210  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksquared View Post
Thanks Peanut,

I do alot of bending, twisting, squatting, reaching and lifting. I am on my feet for 7-8 hours a day. This is truly on my feet time. I do not sit down at work. Even if I am taking a break I don't sit down. I spend 20 minutes on the treadmill in the AM. Now if I am delivering ice, I won't work out again that day. Delivering ice is an incredible workout. Throwing 8 pound bags of ice 400 - 1100 times is an amazing work out coupled with bending, lifting and twisting. On days I do ice I lose a pound and a Inch. I wish I could do it everyday but I manage to do it 2 or 3 times a week.

On the rare days I work a day shift I go to Zumba 3 times a week as well. Sometimes at night after wok I will hit the treadmill for 45 minutes. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry I am just building muscle since Muscle is the same weight and that I will start dropping pounds when all my fat turns to muscle.
I identify with your post and I have not found a solution yet.

I also, have a long hard work week. I work 9 + hours standing with lots of movement and no breaks. On Thursdays I was getting up at 4:30 am, CrossFit at 5:30am, 2.5 mile walk with dog, 8-5:30 work (15 min. break), 6:30pm Tennis Class until 8:00pm and my body felt like ****. My weight loss was slow for the effort I was putting in. Since I am doing BodPod testing I know that I was not building muscle.

I have been taking it slow for 2 weeks now and I need to find the right balance. I have learned is it important for me to have 2 challenging exercise sessions each week. Also, I do need to track my eating and develop a flexible plan. I haven't learned how to eat in moderation. I don't binge eat but, I do consume more calories than my body needs or the wrong calories.

I have made a long term commitment to this process, this is just an adjustment peroid. Thanks for the support.

chickadee- No. Fitocracy was adding another step and I didn't see how it would help me.

Peanutt- You are right about more quality calories. Time is always the issue.
Closed Thread