Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #61  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Emme, alright, if you guys are going on a weighing strike I will join you. I need to think up a date. Trans 3 sounds a tad boring!

Kim, Aren't those both by Ellen Barrett? She's very good and has such a nice, encouraging personality. I hope you enjoy them.

ADL, welcome glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Good Morning Ladies!

I did not stay within my points on Sunday, but managed to get back on track yesterday. Yay! I know that it is my first week and I am struggling a little bit but am determined to not give up! Posting here really helps to see how great everyone is doing.

Kim - Congrats on your new wardrobe! That has to be an incredible feeling to know that your hard work has paid off! Yay!

ADL - Welcome to the group :-)
Jo7475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #63  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Penguin - What an idea! Let's do a challenge to stay off the scale 'til the end of the month Do you think we can do it Already today I feel so different (in a good way) not knowing the exact number on the scale. I feel smaller for some reason Maybe when I step on at the end of July I'll be 209

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-05-2011 at 10:51 AM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #64  

I have a OBGYN appointment on July 28th. My Dr was instrumental in getting me started on my heathly lifestyle so she's always very conscience of my weight. Gulp. So I won't weigh again until the morning of my appointment. I'm going to have to get Hubby to hide my scale, or take the batteries out and hide them.

Jo, the beginning is always the hardest. Once we break away from our old habits, replacing them with new healthier habits it gets much easier! Our perception of 'normal' shifts to our new lifestyle.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 07-05-2011 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #65  

Speaking of Mr Penguin. Last night he told me he has decided to try to exercise again! He ackknowlaged that he's had a lot of false starts before and hopes this isn't another one. I think his new more sedentary job has a lot to do with this, along with his back problems. So I decided to start him off slow and easy with a Leslie mile a night; some of her workouts use weights/stretchie bands for the upper body as well as the cardio. After he gets used to that we can go on to other workouts. He is they type of person who would rather mow the lawn than lift weights for exercise.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #66  
Stay Focused & Committed

Jo - Sorry I missed your post. Nice job on getting back on track. You're right, it is so hard when you first start out but it gets easier as the days go by. Hang in there and you'll be in your groove before you know it.

Penguin - It's going to be so exciting to see where we all are at the end of the month. I have a drs appt on Thursday but when I get weighed, I won't ask what the number is. I moved my scale to another room yesterday but I think I'll move it to a downstairs closet just to be sure I'm not tempted to hop on it.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #67  
~Kim~

Ok, you guys are awesome! I hope you all are able to stay off the scale the whole month. I'm still going to weighin on the 15th cause that's the plan and I know with all my hard work I'll be dying to know where I stand, but I'll definitely be cheering you all on with your strike! =)

Penguin ~ I really like Ellen. She just does the workout, she doesn't "blah blah blah" like a lot of instructors do and I really appreciate that. The dvd today was good. There were only a few moves I couldn't do and it was definitely a good workout. It's another keeper. =)

Last edited by TooManyDimples; 07-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:52 PM   #68  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

GettinFit ~ Yes, let's challenge each other to stay off of the scale until a date of our choosing at the end of the month. My date will be July 29th since it's the last Friday of the month and my original WI dates were Fridays. For anyone else doing it, what will your date be?
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #69  
~Kim~

Another day down. I've had a headache since this afternoon that does not want to go away. Hopefully a good nights sleep will cure it. Hope you all had a great day.

On plan Goal: 5/31
Water Goal: 5/31
Exercise Goal: 4/26
Checking in Goal: 5/31
TooManyDimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello All,

This is my very first post on 3FC although I've been lurking for quite some time. TRYING to lose weight (again) after a huge blow up (literally).
My July goals are as follows:

1. get into the 200's from the 2teens. I know I'll have to do this by eating right. I like to work out, I have a job that keeps me on my feet and moving all day long, I chase two children around....none of this really is going to help me if I don't change what I put into my mouth. Having a 20K bike ride does nothing for me if I come home and eat 6 chocolate chip cookies....right? So I guess my goal REALLY is to get on track with the eating. This means, having to tell my husband that I can't eat what he's making (he's pretty much incapable of cooking healthy) and having to nix the buying my lunch at work.

2. My plan is to work out at least 5 days a week. Probably a combination of playing tennis with my hubby and riding my bike around the neighborhood. I would LOVE to start jogging...but honestly, I'm WAY to self conscious about my body right now to do that. I'll stick with my bike...

3. I'd like to visit the thread daily..but I probably won't post that often. At least weekly posts from me with my progress. Keep myself accountable.

I guess I don't have a number four. July is my START...or re-start. I'll keep it simple.

Thanks everyone.
curcusenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #71  

Tues 5
B= 2 c milk, vits,
L= PBJ, broc salad
S= protein shake
D= homemade Tuscan Ravioli soup, bread
S= slice Mrs Edwards Straw pie {FIL Bday 'cake'}
E= Firm: Cardio Burn ~ 50min, Leslie Walk and Kick ~ 30 min

Envy, welcome, glad to have you join us. Please post just to say 'hi' even if you don't have anything to report.

Kim, hope your head is better by now. I think 'Slimdown' is one of her workouts with all the 'plie squats with butterfly arms'; they kill me! She put some workouts out on her own called 'The Studio' workouts. I tried a few, they are very nice but those plie's! http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/ELLE...-DVD-p/212.htm

Emme, good thing I checked back in, I forgot to ask Hubby to hide the scale, LOL, your post reminded me. I did this one time and made him hide the battery and the scale in two different places. I can be sneaky. I was sure I could find the scale, its not that big of a house!
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #72  
I am in control.

Welcome, envy!

Penguin ~ That is funny about having your husband hide the battery and the scale in two separate places! Quite clever!! It was so nice not to weigh myself this morning...it was like a breath of fresh air!

Kim ~ I hope your headache is better today!

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Last edited by Emme; 07-06-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:29 AM   #73  
Stay Focused & Committed

Good morning all,

curcusenvy. Congrats on getting back on track. For me that is the hardest thing to do once I've fallen off the wagon. Your goals for July are awesome and I hope you're able to reach all of them. Post as often as you can. That really helps me.

Kim - I hope you got rid of your headache. You are doing an awesome job girl.

Penguin - How'd the scale challenge go this morning? That was the first thing I thought about when I woke up this morning. Hoping on that metal monster. It is a crazy habit that I want to get rid of. I realize now that the scale determined how I was going to feel in the morning. If it was down I'd be happy and motivated to keep going but if it was up or didn't move, I'd be frustrated and would want to splurge. I know this way will be better for now. At least until I get out of the 200s.

Emme - How's your day going? You have be make us a promise that when you reach your goal, you'll keep posting with us. Having had the success you've had is so encouraging.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-06-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #74  
Stay Focused & Committed

Default Today's journal

Wed July 6 Journal

Day 2 ~ No Scale

B: Cheerios, skim milk, coffee w/creamer
S: blueberries, YoCrunch 100 Cal, 1 Special K protein snack bar
L: Low Sodium Turkey on sandwich round w/RF Provolone & mustard, small salad w/1/8 C feta & RF bacon bits, FF dressing, 2 pcs Dove dark choc.
D: Subway Veggie Sub, 1 single serv tub of Pringles
Exercise: Firm C2 Cardio & Sculpt

Last edited by GettinFit; 07-06-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #75  
I am in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
I realize now that the scale determined how I was going to feel in the morning. If it was down I'd be happy and motivated to keep going but if it was up or didn't move, I'd be frustrated and would want to splurge.
YES! The scale was also too much of a determinant in how my day was going to go. I'd weigh in and get really frustrated if it wasn't where I thought it should be, and then I'd think about it the entire morning...for hours! What a waste of time!!

Quote:
Emme - How's your day going? You have be make us a promise that when you reach your goal, you'll keep posting with us. Having had the success you've had is so encouraging.
Don't worry, I still plan to post after hitting goal! I might even try to get a smidge lower than 165 once I reach goal. My original goal was 170, but I saw 170 ten years ago and wanted to see if I could actually see a 160-something! My drivers license weight actually says 165, so it's a good goal to have, I guess. I might try 160, but it is definitely not something I am going to push for like crazy like I have been doing with 165.