Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #121  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Having the power off really messed with my schedule/plan. Mostly my fault for letting other things get in the way, and not always sticking to my eating like I should. So I"m starting fresh this morning.

Calmeida, Welcome, glad to have you join us. Ouch on your sprined ligament, I hope its feeling better

TheManekiNeko , "Welcome, glad to have you join us, Would you share a little info about the IF plan?

Timoba, Welcome, glad to have you join us.

Gettin, I just got out of TOM, so I wasn't really thrilled about weighing anyway.

Tricia, I watched clips of Insanity when it first came out. Not my idea of fun, LOL. Are you getting Asylum??
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #122  
Hard Working Chick

Thanks you guys. I have a question. Maybe I overlooked it, but is there a cut cut off date for this challenge?
Timoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #123  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Welcome Timoba. Nice to have you join in the challenge. No there is no cut off date. This challenge is on-going and anyone is welcome to jump in at any time. Our overall goal is to stick with our plans and reach our ultimate weigh loss goal. We're just doing it one day at a time.

Claudia - I like Hip Hop Abs because I find that it works my middle area (my problem area). I hope you like it.

Emme - I'm just hoping I'll be over that 215 mark. That's where I plateaued before. I'm sure you'll be at 165 by then and we'll be celebrating.

Penguin - You've got the right attitude, today IS a new day. I hope it's going good for you so far.

I'm having a good day. I'm tracking my calories on My Plate and I'm downing the water. I can't wait to get my workout done later this evening when I get home. I'm thinking seriously about getting a treadmill since I really need to include walking in my daily routine and it's been too hot to get out and walk after work. I'd also be able to walk during the wintertime after dark when I get home. I love doing my DVDs but as I lose some more weight, I'd like to start running.

Have a great "rest of the day" everyone.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #124  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

Default weight lifting

I also ordered "new weight lifting for women" so I can work on my beautifully tattooed arms and not be embarrassed by the bat wings that hang with it!!!

Can't wait to get it and buy heavier weights!!!
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #125  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmeida5018 View Post
I also ordered "new weight lifting for women" so I can work on my beautifully tattooed arms and not be embarrassed by the bat wings that hang with it!!!

Can't wait to get it and buy heavier weights!!!
I've heard about that book and I've been tempted to buy it, but I just don't want to go into a weight room just yet. Once you read through it and see what needs to be done, let me know if the exercises can be done outside a weight room.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #126  
Green Tara

S/C/G: 196/175/130

Height: 5'1

From what I've been reading you can adapt some of it to work out at home if you have heavier weights. I used to be a gym rat 15 years ago and don't really have any issues hitting the weight room. I go during the day when the "meat heads" aren't all over the place.
calmeida5018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:18 PM   #127  

We took April to the vet today, it was time for her Heartworm meds, but because we walked her around so much over the weekend she developed a limp in her healing leg, and we found a raised red spot on her belly. The vet thinks all is well, but to keep her rested and an eye on the spot to see if it changes.

Other than that nothing exciting to report. Its just hot! The AC in the car finally died, so Hubby is out buying freon/r-whatever to fix it. No workout for me.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #128  
~Kim~

Evening everyone. Hi to all the new ladies! Good luck with all your goals.

Another day down, not much more to say. Pretty dull day here. =)

On plan Goal: 11/31
Water Goal: 11/31
Exercise Goal: 9/26
Checking in Goal: 11/31
No Chocolate Goal: 11/31
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #129  

Mon 11
B= 2 c milk, vits,
S=peach
L= salad, taco leftovers {meat, cheese, black beans, veggies}
D= homemade cheeseburger, peas + carrots
S= pb ice cream

Hubby and I agreed not to buy any more ice cream for a while. I'm going to try making more fruit based desserts.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #130  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

weigh in today: 259.5 (yikes!)
calories today: 1560
water today: 94.4oz

weight goal: 5.5 pounds to go
calorie goal: 9/28 days
water goal: 11/31 days

alright. so i'm still suffering my gain from the super yummy dinner at red lobster... but i've been OP for the last two days, and chuggin my water like i've been in the desert for a month. hopefully sticking to my plan will see it drop off quickly!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:41 AM   #131  

Mandy, I like your new avatar!

Aprils leg us much better today!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #132  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning ladies,

Mandy - I'm sure those extra 2 pounds will be gone soon. Just keep on sticking to your plan.

Penguin - I hope your DH can get your car AC fixed. It has been soooo hot this summer. I can't imagine being in the car without it.

All is going good with me. Still no W/I. I am so curious but I'm not going to give in. I can see small changes in the mirror so hopefully I'm shrinking.

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #133  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's Journal

Tuesday 7/12

B: 100 Cal english muffin, Queso Laughing Cow, 1 sl canadian bacon (155) Coffee w/creamer (60)
L: Ckn breast on Sandwich round w/lettuce & mustard (170) Pringles (110) YoCrunch yogurt (100) dark choc (100)
S: grapes (60) banana (60)
D: Subway sub (290) Pringles (110)
Exercise: Rest day

1215 calories
Old 07-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #134  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
All is going good with me. Still no W/I. I am so curious but I'm not going to give in. I can see small changes in the mirror so hopefully I'm shrinking.
GettinFit ~ Don't give in!!! I had my husband hide my scale this morning and told him he can't get it out for me until Thursday night (the 28th) before my WI that Friday. You should take the batteries out of your scale and put them in a completely separate room (or throw them away and buy new ones the day before the WI) that way it can't be used. Or if it is a non-digital scale you should just move the little thingy so it's way off anyway and you won't want to step on it. It's soooo hard not knowing, but if I keep eating right and exercising, then I am moving in the right direction and I need to trust my body more.

Last edited by Emme; 07-12-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #135  
There's no fear...

S/C/G: 235/Tracker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone, and a big HI to the new girls!!!

I just have to say - I've been OP for three days in a row (long time since I could actually say that) and I feel great! One foot in front of the other... one day at a time...

So Mr. Fierce & I have decided to push back our wedding date to next year, to allow time to plan a really great wedding ceremony. I'm excited...and it is giving me a great goal for 2012: drop 3 dress sizes by my 30th bday in May! More inspiration to stick to Insanity and 30DS and whatever other workout DVD I fancy! I'm looking to incorporate a good kickboxing dvd into my regimen... if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it!

Emme- Level 3 of 30DS, Insanity and anything else involving plyos are HARD on the knees. Definitely not for everyone. I pace myself with some of the moves because I have had knee issues since I was a little girl and I injured my knee a few years ago (e.g. if they want a double jump I might just stick to a single jump). I feel like my knees are getting stronger for doing the moves though!

Penguin - I don't know about the Asylum! It looks more insane than Insanity! However, this is coming from someone who used to struggle to do Level 1 of 30DS and now can get through Level 3 (thanks to Insanity)! When I get through the Insanity workout calendar I will definitely consider it...
Tricia Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote