Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #1  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Default W.O.W. Labor Day Challenge - Week 2 (7/18 - 7/24)

Good morning, folks! New week, new thread.

How's everyone doing? Saw last week that some folks posted losses - yeah!! And for those not seeing progress the way they'd like to but are still sticking with it - keeeeep going and keep doing the best you can. Sometimes things out of our control (TOM, bizarro work schedules, etc.) will thwart our efforts, but as long as you are still making the best choices you can, you are strengthening that character trait - which, really, is the key to losing it and keeping it off. Strengthening the ability to make good choices is something we can practice every day!

So - what's you're goal for this week? Which choices are you going to make that will send your demons packing?

*~*~*~*

On a personal note - I'm down a pound and officially in the 120s! I'm in the home stretch!!! I haven't been in the 120s since high school. Pretty jazzed.

*~*~*~*

Looking forward to updates from everyone...

W - 60 oz.

E - Just had my yogurt... probably a salad for lunch (too hot for any hot food - it's going to be in the high 90s here today again, and 90% humidity - bleh!). Dinner is on my own as FH works tonight, so I'm thinking rice wraps (don't have to heat up the kitchen for that!).

E - Gotta do yardwork... and gotta do P90.

D - Would it be too lofty of a daily goal to aspire to not fall asleep at my desk today? Seriously, I'm whooped...
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #2  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Rowdy- Congrats on your accomplishments. Must feel great to be close to your goal. Thanks for the inspirational talk too.

My goals for this week....make it through TOM. Here's some TMI for ya. Got an IUD about 2 months ago. It has screwed everything up. They warned me it would for a while and they were right. So what I would like to see this week is just to get through TOM (it's gotten a bit rough) and to at least get back to that 183ish mark. Lower would be nice but I would be happy with just getting back to that area. In my head I understand the gains, but it still gets to me emotionally. Sometimes being a woman sucks.

Wish me luck!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

Rowdy - great job getting in the 120's, haven't been there since before I got pregnant with my first!

Mindy - Sorry about all the weight fluctuations, did you get the copper or the mirena? I've heard the copper one can make you have some serious TOM symptoms. Hope it gets better over time.

I'm just past 2 weeks postpartum and I'm down 20 of the 40 pounds I gained this pregnancy. Officially made a ticker (boo!) and starting to gear up for losing this weight. I'm not worried about my milk supply being affected, as usual I have an oversupply so I'm going to start with 1800 cals/day and see where that gets me. I won't be officially starting until next Monday (3 weeks post) but I'm trying to ease into it. Looking forward to checking in with you ladies more often!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #4  
mtiger

Wink

Emily- Copper. Due to my cancer gene I can't have any hormones so Mirena was out as well as the pill. Yep, they were right. It has really messed things up. I am so depressed with the weight loss thing I am about to give up. I started MWL about a month ago and haven't really lost a darn thing. How can this happen to me?

Here is what I ate yesterday:

3/4 c cornflakes, milk and 1 scrambled egg
1 can of tuna on 2 slices low cal bread, apple
watermelon, 12 cherries
shrimp and 1/2 c pasta salad w/ turkey
1 MWL snack bar

And I gain .8 Really????
Old 07-20-2011, 10:15 AM   #5  
Suz

Mindy, don't you dare give up! It'll take a while to adjust, but you're going to be fine. And you know what? If the IUD turns out to be a real mess for you, you can always get it taken out and try something else.

I was thinking of the IUD, myself - I'm on nuvaring right now, but I really don't want to be on hormonal birth control for the same reason I shouldn't have kids. I've got a condition called Klippel-Trenaunay Syndrome (it's a rare condition that makes blood vessels all wonky - about 50% of my right leg is bright purple/blue, and it's a bit larger than my left) which puts me at higher risk for strokes and blood clots. There is some research out there that indicates that the increased hormone levels of pregnancy puts those with my condition at even further risk for clots and stroke. Although the nuvaring hormone is very low-dose, there are still some who say I shouldn't be messing around with hormones at all.

But then I hear horror stories of IUDs - like the H-E-double-hockey-sticks you're going through - and then I think... uh... maybe I'll beg FH to get the Big Snip as a wedding present!! (BEFORE the honeymoon!!)

Fear not about the weight gain. Increased salt in canned tuna... could have made you retain a little. Plus, don't know about where you live, but temps here are close to 100 with ridiculous humidity, and that can make your body hang onto water, too!

Emily - your tactic of easing into getting back into the saddle is great. I think a lot of folks burn out when they try to change too much, too fast. It can be overwhelming - especially if you have a new little one to take care of on top of it. Good job.

Jeni - I know you're out there... working the nights. Hang in there, baby.

*~*~*~*

So I was in bed all day yesterday with TOM issues (yeah, it was that bad), but I'm back in the saddle today. Yeehaww!

W - 60 oz.

E - Had my greek yogurt for bfast, got my cranberry quinoa and banana for lunch, and dinner... haven't figured out yet!!

E - I DANCE TONIGHT! Burn baby burn.

D - Stay hydrated. That's my goal for today. Here in Delaware, we are NOT used to this kind of heat and are ill-equipped to handle it. Temps for the end of the week are forecast to be 103. My house A/C is barely keeping up!

