Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #106  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Morning, Up and AT IT!

Got my plan written down. Got my food packed in to work. Tonight is HIIT weight training.

Y'all have lost some amazing weight. Which is why I joined. I actually left the forum for a while because I was tired of the soft approach and the fuzziness of the thinking and the lack of the doing.

Don't let me down.

Spanks
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 AM   #107  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Morning, Up and AT IT!

I actually left the forum for a while because I was tired of the soft approach and the fuzziness of the thinking and the lack of the doing.

Don't let me down.

Spanks

Sarge breaking radio silence only to welcome clear-thinking Spanks and to leave you with this: HONOR, COURAGE, COMMITMENT! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYNz0...eature=related
Old 07-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #108  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

Wow, 12 hours and I have 4 pages to catch up on.

Everyone feeling a bit chatty as usual!

Okay, so like usual I have come to you ladies and gent for some advice.

This morning I was entering in my calories for the day and checking my numbers when it hit me. I am no longer a 228lb woman living a sedentary lifestyle.
I am now in fact a 183lb woman living a moderately active lifestyle and maybe my calorie goal of 1600 is no longer appropriate. I have seen small losses lately but they have been very small and a struggle.

Some of you are even more active then I am and more experienced with nutritional balance. Is there a calorie threshold that I should not be going below? I had this all figured out before but I feel like the variables have changed. My fitday calculator is saying 1900-2000 a day for weight loss, but that seems really high.

All help and comments are appreciated
Old 07-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #109  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon - I didn't run again last night! Grrrr! We had a power outage. No power, no treadmill. Honestly, I wasn't too crushed about it unfortunately. I feel quite burned out right now. I think running would help relieve stress but I am also dreading it. I need some vacation or at least a relaxing weekend. The last few months were quite stressful mentally and the last week very exciting so I think I just need a break. Sorry for rambling!

@envelope - I sure let you down on our little side challenge. Sorry! I promise I will restart the engines now. I need to lose a bunch of weight before December and it is time to get crackin'!

Anybody know some exercises I can do while working in the office, sitting in front of the computer?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Morning Platoon,

Just got back from the gym. I had another run-in with the trainer (who I still haven't been able to bring myself to complain about) today and it went much, much better. I asked him about an exercise, he tried to offer an alternative. I listened, waited for him to finish, and then told him I appreciated his input, but would really like to do the exercise I had been assigned. He kind of looked at me funny, then smiled a genuine smile, and said "well all right then" and showed me. I feel like he and I had a breakthrough today.

Josey -- Girl, you better get back to it! You definitely don't want to lose the progress you've made, and more than a week of not running and you might regress, so definitely don't wait too long. Maybe you could add a few dumbbell exercises to your workout routine to keep it fresh. I'm doing w9d2 tomorrow, so really, please don't wait too long!! Also, here's an article with a bunch of exercises you can do at or around your desk. (Lots you can do while sitting there, but not all.)

Congrats, Reso! I hate weighing myself after I work out!

New Members -- Can you let me know who you are please? Spanky, I am about to add you to the spreadsheet, but I think there was one more new person?

Everyone, You guys know you can change your preferences on the forum so that it will show more posts per page, right?

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 07-19-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Josey posted while I was posting LOL
Old 07-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #111  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon WTG girl on the trainer thingy! Good job on resolving that issue. You are absolutely right, I have to get back to running TONIGHT! Thanks for the link, I will check it out.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #112  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, Reso! I'm so very happy for you!!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #113  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

K3 - I've had my best and most consistent losses when I do not eat below my current weight's BMR and when my net daily deficit is 750-1000 calories per day. Looks like your BMR is 1600-1650 depending on your age. Instead of concentrating on my daily intake alone, I watch my net daily deficit (which is tracked automatically in MyNetDiary for me). The net daily deficit is calculated by: (maintenance caloric intake for current weight and activity level - calories consumed in a day) + calories burned through exercise. When I'm eating around 1600 calories per day and that deficit is 750-1000 I feel like my metabolism is fired up and working for me. I never feel hungry or unsatisfied and I get the best results on the scale. In using this, if you're more active you're going to be fueling your body more. If you're less active, you're going to be watching your intake more closely. Hope that helps!

Last edited by peanutt; 07-19-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Just got back from my 30 minutes on the office treadmill. Husband and I are planning on hitting the gym together tonight.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #115  
Getting There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
K3 - I've had my best and most consistent losses when I do not eat below my current weight's BMR and when my net daily deficit is 750-1000 calories per day. Looks like yours is 1600-1650 depending on your age. Instead of concentrating on my daily intake alone, I watch my net daily deficit (which is tracked automatically in MyNetDiary for me). The net daily deficit is calculated by: (maintenance caloric intake for current weight and activity level - calories consumed in a day) + calories burned through exercise. When I'm eating around 1600 calories per day and that deficit is 750-1000 I feel like my metabolism is fired up and working for me. I never feel hungry or unsatisfied and I get the best results on the scale. In using this, if you're more active you're going to be fueling your body more. If you're less active, you're going to be watching your intake more closely. Hope that helps!
Thank you Peanutt
I looked over my weeks, and even though I haven't been hungry I am really only getting an average of 1200-1400/day over my weekly average. Obviously this is a much larger deficit then I had thought. I will try to add in an extra healthy snack or additional protein to my mornings and bring that up into a better range.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #116  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

I'm checking in briefly as I need to be moving more and posting less.

Thanks to everyone who discussed the food logging with me. I forgot who said it but whoever said "Make yourself do it" THANKS!! Even if I don't want to I am going to make myself write it down in my Diet Minder.
I am also going to calculate my calories burned, like peanutt suggests, and see what I come up with.

Sarge it's nice to see you've broken your silence even if ever so briefly.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

peanutt- I just used MyNetDiary and it work very well, much easier than FitDay. I hope logging helps. I will give it a try for the next 4 weeks. Thanks
Old 07-19-2011, 01:26 PM   #118  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by celrae View Post
peanutt- I just used MyNetDiary and it work very well, much easier than FitDay. I hope logging helps. I will give it a try for the next 4 weeks. Thanks
Yay! I absolutely love MyNetDiary and think it's one of the best online/app calorie trackers out there (after trying many of them). Good luck! I love the 4 week commitment that you're making to trying something new.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #119  
Getting There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Yay! I absolutely love MyNetDiary and think it's one of the best online/app calorie trackers out there (after trying many of them). Good luck! I love the 4 week commitment that you're making to trying something new.
Really? I didn't like it. Though I've only tried the free version. I found it confusing and difficult to figure out how to change amounts and select food and add lines. Though I suppose as long as I'm doing it that's all that counts right?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #120  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just a quickie to say Hi & Bye, I'm off to work

To my SHREDDERS: Day 2 DONE for this week . . . ARE YOU DOIN' IT??? . . .

JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN . . .
Closed Thread