*~*~*~*

Allrighty, girls - have a GREAT day! Make good choices!

Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Hi gals. I am still alive.

I am still trying to get the exercise into my weird schedule. Food is actually going really good.

Mindy~My scale isn't budging, and I am not happy with my weight or myself. Sometimes I want to give up, but mostly I just want to be eating right and exercising. That is when I am most happy. Don't let the scale rule you!

W 80 oz (easy)
E 35 minutes. I will get this in today!
E 1200 clean cals
D love my boy.

Tommy had a great time at camp!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #7  
mtiger

Wink

Well day 4 of TOM and I finally get a little relief. Went from 186.8 to 184.8 today. Now if only it would keep going for a while. The girl at MWL yesterday said not to worry. They will help me get there, just give it a little more time.
Hopefully this TOM will not be 6 days like the last one. I want my normal schedule back.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #8  
Suz

Having a blegh, blah day.

I have my weigh-in tomorrow, and honestly, all I can hope for is no upward movement. Seriously crappy week.

Couldn't exercise this morning because I hacked off a big chunk out of my ankle with the weedwhacker last night while doing yardwork. Sorry if that's TMI, but it has me really bummed... sucker hurts. Didn't need stitches - thank G_d - but it looks like someone cracked my ankle with a bullwhip about a hundred times. It's welted, swollen, sore, and still bleeding - and I am bummed right out.

But hey - yardwork's done.

W - 60 oz

E - Had unplanned grits for breakfast, but didn't go nuts and was sure to record it in my food diary. Hey ho.

E - Supposed to maybe dance tonight, but it's literally 100 degrees here right now, and my teacher is 67 years old and, as she says, "too old for this crap." So. Might be doing some drills on my own tonight, if my ankle cooperates. Maybe ice it?

D - Get to tomorrow (which is also payday) without going broke and without maiming anyone - including myself.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #9  
mtiger

Wink

Rowdy- OUCH!! You take care of that. Sounds painful. Everyone needs to take it easy in the heat. I did some yard work yesterday morning. Nothing like sweating at 8o am.

TOM has finally move on..only 4 days this time..yay!! The best part is the weight gain is coming off. I was 183 today....almost back to my most recent low of 182.8. Hopefully tomorrow I will be lower since we go weigh-in. Now is the week for me to lose....
Old 07-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #10  
Suz

'Morning, ladies! Checking in...

Mindy, so glad you finally have some relief. You're back on track.

Jeni - thinking of you, girl - hoping all is well in your corner of the world.

Where's everyone else? Come on, don't be shy...

Happy to report I've lost another pound - yeah! I'm pretty sure it's because of the rotten heat (forecast highs of 102 for today and tomorrow - again, I live in DE, not TX!!), combined with the fact that the A/C quit on us yesterday. Did NOT feel like consuming any heavy, nasty, fatty foods and ended up eating a big romaine salad with cucumbers and just a little garlic, oil, and balsamic.

W - gonna shoot for 100 oz today due to how awful the heat is. People are dropping like flies.

E - I dance tonight! Yeah!!

E - Had my oatmeal for breakfast (Better Oats Oat Revolution Strawberries & Cream - SOOO good, and I normally am "meh" about oatmeal!), made rice wraps with seitan for lunch, and dinner is carte blanche - Friday dinners are my "wild card" where I let myself have whatever I want!

D - Stay cool, calm, and focused!

Have a great day, everyone! And to newbies/folks we haven't seen in a while, pipe up and tell us how you're doing!
Old 07-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

I'm still here. I've been working hard at my housework (organizing the kids rooms while they are at camp.) THen I got called in to work last night. I'm off tonight, then In for 6 12's after tonight. The money is really nice, but it makes me a tired tired girl.

My food and water intake is going great, but my exercise still isn't fitting in to my schedule. I will figure out a way.

Heading to pick Mak up from camp! Its been five days, and I have never been without her for this long.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #12  
mtiger

Wink

181 two days in a row. Hoping for a little more to come off, but not unhappy about that number. TOM just really screws things up in my weight loss journey. I have to keep reminding myself that this crazy body does some weird things. I will get there...eventually.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #13  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies..

going on three weeks with no real workout. Nights are working out fine, but I am working 7-8 day stretches right now. I did mow the lawn today

Food is good, water is good.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Morning ladies -

Doing well so far, need to incorporate some light exercise in but it's been soooo hot! Down to 181.8 this morning so it's something. Trying to be productive and start organizing and purging the rooms in the house while I'm home.

Mindy - good job! That's right our bodies do some weird things, and I'm sure you're still adjusting to the IUD so every pound in the right direction is great!

Jeni - hang in there, 6 12's are rough - get your rest when you can

Suz - I'm with you on the heat, we're in SE PA and it's been unbearable. Thank goodness we've gotten some rain the past two days, although that probably means we're going to have to mow the grass after 3 weeks
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter

Yay exercise.

I'm sure by 4am my feet will be hurting, but I ran 2 miles today. It felt so amazingly good. Now I just have to keep doing it.